Why do so many men disrespect women?

I've always wondered.

2mo Basically, they just... they think women are nothing.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Many women respond well to disrespect, over treating them well.

2. Many women don't respect themselves enough and do nothing about bad behavior, leading guys who act that way to think it's all good because so many woman "don't care" in their mind.

3. Many men weren't raised well.

4. Many men have a lot of bad experiences with women and these guys came to the conclusion it's better to act this way.

5. Many women have truly earned their disrespect.

6. Social norms during upbringing.

Generally speaking, I'm respectful of women. But I'm also not someone who claims it's NEVER ok to disrespect a woman. Because there are circumstances where it is just.

Most Helpful Girl

• OP, who offended u?

If you show you are worthy of respect, people will respect you.

Bullshit.

See my mother employs this attitude too. I was telling her a news article about this girl who got raped, and she was like boys need to learn how to respect women.

I was like... that kind of thought process is super offensive because it almost would seem as though the boy didn't respect the girl as a person, and that's why he raped her.

He raped her because he knew he thought he could get away with it, period.

Making her believe that it was because he didn't respect women is equivalent to making her believe he didn't respect HER, and that shifts the blame from the deviousness of his action to something being wrong with HER, that she's not worthy of respect.

Lol why are you getting involved with my discussion with another person?

Because she's a hot young 22 year old? You don't have a shot don't bother.

Honestly? On the slight chance you were being sincere (which I don't really believe), I will answer this: I hate the notion of 'show other people what you're worth.'

Other people don't get to decide what you're worth. YOU get to decide your worth. No one has the power or authority to decide whether or not you are worthy of respect.

Asker. First of all , mine 18 yr. secondly , I'm very sincere and mean every bit of it too. If you enjoy disrespecting other people because you just are all that... that's your Buisness... but Truethfully, how can you expect anything other than disrespect back. I always give respect first regardless.. it's then up to you to teach me differently about your self.

What Guys Said 31

• Why so many women disrespect men? People are shitty in general and disrespect everyone and everything. Human race is pretty evil.

• You gotta earn that respect. The fact you think women deserve respect just for being women, is what gets you disrespected.
    Respect is earner in life, and this goes for everyone.

earned*

If that's the case, then those women showed they didn't deserve respect.

I don't think anyone deserves disrespect. If you don't like someone, stay away from them.

All there is to it.

• Cause men are little bitches. "oh she has to earn my respect." Shut the fuck up you fucking whiney bitch. You have a vendetta against women because your bitch ass couldn't handle the fact that you got rejected or you got treated badly in a relationship, so now you're a woman hater. I can't stand "manly masculine" men. They are actors, they aren't masculine at all, they are ruled by their emotions which all come from the fact that they are upset at women for whatever reason. Man the fuck up, follow your dreams, always strive to be better than the person you were yesterday, and you won't be such a crybaby when you get rejected.

• I rarely disrespect women, and when I do, it is because they are trash as a person, and not because they are female.

See that's the really interesting part about your thought process.

I've seen a lot of guys who are trash as a person, and people seem afraid of them. They wouldn't dare mess with them.

And for the woman it's the other way around.

See in my opinion, there is no person in this world who is 'not worthy of respect.'

Unless they are just a bad person, that's different. But even so, our criminal justice system does not believe the right way to treat someone who has done bad things is to just throw them in a trash can it's to punish them for their crimes, and make them miserable in a way that they realize the reason that they are where they are is because of their actions.

I've never understood how another person can just 'not respect' another and treat them badly under the false pretense of 'I don't respect this person hence I treat them badly.'

What a horrible thought process that is.

You have condemned most men, unilaterally declared that they just think women are nothing, and assumed how my thought process works, without near enough input to make any such assumption, twice.

THAT is disrespect.
      Disrespect does not mean "treat people badly," and I never used those words, or said I did such a thing.

• What comes around goes around. Women that dont respect themselves actually dont even want to be respected and allow others to disrespect them. Women that truly respect themselves won't tolerate disrespect and simply won't assocciate with men who disrespect them. If you dont respect yourself nobody else will.

• Because women disrespect men , all people must earn respect and that doesn't take much brains to figure out... good people don't run around disrespecting other people. What comes around , goes around. If this is your way of being all that... then I have nothin to give you back.

