Do you think white people here pretend to be victims of racism whenever they become the slightest uncomfortable?

I can't count the number of times on this website where some emotional, sensitive, upset white person starts claiming someone is being racist to them when no such racist comment or statement was made. It's literately as if as soon as they begin feeling too uncomfortable or stop being affirmed and their feelings aren't assuaged, they deicide they are victims of racism.

• I am a non-white person and I have noticed this.
  • I am a non-white person and I have not noticed this.
  • I am a white person who would like to see the poll results.

Most Helpful Guy

• im a white person and i feel offended by the poll lol, there one more white person who is easily offended. really though people who are easily offended are nothing but jokes, black, white, red, pink whatever color you choose to be. there all soft and no one can just talk or make a comment.

it isn't just people either that habe this issue if you watch the news pr read a paper its sme race being offended over soome stupid thing that was portrayed in a book, paper , tv show etc. its all sickening.

people who are easily offended need to get over themselves there
    not as important as they want people to think they are by there unrelenting bull crap. that is better left out in the school yard along with there attitude.

Hey there, thanks for taking the type to type out an informative answer. My intent is not to offend you. The reasoning behind the way the poll was constructed was so that white people who are in denial about doing this or seeing it happen would not obstruct the poll results and get in the way of an accurate poll result. I've seen this happen with various types of polls where some people fit the description yet are so in denial about it and unwilling to admit it.

I get what you're saying and I respect where you're coming from but I think it's important to dissect why people are offended, rather than just disregarding it. I don't think that categorizing those people is the best route to take when addressing topics.

thats true, but i wish people really would find something better to be mad about because all the crazy things i have seen posted seems to come right of of books you read about. its silly lol.

I just wish people could get to a point of making that anger constructive or morphing it into something more useful than anger. Or even just figure out how to express their passions and frustrations without remaining and maintaining anger. I get that things can be upsetting, but we have to reach a place of calmness and rationality to actually find solutions instead of just a bunch of back and forth angry sputtering which is 98% of what I see around here when people try to honestly discuss race relations.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• As a white guy (well native but whatever) I have never in my life claimed racism. I don't claim privilege either. I do claim stigmatic stereotyping but that's because I was a intravenous drug user for years (past tense) and am a single father (currently) and identify as pansexual

Thank you for taking the time to share a bit about yourself and your experiences in relation to race.

• I don't like your efforts to segregate the answering base. This isn't the 1800's, you're being racist

Don't decide you know the intentions of someone's efforts without consulting and clarifying before hand. My effort is not to specifically segregate, but to simply not have white people who are in denial about doing this themselves or too hypersensitive to remove their emotions and rationally see when this happens to interfere with honest poll results.

Not inflammatory, just upfront. I don't waste time fixating on someone's feelings if they're not exploring the original topic and if I notice someone continues a mental habit that's acting as a roadblock in getting to the core of the matter, then I'll address it. For example, with all due respect, throughout our discussion, you have been so sensitive that you haven't even actually discussed my original topic. You've pretty much just been sitting here reiterating your feelings about the poll and not delving into the overall big picture. It's a barrier in our dialogue. I wasn't yelling, I sincerely said it with calmness yet felt the need to be firm so we could move past it.

However, now that you've revealed your only goal is to "fuck with me"; you no longer have the opportunity to be embraced and invited only so that you can waste my time with childish, emotional games.

@Outofthegrey If your only purpose here is to be antagonistic out of hyper-sensitive defense then you no longer have the opportunity to be heard and have your thoughts considered, or even be mildly welcomed on my post. You're clearly one of those hypersensitive people who cannot function like a grown adult because you are too emotional so you no longer have the opportunity to use your voice the way you did before.

• You're right, racism does exist in America and it's even legal. It's called affirmative action

• Do you think that Caucasians can ever be the victim of racism?

Yes. However, I also think that Caucasians pretend to be a victim of racism where racism is not occurring.

• I find this question racist

• smh... racist be racists. sadly most are too cowardly to own up to it.

• Whites never pretend. Unlike other races who use it as an excuse to get over..

Lol, because that's not a sweeping generalization.

• Never happened with me and don't see it being a problem on here.

• No but I think you are a dummy and your account should be removed, but since you are "Non White" i suppose you get more leeway with your racist comments.

What Girls Said 1

• Pulling the race card is done countless times by white people when they're emotionally unstable and feeling upset for no reason other than them failing to be able to achieve something they wish they could? I think you've mixed up races.

There is absolutely nothing with vast intellectual value or depth to gain from your passive aggressive answer.