Fellow Floridians are you prepared for Matthew?

Y'all ready for this hurricane? I just hope my area doesn't flood out and the power doesn't go out for more than a day max.

• Yup, got my water stacked up before people started fighting in Walmart.
  • Fuck nah, imma take chances with this storm, come at me bro!
  • Results/I don't live in Florida/Who tf is Matthew?

Most Helpful Guy

• All shuttered up and stuff secured. Now sitting in our houses not able to differentiate night from day.

Was it the Vietnam War?
      I think it stuck with me because it was my first ever hurricane. I could remember things from when I was months old lol

:) no. It was nothing to do with US as I was not a US resident or national at that age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not going to do much but i am prepared just in case. Closed the shutters and bought a couple cases of beer, im set.

What Guys Said 10

• Aren't you supposed to, you know,... evacuate?

Better safe then sorry is my motto.

If losing power is the only effect of the storm, that'll be a miracle. Floodwaters contaminate everything in these storms. Illness probably kills more then the actual flooding.

Good luck. You're going to need it. I would get out of there as soon as possible if I were you.

The evacuation zone is the coast and five miles inward. I don't live in the evacuation zone.
      And thanks... I just hope we get this overwith and done.

But where would we go? The only place I can stay is in New York because I have relatives there, and no one's got time for that lol
      I do see your point though, because that also concerns me. My school is a hurricane shelter.
      I heard that some people in the evacuation zone are actually staying... literally taking chances with that storm...

@helloitsmethere that's what people did when Katrina hit. Some couldn't leave and some chose not to. Many lost their lives. It was easier to stay so they stayed. And sacrificed their lives in the process.

If the evacuation zone expands to your area, evacuate. You've got time for that. If not, it's risky but I suppose you could stay.

• I'm lucky I don't live anywhere near there. But if I did I better have the right insurance plan or something.

lol we do have insurance on the house, ofc xD

Good, you'll need it, and they better cover a big amount of $$$ for any and all damages that this hurricane is going to cause to your house, should it cause any. I remember that some insurance plans don't cover natural disasters, they're the worst I have to say. Maybe I'm wrong.

• i hate American storms, they always blow over here to the UK and give us really bad amounts of rain. best of luck though, stay safe

• I have been watching it on news - I hope it is not too bad, fingers crossed and all that (Forgot to say I am Irish not in storm area)

I'm kinda starting to be a bit worried because it's hot af and calm right now.
      Growing up in the Caribbean, I ALWAYS know that's a sign that it's gonna hit hard.
      The last time I ever experienced a Category 4 hurricane was 2004 (I was only 4 years old) when Ivan hit Jamaica... caused a lot of flooding.

I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing how you are doing tomorrow - Seriously if you get scared or anything or just want to chat to take your mind of it, you can message me here.

Thank you

• Yeah I've got my beer.

Last time a cat 4 skirted the coast I lost power for 2 weeks and it was farther off the coast...

I got my Malta lol
      2 weeks? oh helll nahh...

Yep, that's what happened last time. I'm pretty far south so I might get lucky this time around, but there are already over 10,000 homes without power across the tri-county area and it still well off the coast.

• I live near Orlando. I'm not overly concerned. If I lose power for a day, I'll live. My roof has a tarp on it because it leaks and was getting fixed next week. Hopefully that prevents water from getting in the house.

Best of luck though, I live somewhat near the coast.

Yes, you do. Get as much water that can last up to a week. In my area, the water was sold out in stores for a while since some people decided to evacuate (and it's not really an evacuation zone lol).

I have family that lives close by that will probably prepare better than me. I'm not too worried, but maybe I should be. It will suck when my phone dies.

• couple of guys I work with have flown out from UK today.. bad timing

• Yea I'm coming, get ready

• The Bible says in Matthew 6:30 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own."

• y'all bout to get y'all ass kicked

What Girls Said 11

• I am not even from the USA but I feel terrified with you guys about this upcoming hurricane (we call ours typhoons). Floods suck. Landslides are treacherous. The rain will last as long as a week.

I just want to let you know to keep safe at all times. Some safety measures: (1) Evacuate when necessary; don't even think about going against this way of safety ('coz this is somewhat prevalent here). (2) Always stay tuned with the latest weather forecast. Stay safe, people!

Those monstrosities in the likes of Hurricane Matthew will dissipate in a few days and will always destroy the entirety out of our provinces (or states, in your case). The world is always included in my prayers to safety and survival.

• I'm gonna be on a group field trip to Cape Cod when it makes it up here (if it makes it up here) so I'm ready... to shepherd a bunch of kids inside, watch it rain hard, blow shit around and potentially generate thunder and lightning, and potentially wind up attached to my supervisor's leg, shaking (anxiety involving thunder and lightning and natural disasters

• We got hit already in Jax and it was pretty bad but I'm gonna fucking take this storm down.

• I live in Naples, FL and most people aren't worried about it for some reason, but now I am 😳

• I think my sister is prepared.

I hope she is. Better get those shutters on those windows.

She's closer to the western side of Florida and above Orlando. If what the tracking says is true then it shouldn't be too bad hopefully.

yeah she is going to get tropical storm winds... it won't be bad for her

• When does that happen? We just got a break from being flooded.

• heard about hurricane masshu on the news

• My boyfriend is down there right now. Praying for him and all of you.

• Who's mathew? and why is he coming to Florida? <:c y everybody so mean to mathew?

• Hurricane coming and I have work tomorrow... smh 😑

Why do you have work tomorrow? Aren't they supposed to cancel school and work from today?

So far I haven't heard anything. Hopefully tomorrow that'll change 😕

In South and Central Florida on the eastern coast they should have warned you already...

• who the fuck is Matthew? lol I really didn't knew