Is there anything from your past that haunts you, affects you in a negative way - still to this day?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I believe my late mother never wanted to face i have learning disabilities and i hate it cause i can feel it. I know deep down i will never find a woman who will accept me and love me cause they don't want their daughter or son to inherit the same type of disabilities.

I almost drowned when i was about age 10 but no one saw it so my mother always said, that it never happened but it haunts me cause i could of drowned and i would of died and maybe even went missing under water but God saved me so i guess he got me here for a reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I had my heart broken in the worst way by my first love. After six months together and being deeply in love, he just stopped calling me and stopped accepting my calls without any explanation. I still have self-esteem issues as a result. It has also made it difficult for me to let myself fall completely in love like that again.

What Guys Said 15

• yeah-i hurt a girl i loved... that was 6 years ago... should've acted on my feeling before she moved.

• I gave a stranger directions once and they were probably wrong. I think about it before I sleep sometimes.

don't kill yourself over it! you didn't send him to Lucifer, lol😁

• Yes !
    In 2013 , My girlfriend rejected because I am short and that bad feeling of being rejected becauae of shape still haunting me !

The problem that she is about 4" shorter than me 😄

I didn't ask any girl for dating after this 😊

• Yes.

• bullied by a teacher, It is so hard to believe what he teach.

• many things

• i have nightmares but nothing that happened in reality.

• yes there is

• Haunts me? No. But I have some shit that is going to affect me negatively for the rest of my life.

• Pretty much anything romance related...

• Yea I stole a ring when I was 5 it still haunts me

• Me and my cousins did some sexual things with each other when we were pretty young. Still hate myself for it.

• I was convicted of a felony 40 years ago. On occasions, I still have an occasion when the question is asked and I must disclose it.

• Yes, nagging injuries.

• yes, my nanny abused me as a 8 year old boy and i was scared to tell my mother until i was 14. Her face still affects me when i think back. I feel anxious and sometimes feel it hard to breath, but i'm much better now

What Girls Said 12

• yea... my trust issues

• Yes. As a child, I grew up without my parents; they're always out for work. Therefore, I had to stay with different babysitter each time. Some of them fucked me up. I would never leave my children with anyone.

• Oh god yes,,,,,,,,,, I am human there are a few things, but the main one is a pretty recent memory... can't talk about it, just know that we all have pasts... Every Saint has a past and Every Sinner has a Future, Just sayin...

• Yes. Yes there is. But it doesn't control me.

• Yes, I don't feel like sharing details, though.

• my sexual assault

• There are many many things that haunt me from my past. That's why I'm so fucked up today.

• Yes, The abandonment of my father at a very young age.

• yes, two facts

• My sexual assaults...

• Not every family is perfect, but mines was always full of laughter and harmless bantering. However, I had no idea there was always this little tension between my sister and our father. They just never knew how to talk to each other without slightly leaning to the offensive side to where it causes misunderstandings. The other may intentionally be trying to joke, but the other doesn't see it that way.

One day my sister had to go to work, and this was during a very rough period in her life already. Dad decided to take her. They had an argument where they only reached like a block ahead. It insensitive and my sister told him she hated him, and she threw herself out of the car flagging down an unmarked police. Mom got the call and she and I walked up the street where I was really angry at her.

Gratefully, and thank God the police was friendly and understanding, but had it been the wrong cop, my dad might have been sent to jail. He told her how much he had sacrificed for her and I and began crying to the point where he almost couldn't stand up. I let her have it and blamed her becuase seeing my dad cry broke me to pieces. But after looking back on it, I should have stayed out if it because I didn't know the full story.

I wish that day never happened. That was somewhere like in 2007 or 08

• I was with a complete dickhead for under 6 months last year and kept it away from my parents because I knew they hated him. They found out in January from one of their friends, went ballistic, and I feel like my life has gone downhill since then.

I'm a bit happy, because I knew the whole time he was just using me, but at the same time, the way my parents put it that night had me shaking, fainting and feeling completely unmotivated & depressed for the next few months.

Since then, they've never really looked at me in the same way. Always doubting me and my actions, always being wary about me hanging out with guys. But in a way, the whole situation had sort of nudged me a bit; told me to be a bit more careful, alert, and not be as stupid and naive as I was back then.

Today, I haven't spoken to / seen / texted him since, and it takes me such a short amount of time to get rid of negative people / aspects in my life. Of course, that night that my parents told me they knew, haunts me almost everyday. It's been so hard to forget anything happened, they couldn't have worded it any worse. But it's certainly, I feel, made me push myself to be my best self.