Second guessing yourself?

Before doing something new, out of your comfort zone, have you ever had doubts whether you want to do it or not? Or that it won't meet your expectation?

I'm taking a trip soon. My first solo trip. I used to be so excited thinking about it. But as the date draws closer I keep wondering if the goals or feelings I want to capture from this trip will even be met. In my minds eye I just see it going two ways. Either a) it will be a wondrous thing for my life; or b) the biggest mistake of the year. No in between. So scary because I can't back out now.

Most Helpful Girl

• YES. I do this with everything, big or small. My line of thinking always falls on one side of the spectrum, or the other, like you said.
    I'm sure if I were taking a trip, especially by myself, I would be hesitant. But I'm sure you'll love it, it sounds like a great opportunity! I suggest you plan out a list of activities you want to do, things you want to see, etc. If you start to plan it out, you'll probably get more into the idea of it. And in the end, just try to make yourself go if you really think you might regret it. Despite my young age, I've missed out on so many opportunities because of all of this.

Thank you for MHG! :)
      *I meant to say if you think you might regret not going
      Hope that it all works out for you!

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes you just need to sit down , have a cup of coffee and go.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a323350dd2.jpg

• I think those feelings are normal
    You just gotta trust your gut and not worry about it too much. If you get anxious you won't enjoy your trip

that's always been a struggle since i suffer from anxiety. everyone who has met me says i have trouble relaxing.

I am sorry to hear that, my brother has chronic anxiety, its very difficult to deal with.

There is nothing you can do now, but let life take over, whatever happens, happens :)
      if it helps drink a glass of wine lol!

What Girls Said 3

• Oh, for sure. I go through the what ifs and whether or not I should do it, whatever it may be, haha.

• Yea. I have a lot of anxiety because of my depression and whenever I'm doing something new I begin to freak out and have an anxiety attack. It's the worse feeling ever

• Be confident