Does the father have the legal right to know when the baby has been born?

does the father have the legal right to know when the baby has been born or know when the mother is in labor or see the baby in the hospital with without the mother consenting to him knowing or seeing the baby

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't comment on LEGAL. Especially given every country is different.
    But MORAL - definitely.

No bitch (or dick) has the right to decide 100% of the decisions of a baby. It's half egg, half sperm. You both either made the mistake or made the effort. (This is for the majority, and not including the obvious other cases).

You tell the father when you get pregnant. You discuss what you want to do with it. You make joint decisions. And yes, the hospital or someone should call the father (if he's not there) when you start labour. As far as I"m concerned it is not a short process. Even for quick births, the time between when your water breaks and baby is coming is more than a few seconds and surely someone could've gotten on a phone.

WHY would you NOT tell the FATHER? Why should he trust you in the future with any sort of news...

he use to beat me and he cheated on me plus takes drugs so when i found out i was pregnant i left but i told him i was pregnant as the child has a right to know its father but i do not want him anywhere near me but if he was nice and a normal man i would have him in the room for the birth and everything and do the joint decisions plus put him on the birth certificate which here in the uk would give him equal rights and say as me to the baby but he is not normal

Then ask what is good reason and get it.
      Ask your brother for help here too.
      You have texts from him about taking the baby away. If you have any photos or witnesses from the abuse that'd be helpful. But a court is right, if there's no evidence it is unfair to refuse a man access because a woman SAYS. So of course it's not going to be easy.

i have texts and doctors notes saying i was beaten and my brother has cope roports but still they say no

What Guys Said 7

• Women like this are a big part of why I'm snipped, and why I tell other men "Don't get married, don't live with a woman, and DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE CHILDREN WITH A WOMAN".

oh thanks well im pregnant and i am not tell the father when i go into labor

• At least in India , fathers are the ones who who take their wives for regular check ups and to the delivery hospital when the baby is born..

• Considering the father is legally obligated to pay child support, they better damn know

but i was aking as in does the mother have to legally tell him or let him see the baby in the hospital

• A husband yes to some of that. An unmarried father without any way to prove paternity no.

i do not even think he has the legal righ to know even they he is the husband due to privacy laws and i have a friend who stopped her husband being in the delivery room and seeing their son in the hospital as she is was the patient so they could not legally tell the husband anything and he did not even know his son was for born for 2 weeks

As i said, yes for some of that. He could have seen his son if he had had legal representation.

true but not on the day he is born

• i think they do and if they dont they should.

• If they find out they are a father of your baby, they can get custody, of the child.

what do you mean

Nope, he shouldn't have rights if he did what you said. Those details changes it completely.

so what do you think i should do

• He should.

What Girls Said 2

• Legal answer - I don't think it's a legal obligation, though where you live might have different laws. https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/putative.pdf

My personal opinion - As long as he doesn't have a record of physically or mentally harming the mother. Other wise I would think he would have every right to know since it is his kid as well.

oh if i say he cannot see the baby in the hospital then he cannot see her

Pretty sure you can do that and let the hospital know that he's not allowed any where near y'all.

that is all i wanted to know i just wanted to know where he legally stands and im in the uk if that helps

• If he's a good man he has all the right to know about/see his child. It takes more than one to make a baby.

i was talking legally

Yes he does legally if there's no restraining order against him or something.