Have you ever been robbed?

Whether in the street, or someone broke into your house.

When I was a kid (like 10-11 I believe), someone broke into my house. Good thing they didn't steal a lot, just money, jewelry, and a laptop... we (or at least I) thought the thieves were some people that did some construction in my house for weeks, cause they seemed to know exactly what they were looking for (despite the doors always being locked when they were there).

So what about you? Has someone ever broken into your house, or have you been robbed out in the streets?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• My house got broken into and ram-shacked but nothing of the sort. We were still moving in our stuff over the past 9 years from NY. I was a freshman in high school. But had we been up here, we could have gotten killed, raped or badly injured, because the crooks who did it had a hunting knife and they left it on our property during January where we just had a blizzard. They also did this to 4 other empty homes in the neighborhood. I don't know if they ever got caught. But I did have things stolen from me when I was in Middle school about 3 times. My pocket book got stolen with my money, and my video game in it. And my CD's my father bought me got stolen too, and was taking out of my CD case. Turned out the people who stole it was my so-called friends, who also mocked and made fun of me. Ever since those experiences, I've things close to me and take them with me at ALL times.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. 3 times in fact. The first time was when i was 18 and tried to be a weed dealer. I got stabbed right below my right kneecap with a phillips screwdriver. Dude only took the quarter I was going to sell.. 2nd time was at a convience store when I was 19. I wasn't actually robbed but still. Last time was in 2010 when I delivered for Pizza Hut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FP7E5J3I9w

What Girls Said 16

• I was jumped when I was like 15-16. Was pushed to the ground, kicked and had two toonies stolen out of my pockets.

• When I was around 10 or something, I was at a theatre with my school. And I let my phone stay in my jacket pocket. Did not think that people would look in the wardrope of a theatre.
    But when we got out and I had to take my jacket, my phone was gone.

I was so sad and cried a lot, that was the best phone I have had. (for the generation of phones)

Though I'm very happy that I have not experienced something worse. *knock-on-wood*

Wow! In Denmark? That's weird... Denmark has proven to me that it's a safe place to live :)

@Soulife Yeah it is pretty safe, but you cannot be sure when you just leave your stuff. You can always be unlucky :)

• Yes we've had people brake into our holiday home - didn't take too much fortunately as they were planning to make several trips.

• Someone has broken into my family's vehicle before, yes.

• Nope, never, robbers are afraid of me ;)

• Yes, someone broke into my house one year ago and stole my camera (it was a Nikon), sunglasses, Samsung tablet. Fortunately I had taken my laptop with me that day or they would've stolen it too. I was suspecting that person was the concierge working downstairs because she was the only one who had a copy of the keys. After denying it for months, I stopped looking for proof because there was none. I got all the duplicate keys back though.

• Yes.
    When I was in junior high, and we were in the girls locker room. I found out a girl went through my stuff, stole a pack of gum, and $2 from me.
    I was saving that pack of gum. ಠ_ಠ

• I haven't

• One attempted to rob my house but all the alarms went off
    My dad was held at gunpoint for the keys to his car once when he was getting in (ended getting his car back)
    My moms car was broken into. Stole a gps that was in there

• Our maid stole a LOT of money from us

• No. I live in probably one of the safest places in the world.

• Someone stole money from me, and food from me, I'm pretty sure someone must of stole my writing already, but I hope not. :3

• We've had things stolen from my family before, too many times

• Yes... textbooks are expensive!

• I never been

• Luckily not

What Guys Said 17

• I have. late at night. at Gun point. I waiting for a bus. There was these two dudes walking by and they turned around and pulled out there gun and deman for my things. I wasn't terrified but I was a bit shaky. But somehow I felt happy at end. That either they needed it more than I did or karama. Either way I wasn't mad. They took my iPod touch 3rd gen, Cologne bottle, money I had in my wallet, and that's it. They forgot my headphones and threw my bus pass back at me.

• Yes. My father was an affluent local banker. Our house was a target. For a period of time we would get broken in to and robbed 2-3 times a year. The worst time was we caught a robber in our house when we came back from Christmas Eve at another family members house. The robber cut my fathers neck with a utility knife...

• aside from loaning my bourne identity dvd to a friend in college and never getting it back... no i've never been robbed

• My family home was broken into a long time ago maybe 25 years ago - I think we disturbed them because not much was taken

• My bike was stolen a few weeks ago, from the rack outside my office in broad daylight. Cut the lock and took it.

• Nope. We even keep our doors unlocked and I have this stupid habit of keeping my windows down in my car during the spring-fall, which always backfires shen it rains and the pollen and shit gets in the car 😑

• My family has been burglarized--someone broke into our house at least once--but never robbed, fortunately.

• They tried several times, failed often, succeeded three times.

• my mom was, just recently. my wallet happened to be in her purse, so, it was sort of like i was robbed. i just wasn't with her when it happened. she was alone

• No, but once I had some kind employees at Nicola Tesla airport in Serbia break into my locked luggage and steal basically everything that wasn't underwear and toothbrushes.

• Does stealing my heart count?😂😇😇

• Not robbed but someone stole my scooter out from my front yard when I was young

• when i was 13 i was robbed by a guy but he only stole 2 EUR lol what an idiot.

• Currently being robbed by State Farm since they totaled my car and aren't giving shit for it.

• Had my truck broken into a few times, our cabin got broken into a few times too.

• House broken into? Yeah. Robbed? No, but I know many people who have.

• Luckily, no.