Is pedophilia a crime?

Is pedophilia a crime?

• Yes it is a crime
  • No it is not crime

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's a crime. Children are not old enough to be consenting to sexual acts. Their bodies also aren't developed enough. Anyone having sex with them is taking advantage of their innocence.

What Guys Said 27

• The feeling is never a crime. The actions may or may not be a crime, depending on where you live. In Japan for instance, having sex with minors (especially if they were girls) was tolerated up until the early 2000s. There are parts of Tokyo where high school and even middle school girls would sell their bodies to elderly men as a way of making extra cash to buy fancy clothes or gadgets (these girls usually weren't poor, it was more of a sugar-daddy relationship). The government and police knew about it but generously played dumb. Pedophile pornography was legal to sell and buy up until 1 year ago. I travelled through Japan two years ago and I saw quite a lot of clearly pedophile magazines in sex shops (some of the girls in those porn magazines were 5 or 6 years old). I could have legally bought those things. Now the trading aspect has been made illegal but owning pedophile pornography is still perfectly legal in Japan.

• Not that I know of no. The only way someone would know if someone is one is by them telling them, or revealing through their actions.

The state of being one isn't, not that I know of at least. Then again, most people that have replied probably believe that just being attracted to something, or someone in itself (without having done anything sexual at all) is a crime. Which is kind insane.

Can you imagine if every thought and emotion was a crime? Imagine feeling like killing someone, and you get thrown in jail for merely feeling hate towards someone. Same thing for anything really. It is a crime to punch someone in the face. But it isn't a crime to think about doing it.

But I digress.

• Not necessarily.

Its a crime only when you act on your urges.

• having the feelings is not a crime. acting on those feelings is

• By definition of the word, no. Pedophilia is the attraction to children.

One's thoughts and desires, in themselves, without ACTION on those thoughts and desires... is not a crime.

• Well this isn't really a matter of opinion, it's about facts. Law is a law that was written and passed. Check your law people, based from where you live. No pedophilia is not a crime and I imagine it's the same thing to many places.

The crimes are activities revolving around it, whether solicitation/distribution of child porno, grooming the child, statutory rape, molestation blah blah yaddi yada ya

• Yes, of course.

• Being a pedophile itself isn't, but acting on it is

• Acting on it is.

• No, it's not.

Having sexual contact with a minor is a crime.

• Child molestation is a crime. Peadophillia isn't a crime.

• Nah. You're good. Nothing can possibly go wrong... Sucker 😒

• Yes. They should be chemically/medically castrated and put into jails for a lifetime.

• It has duh written all over it

• Yes, it is.

• yes, very much so.

• Liking children in a sexual way isn't a crime. But such a person is messed up. Big time.

• It is a sickness first.

• Yes it is a crime... in every country of the world having sex with an underage person is a crime

• It is not a crime, however it is a crime to actually do something to a child though.

• Most certainly is 😉

• No, pedophilia is just attraction towards children. Rape is a crime

• It's probably the worst crime morally a person can do. Worse than murder in my opinion

• yes. it's def. a crime

• Bunch of sick fucks right here..

• its not a crime to be sexually attracted to children, it is however a crime to go through with your urges. the majority of people will say its a crime, it just shows how stupid they really are.

What Girls Said 11

• No, it's a psychological disorder. It's only a crime if they commit one because of their disorder... such as downloading kiddie porn.

• Raping children definitely isn't smiled upon.

• Well there's the mental disposition towards it. Nothing criminal about that... But ACTING on it is criminal.

• Yes it's a crime.

• When you act on it, it is.

But ONLY if they act on it. It's making me want to bang my head at how many people are answering "yes" to "is it a crime" to have a psychological disorder. LOL.

@CheerGirl38139 I know right? Pedophilia *itself* is not a crime, gosh people, smh lol.

• If you act on your urges of course it's a crime.

• If it's not, there wouldn't be divisions in the law enforcement agencies dedicated to fight it

• Yes it's a crime

• No it's not. Unless you act on it.

• It's a crime against humanity, but only legally criminal if they act on it.

• Obviously