Are many men pedophilias?

why are men perverts?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• From my Intro to Human Sexuality class I took last year, here are some figures on it:

Pedophilic Disorder
    •Prevalence unknown
    •Estimated ~5%
    •3%-9% of males acknowledge sexual fantasies or sexual contact involving pre-pubescent children
    •Assessed via self-report, sexual behavior history, viewing time, phallometry

•Are there women pedophiles?
    •Study in 1980s estimated that 20% of all offences against boys and 5% against girls are by women
    ----
    So on the whole, even if you account for the inaccuracies/errors of the statistics (like how many people wouldn't exactly openly admit "I'm a pedophile"), the prevalance is not an extreme percentage. I guess it all depends on what you consider "many" though.

I chose B. It is true that many/the majority of pedophiles are men, but it doesn't mean the majority of men are pedophiles. It's not a two way statement.

What Guys Said 24

• As far as I know, it's more about power than about sex.
    It's evidently more difficult to overpower (mentally or physically!) an adult woman than an inexperienced child.
    Thus that may tempt insecure men.
    If it was about sex, flat chested women without hips and without pubic hair (they exist) would be the most in demand.

• I don't get the correlation of pervert with paedophilia though. Can be perverts but paedophilia is different

• Nope. Some guys are & other's are not. But being a perv & pedophile is totally different. Anyways lots of guys who are nasty are blended in with the normal guy & it's really hard to tell which guys are healthy normal & the one who are perverts who loves children. For one thing, I'm glad that I'm not one of them. Because me being with an older woman sounds a whole lot more sexier to me in my book.

• Yes and all women are evil n shit.

• I have no idea of stats but I am presuming very low percentage wise

• being a pervert and a pedophilia are very different things.
    and i can ask the same about women, that why they are perverts too

• What the fuck question is this... I mean yes majority of pedophiles are men but not majority of men are pedophiles...

• Pedophiles are attracted to PRE-PUBESCENT children.

Just because he's convicted for sex with a minor doesn't mean he's a pedo. What's the age of the minor?

• There are many female pedophilia's. They just don't get the press that the guy do. I (sadly) know two female sex offenders. One who raped two six year old boy, and another who raped a 10 year old girl. I know longer speak to them, but they are out there.

• I've never met a pedophile.

• Every guy is pervert but not pedophilia

• Pervert and pedophile are not the same.

• What dafauq girl

• It was one time when some random dude come up to the stairwell and startet to take on my butt and dick through my clothes when I dident have a key to the house. I was 12

• men are perverts that is undeniable... but pedophiles? NO

• I think you mean pedophiles and no, they are not the majority.

• No. Society artificially created an age of consent limit and punishes men for being interested in girls that have become women, this was done by feminists who didn't like being passed over by quality men looking for quality young attractive women. A woman is of marriage age at sixteen thankfully here in Britain, I waited until my fiancee turned sixteen before marrying two years ago her and dated her previously for 13 months, best decision I ever made.

• why are you a troll

• No.
    And men aren't perverts.

• No, at least not if using the word with precision.

The vast majority of men do not find prepubescents attractive.

The majority of men do not find under 18 women more attractive than over 18 women.

The majority of men find at least some women physically attractive from puberty up to and beyond menopause with the average 'peak' attractiveness being among women who are in their early 20s. that includes some teens.

• Pedophilia is being sexually aroused by pre-pubescents. In other words, if you're an average girl over the age of 11, then a guy can find you sexually attractive without being a pedophile. Being attracted to adolescents is universal- practically every man alive is a hebephile. That doesn't make us perverts- it makes us human.

• pedo means really young like before they reach sexual maturity, liking girls even 13+ is not really pedo

• many women, LOOK older than 18, but are actually under. im 27, and i look 17. im just short, with hardly any facial hair

• People can't BE "pedophilias", genius. And no, they aren't. To your second question, I say "no more than women are".

What Girls Said 7

• "Why are men perverts?"

"Yes"
    or
    "No."

Wut?

Asking why and then providing a yes or no answer doesn't quite make sense, since the presence of "why" insinuates you'd want people's personal theories in this case, the yes or no poll seems misplaced. But I'd say if you have an interest of why some men become pedophiles that you look a little into some studies.

• You can have female paedophiles. There are mainly male paedophiles though, but many men are usually pretty normal.

I was out with two male friends though the other night and they both were saying how much men are perverts and how they'd try to protect their daughters as much as possible, so even guys know what guys can be like.

• I don't think so.. for one.. many men are fathers.. and I can't imagine a father thinking about a kid that way

• Perverts and pedophiles are different things...
    Some are, some aren't.
    As for perverts - it depends on what you consider a pervert.

• Pervert does not equate to pedophile, they're two separate things. It's estimated that less than 5% of men are pedophiles, and I couldn't find stats on women, because it's less prevalent and less is known about it.

• Some are, not all of them.

• and thats why i like them.

wait pedo or podo?
      i love guys who are podophiles.