Why is America still so racist?

It's 2016, for Pete's sake.

Black people still get shot and racially profiled, to the point that they have to vocally announce that their lives matter and that they are not all criminals.
Hispanics are seen as illegals, gangsters, and lazy moochers.
Muslims are automatically terrorists because 9/11. And Indians are also terrorists, because they both wear turbans, right?
Asian girls are sex objects and shouldn't be with Asian guys, because Asian guys (aka me) are ugly, nerdy, quiet, and supposedly not as good as White men. Oh, and the small dick thing. Because that's everyone's go-to (how would they know?)
And white people are supposedly inherently racist, incest-practicing douchebags who are born with a silver spoon in their mouths, and everyone should hate them because, well, they're racist and privileged. Supposedly.

Why can't we all just get along - we all bleed red.

Most Helpful Girl

• The honest truth: America is still so racist because it was only about fifty years ago that white people stopped living their day to day lives in a culture that was rooted in racial hatred and racial separation. We must be realistic about the fact that racial hatred, racial discrimination, racial bias, and overall racism literately set the framework for the daily lives of white Americans for over four centuries. I love my white people, but honestly it's like they cannot stop having some sort of issue with people who are different from them racially and it has always been this way since they met the Native Americans and brought Africans over here after lynching Mexicans and kicking them out. I don't hate white people but the more I am educated on race and the history of our now present racial tension: White America created it by trying to convince every other group that they were superior for centuries. Our modern society probably wouldn't be like this had they not treated minorities the way they did for so long.

It's really frustrating and disheartening. I'm so sick of not being at the finish line when it comes to this nonsense.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree America is racists but it's nothing compared to East Asia, Middle East, and Latin America.

As for the stuff you said yeah it's true damn true. Basically people with an advantage don't want to give up their advantage even if it's just a little bit. So when ever people call them out and say hey what your doing is racists/unfair. Well they do things to make you shut up.

Like what you said about Asian males if you say it too much how do people react to it? I think the fight for a more equal society with less racism is a long work in progress. It takes time and patience a lot of it how we perceive people. The most you can do is educate people to be a little more tolerant and of course prevent self hate. I think that's why you have some black men (Sotamayor) that absolutely hate black women and some Asian women that just bash the hell out of Asian men. But with all that said most black men marry black women and Asian women marry Asian men. I think some people just want stay in control so they won't give up any privileges they have without a fight.

What Girls Said 6

• Because people want to say racism is over and now people who complain about racism are just too sensitive. media.tenor.co/.../raw

• I don't think the USA is as racist as everyone thinks it is. We have freedom of speech, even for minorities, so they're allowed to tell the media about discrimination. (Which I think is a good thing.) While minorities in other countries who disagree with the majority get killed. Therefore less people in those countries speak out.

America wouldn't be racist anymore if all races agreed to stop pulling the race card or putting the other guy down. Until then, people are going to get defensive on both sides.

• Like, Indians are dirty, perverted HB-1 job stealing cheats. I mean if you're going to criticize, at least get our racism right...

😂😂😂 ;)

• diverse community, cultural habits, stereotypes, and yeah I'm pretty sure the political presidential election and debates going on

• America is still racist because people believe stereotypes... And we can't "unalive" racist asshats.

• It's sad that there are still the KKK and Neo-Nazis

What Guys Said 12

• I don't think America is racist. Out of a population of 330,000,000 people it's only a handful of cases that make people think it's commonplace and it isn't. We also have a two term black president that couldn't have gotten elected unless a whole bunch of whites voted for him twice. That doesn't sound like a racist country to me

Yeah we are a massive country, people like to forget that and its not like we've seen some fucked up shit coming out of Europe of late,, oh wait

• I wasn't sure, when I first started reading, but unlike some ignorant idiot, that blocked my reply, admitting that she didn't read it all, I DID READ ALL OF YOURS!!!
    Thank you for positng that!! Why can't we just get along?
    NOT every white person is a racist, or every cop, out, looking to kill a black person!!
    Living here is the best of any place!! Where else can you meet peole from LITERALLY EVERYWHERE, and get to know them, and call them FRIEND?
    I think that there is racism, among the ignorant. Sexism, among Mysoginists, and so on.
    I have A LOT of friends, from many places, with many beliefs. We don't see 'color' or 'religion' or 'gender'. WE CHOOSE TO SEE OUR FRIENDS.
    "Racism" and "bias" can only end, when people start to see PEOPLE and not skin color, or religion, or beliefs. . .

• I agree totally with last line

• Fuck you! I bleed fuschia!

• Sadly as long as many different cultures and races live together, there will always be discrimination and racism, it's sad.

• This country is not a racist as people say it is.

• Actually, there is not as much racism as most people think.

• I suggest you watch some Ben Sharpio my friend...

• social conditioning

• people are taught racism. as soon as it stops being taught, the quicker it will stop

• For "Pete's" sake? So Jamal's sake doesn't matter to you does it?
    Racist

• I'm wondering why people say white people are the majority. I see 5 black/Hispanic people for every white person. It seems that way anyway.