What kind of Sci-Fi technology would you like to have the most?

What's your favorite type of SF technology?

• Teleporter
  • Stargate
  • Lightsaber
    Vote C
  • Force Field
    Vote D
  • Faster than light Spaceship
    Vote E
  • Food & Drink Replicator
    Vote F
  • Time Traveling Vessel
    Vote G
Select a gender to cast your vote:

3434

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely a TARDIS. It can teleport too ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• Stargate, it's a shortcut to every Galaxy ;)

• I'd agree. It takes less time to get to your desired destination compared to the Spaceship. Although I wondered the Stargate would take about the same amount of maintenance or energy requirements compared to the Spaceship, or if it would be significantly less maintenance required.

What Girls Said 33

• All of these could be used for such amazing benefits to the human race... but I really want a food replicator.
    Ok, ok. Fine, the tardis will do.

• I could use a teleporter...

• For the cool factor, FTL travel!

But like, practically, the food/drink replicator. Cuz that would like solve most of the world's problems.

• I want a tardis :D :D sounds fucking awesome

• Its down between lightsaber and the TARDIS. I am clumsy as hell, so it wouldn't be a good idea to have a lightsaber, TARDIS it is.

• Robot Slaves!

• They'll probably go on strike, or they might turn on you though. That's assuming if they ever start to have independent thinking and become self-aware. But if they never could, then you all good! LOL Just let them do all the hard work and heavy lifting, because I know that's what I would do :-P.

• I want them all.. I am greedy

• teleporters!

• Teleporters! How fun! 👏🏽👏🏽

• Stargate! ^^

• Oh, definitely time travelling machine!

• I suppose Stargate would be the most practical.

• I want a spaceship :D

• Teleporter since I'm always late that's great :)
    Or time traveler I can change all the things I do / said bad

• Teleportation or time travel would be epic (I voted for the latter)

• I'd love to time travel.

• B and D.

• D F G :P

• Spaceshipppp!!!

• Gimme some lightsaber :P

• I'd like a teleporter, it looks amazing

• time travelling vessel
    these things all look cool !

• Gimme all.

• All, but time travel vessels

• Why not time travel vessels?

• It's impossible to travel throught time without causing time rifts and waves.

• Maybe, unless scientists find a way to absorb the waves and close the rifts.

• Force field, or invisibility would have been nice. What's stargate?

• A and F and G

• The ship. 🚀

• teleporter so i don't have to rely on buses and i can sleep in longer

• It's hard to pick between teleporter and time traveller #thestruggle

• Definitely teleporter

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 33

• Teleportation, hands down! And it would be incredibly disruptive. It would definitely change the world as we know it.

First of all, fossil fuels consumption and CO2 emissions would be way lower. No cars, no trucks, no freighters to move cargo around the globe, no planes.

We (or nature) would reclaim an incredible amount of space. Think of all the space taken by transportation infrastructure... roads, parking lots, airports, ports, all gone.

It would completely blur the borders between countries. How do you enforce immigration when you can teleport anywhere? It would render the concept of "commute" irrelevant. Who cares if you live in London and work in Beijing when you can be there instantly?

Last but not least, it would save us so much time and would help bring us closer to the people we love, so the potential to change the way relationships work is tremendous.

I hope I'm alive when they finally get it done. :D

• I have a very similar hope :P

• Wow! That'd be incredible!!!

• I'd miss my car, though. :P

• Where's the Nanomachines, son?

Anyways, I'd go with the Stargate, if I could just leave and go to a different and ideally better planet and reside there I really don't see why not? A whole new planet that's entirely stable, not compromised by the damage and harm such as from climate change and pollution like our native planet.

I forgot, but do Stargates allow travel to Parallel Universes or Alternate Dimensions, Realms, or Planes of Existences also?

Or is it just for different planets in the entire "same" universe and/or galaxy?

Having a Faster than light spacecraft and Time Machine is also ideal and appealing. As long as the whole time travel process don't result in having to arrive totally fucking butt-naked in the middle of nowhere, I don't have a problem with it.

So Either a Delorean or TARDIS, but not a quantum magnetic field generator type of time displacement like the one made by SkyNet, because I NEED my equipment (as well as the clothes that I'm wearing) with me at all times!

• Indeed, some types of Stargate are capable of opening wormholes into Parallel Universes, Alternate Dimensions & Other Realms/Planes of Existences.
      I would have put the nanomachines in the poll, but GaG polls are still limited to 7 options.

• It would entirely by my very own domain, assuming no one had already claimed it, as my goal would be just to "walk off the chessboard" completely and entirely, but that's just me. Now if somebody was up for it and had the exact or similar goal of "walking off the chessboard", then they can feel free to tag along and explore other parallel dimensions or realms with me. I wouldn't mind, could sure have a witness by my side to share my experiences, and see what I will see.

• Great idea, I agree, there should be at least 10 options for the polls.

• 1|2
  • i take the spaceship, we can use it to travel to alpha centauri. in the star system alpha centauri there are two planets in orbit around a red dwarf star, there is a planet in that star system called proxima b this planet is habitable. it is the closest habitable planet that we can travel to. the spaceship would be awesome to travel to it. the star system is 4 lightyears in distance, this means that when we use a spaceship that can travel at light speed it takes us 4 years to travel there.

• Exactly, and if the spaceship would be slightly faster than light, we could shorten the trip to only 2-3 years.

• thats true.

• A, B, D, E...

All of those definitely... there's so much out there in the universe that we'll never get to see! 😭😭😭

• Obviously lightsabers.

Also why would you want faster the light travel when hyperspace is more efficient and faster.

• How about a spacecraft/starship

• The TRANSPORTER is the most useful for me I think.

• The food and drink replicator would allow me to be the laziest out of all the options, so that wins.

• FTL, Replicator or TARDIS, it's a hard choice but those are my joint top three (FTL spaceship probably the highest though, i wanna get out there and explore)

• They already have a concept that they believe to work for a teleporter. It is with quantum entanglement. Same thing with time travel, since time slows downs when you approach the speed of light, they theorize that if you go faster than the speed of light you would go back in time.

• Teleporter or replicator - I think teleporter wins

• all of them, especially a time machine. all sci fi technologies in movies work under the same principles. a type of photon plasma energy. and if someone actually found this energy, we would have all of them.

• All except for faster than light spaceship, it needs tachyon energy. I hope we will have them all in the future.

• actually its plasma energy from antimatter that powers it, not tachyons. but you never know what and when they find the answer to make these things practical im tired of the sci-fi movies. i want it to be real.

• Me too :)

• Food and drink replicator is the best because its the only thing that won't be used for bad purposes, i. e its no harm , all other can make some real problems. I m hungry 😋

• Oh this is a tuff one. Really tuff

Cpu overheating

• Nanomachines that can be implanted in my body to increase my physical performance and let me blast things up with my mind.

• Teleporter is obviously the most practical and superior! No more commute to work, can see friends in other states instantly, and so many other possibilities. Maybe get turned into soup when it malfunctions too. :D

• Dude.. Holodeck..

• Yep, I wish GaG polls would have more options...

• Replicators would be the most useful for a layman.

• Definitely a Lightsaber.

• intergalactic space travel

• I really like the force field option.. Awesome :-)

• I want that space ship..

• Faster than light space ship.

• Lightsaber :D

• Teleportation, like the Captain Kirk

• i would love the thing rocket raccon used 2 see how much star lord is worth

• I like the idea of force field, but teleportation is also very nice.

• I like the force field, and the teleporter.

• More from Guys
    3