What was your first Job?

Let's see who had the best or worst one.
Mine was shovelling horse shit. Beat that (for worst).

Most Helpful Girl

• A paid business internship with an organization, which I'm still currently working in. I work 9 to 5 one day a week instead of going to school, which I think is pretty cool.

Most Helpful Guy

• I worked at a factory for a company called NoNailBoxes... like the name says, the make boxes without nails... but use sharp razor blade like things instead lmao.

It was extremely hot in there during summer and we barely got any breaks... the lunch break for super short too and they didn't have a canteen anyway. My boss was checking on me and scolding me all the time... he felt like a slave driver lol.
    The last day about an hour before the end I got one of those razor blades in my leg and had to go to the hospital... shitty job.

Was 15

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• Beauty Therapy

• I was a portrait photographer and sales associate in the studio.

• Factory making car parts. Loved it! Then college came..

• What did you actually do?

• Made honda parts. After the machine molded the spoilers I would file the rough edges and send them to be painted. Sometimes I got to assemble headlights. I really liked doing that. Playing with the automatic screw driver was fun lol.

• legal secretary

• Worked in a vet clinic as a veterinary nurse while in high school and tutored as well.

• I was a baby sitter!

• I have never worked yet...

• Famous Footwear and it was the worst! Especially since I'm not too fond of feet.

• Not really bad. Was an elderly carer. Kinda gross seeing them naked and dealing with poo etc though

• Working with a ships carpenter.

• Unusual for a girl.

• Yep, still in the marine industry just different fields.

• Awesome. It makes me feel good when people are happy

What Guys Said 19

• Been there, done that. Except I didn't get paid for it. As a matter of fact, I actually paid money for the honor. Can you beat shoveling horse shit but paying the person making you shovel horse shit. (It was a camp to help with anxiety, and barn chores were part of it).

If that counts, that. If not, I haven't had a job yet.

• Fast food as a cook/ clean up boy. It sucked. I only lasted a week once another company called me. So quick to say yes.

Your is worse though.

• Not really. Horses don't swear at you for getting orders wrong

• Mowing grass in the hottest climate ever... FLORIDA!

• Worked at an animal auction running animals in and out of the auction arena and cleaning stalls

• Selling fruits and vegetables on the city marketplace.

• Building a log cabin helper at the age of 10 working for food

• Age 10 hey? I hope that food was fun stuff like burgers and fries then

• Ice cream and milk was my favorite as a kid. I would've been jealous of you

• Thanks lol

• Shovelled snow around town when I was 13. Started pumping gas at Shell at 15. Mediocre job, but the bosses were cool and I worked with my friends so it was good.

• Royal navy ships cleaning out their tanks. Mostly oil but I did do the... other... tanks once. It wasn't a good job.

• Lol gross. Still an honest days work.

• It was a horrible job with ok (ish) pay.

Honest enough it made me look at university. Now I'm hopeful of a job that doesn't require getting dirty again.

• Good stuff

• My parents were working class and had a restaurant and they made me take orders and be a cashier at their register. Totally illegal since I was underage and didn't PAY me. Child labor.

• Bag packer at a supermarket

• First thing I got paid for alphabetizing books. It was a 2 day

• I worked in a flower shop because my family owns one

• Sales Manager in super Market.

• I worked at a gas station and it was awesome!

• Retail

• McDonalds... :(

• I did the graveyard shift at a gas station.

• summer job

• coastal edge was my first