How to get out of a lie?

I had a few too many and stubbed my toe really bad splitting the nail completely in half on a door. It's excruciatingly painful and there was a lot of blood. I can't walk it hurts so bad but for some reason I lied to my grandma on the phone saying I broke it. I was intoxicated and being dramatic. I lied and said I had an x-ray done. I have no idea why I said this. I really don't. There's only one problem.. were all getting together for Thanksgiving in a few days and she's going to expect me to be on crutches and possibly want to see it. I figured I'll just say it hurts too bad to take the bandage off but I really don't wabt to get caught in this lie. Like, what was the point? I feel like I wanted attention from her sometimes I feel like she doesn't love me. Anyway. I feel awful about lying. How do I get out of this? There's no way in hell I'm confessing so please don't suggest that. Also, I realize what I did was wrong. I don't understand why I did it.

2mo I am aware that not lying is tge best solution but it's already done.
2mo Let me spell it out for everyone. I need another lie to cover up my lie. I don't give a fuck if it's dishonest. I'm not sugar coating the story so unless you have a good cover up lie save your breath. Thaaanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, you really dont need another lie to cover up a lie. this is where you tell the truth, to make up for your sin

What Guys Said 5

• You can't just say the X-ray was clear? It showed a sprain. It wasn't as bad as they thought it was at first?

I'd honestly just tell him.

My grandma is a she haha. You mean say they called me back and that it's just a sprain?

*She - sorry lol

Well you could say anything. Maybe you panicked when talking to her before the results and told her what the doctor said was a "worst case". Turned out not to be that bad.

• The best way is to not lie in the first place. That's 100% effective

Yes like I said.. I do realize that. I never lie that's why I feel so bad. That's an obvious thing to point out. I was trying to avoid these types of suggestions because I already know these things. Most people do. But thanks anyway

Aren't you a sweetheart: )

• How boringly, typically female. Lie, then lie to cover a lie.

Pure class.

• Admit that you lied.

Holy fuck.. okay does anyone even read the content of the post? These repetitive suggestions could be avoided.

You sound too much of a spoilt brat. Admitting a lie is far more admirable than someone willingly living in their own magic world.

Lol, k. Goodie two shoes. **Eye roll**

• Keep on lying, that's my policy 😏

Lol I think I'm just gunna say I needed a referral for the crutches (which is true) and I will actually try to get them because it's true i can't even walk and hopefully she doesn't question about the toe split I'll just wrap it in gauze completely and if she says anything I'll just say it fell off and I didn't have the proper materials to fix it that I have to look up online how to do it again

2 days ago

Hmm, tell her it fell off when you were sleeping but they said it wasn't a big deal if you kept it wrapped. You might go back in next week to get it out back on

What Girls Said 0