• Unfortunately some men have no manners

• I never see it that way. But that's me.

• It goes both ways...

• its not only men, its people doing it. both men and women disrespect both men and women.

• If and only if many men disrespect you then look at your actions

• i can ask the opposite too

• Same reasons why women disrespect men. Othering... in group/out group whatever you want to call it.

• Umm what imaginary world do you live in? I mean yeah we have different views of sexuality because evolution made 2 genders which are different, but no man actually thinks less of women.

Read all the other opinions by men and rethink your answer.

• I dont know who you hang out with but most of the men that i hang out with dont disrespect women.

A lot of guys don't disrespect women unless they have a reason to do that.

You know, I am always of the ideology, let the punishment fit the crime.

If someone has done something you think is wrong, it's okay for you to react back to it TO THE EXTENT of the person's crimes.

Lots of people don't do this. They think well this person acted or behaved in this way so it's okay for me to act like that, that's totally not something I agree with.

If you found out someone was a liar too, it's okay to have a bad attitude towards her and be upfront that you realize she is a liar and hold that against her. It's not okay to just treat her generally like she's whatever.

exactly the same way here

• disrespect goes both ways between the genders... it isn't just men disrespecting women

• Because women treat men like shit.

• bc women are annoying

• I don't understand what you mean. Anyone can be disrespectful.

• Bcos Disrepecting maggot like you making me cum

• Because a lot of men are jerks, I guess.

• Why do so many women disrespect men?

• I don't, so unfortunately I can't help you with this question

• Not all men are like that you just haven't found 1 yet. A real 1.

• Well it all started with feminism. You treat us like shit we will beat girls to a pulp. isn't equality beautiful.

• Individual women disrespect individual men FAAAAAR MORE

As a group, I can't say, but the nature of women has always been known

• Because a lot of women are fustrating to deal with.

• Some are jerks. Some have absorbed toxic faux masculinity.

But I think a big answer is that men's 'basic human respect' level is lower than women's. Men focus more on the type of respect that you earn.

Which is? What are the types of respect that you earn

• cause women disrespect us

so we built a barrier for ourselves
    where when women talk
    we take it as a lie which is true part of the time
    so it goes in one end
    then goes out the other

plus women lie more then men do
    cause you are smaller

• They've seen their dad , uncles , granddads and neighbors do it.

This is what I thought too.

horseshit.
      every man has a mother. in fact, many men are raised by single mothers.
      women are our teachers, our nurses in school, our doctors growing up, etc etc etc.

There is nothing in society that teaches men to degrade women because they are women, and between mothers and grandmothers and school teachers, most men have had more women in positions of power over them in their life than men.

You, you blue anon motherfucker, make an assumption that older men just casually disrespect women, as if there fathers and grandfathers and uncles never had mothers, wives they truly loved, daughters they cherished, etc. So fuck you.

And asker? fuck you to. you are so eager for an excuse to hate men that you ignore ever post that say "men do not hate women," and cling to the first dude willing to throw his gender under the bus and say the words you want to hear, because the only thing you want is conformation bias.

I'm fucking disgusted.

You know, normally I'd ignore people like you, because I don't have time for crazy people.

However, I would like to point out, even the word 'motherfucker' is the most disrespectful word that I've heard a person say to another. You just targeted this guy's mother and you don't even know her.

Goes back to my point, men just disrespect women and they do it because they know they can get away with it.

If you think every man has a mother, you just disrespected his. I'll give you a moment to think about that

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 10

• Ppeople who do not respect themselves are the ones who tend to be disrespected. It doesn't matter, they are women or men.

• Why do so many women disrespect themselves?

• ?
    Maybe because they were disrespected first?

• They weren't raised right. Bad influence. Sometimes too look cool. It's fucked

• becasue some women allow it.

becasue some culture is still dominate by men.

whats yuor experience?

• Elaborate a little more

• Makes you wonder why they want sex with us 😂

• I do not understand this either. Im a respectful person yet I have been verbally abused by men for telling them to respect me. Men are just assholes, thats why i only use them for money.

• Men are wired to crave superiority over others. Women are others.

• Why do so many women disrespect men? It goes both ways...

Opinion owner. Why is it always the minors who think proper and are right more often than not? Good answer.. very true , although it does go both ways and your right about that too. 😊