Is it wrong to sell a house that was given to you when somebody passed away?

lets say the house was already payed off, and now I own it, would it be a bad thing too sell that house if I was trying to move?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. It's your choice on what to do with the house after all. If you don't want to live there or in that area, I don't see why it would be a problem to sell it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know but i would if i had a good offer. Most likely it would be hard getting what it was worth so I may give up and just rent it.
    If say it was in the way of a golf course and they wanted to buy it then Id set a high price possibly 2-3 times the valuation and refuse to budge.

did you inherit a house?

im trying to get what the house is worth, the worth has doubled its worth overtime and im okay with that

What Girls Said 5

• No its not wrong to want to sell it, it was left to you knowingly that you'd do the right choice for you.

• No because it's now yours to do as you want with it . You aren't obligated to keep it just because it was left to you

• It's up to you to decide. It isn't wise to form attachments to material things but if it's a home you grew up in I can understand the sentimental value. It's neither right nor wrong, the house was given to you and you can do with it as you please.

• nope, not bad
    but make a decision like this wisely

• Nope at all

What Guys Said 7

• no it's not wrong to sell the house. it was given to you do to with as you please

• Nothing wrong if your parents did not say anything.

• Well since it's your house you can do whatever with it, but this isn't a decision you should take lightly, think long and hard about this

• No, why would it be?

• It's not wrong at all.

• Unless the will says not to, I don't see how it would be an issue.

• No you need to live ur life