A 17 year old girl kissed me (i'm 25) can I get in trouble with the law? I live in the US by the way?

This girl I know at work has a crush on me. She acks nervous and awkward sometimes. Once when we were alone I told her "your a sweet beautiful girl, you sould have all the confidence in the world, you don't need to be shy. Then out of appreciation she huged me and kissed me on the lips, then she rubbed her forehead against mine and said "thank you, I really like you, i'd like to date you" I forgot she was a minor for a second.
Could I get in a lot of trouble for this?
Honestly I am attracted to this girl and would date her when she is legal but i'm scared that I may go to jail if anyone found out about her kissing me. I'm worried if people saw us together they would call the police. I'm worried people with think i'm a bad person trying to use her.

Most Helpful Girl

• No lmao it's okay
    You're just being paranoid

Most Helpful Guy

• The kiss is fine, but don't do it too often. Avoid sex, just out of principle. See if she's someone worth marrying first. Also, limit alone time with her to keep from being tempted - and to always have an alibi or character witness handy in case anyone wants to speculate that the two of you are sleeping together. This way, it'll be harder for anyone to accuse.

Once she's 18, however, the two of you can kiss wherever. Just be respectful of whatever else is going on. Be very mindful of her parents especially, and make it your goal to win them over and make them your allies.

If her parents become your allies, then accusers will have hell to pay for badmouthing the two of you. Though... do limit romantic interaction in the workplace, as that can create problems for other reasons If the two of you get married, she may want to consider being in a different department or leaving work altogether. That way, you aren't brining home the same drama of the same workplace.

Because my one uncle found out the hard way when his wife tried to work in the same office as him that it's not healthy to be taking work disputes home if you work at the same office. It means there's no escape from the workplace drama..

What Girls Said 4

• Move to Scotland. The age of consent is 16 here. Besides, it's a nicer place, the people are friendly and there's always the Loch Ness Monster to go and talk to.

Does sound like a nice place, they don't sound as uptight there😊

• Wait until she is 18 to hook up. ;) But yes, that is bad because she is underage.. makes you look bad, but hey, everyone makes mistakes.

• She's 17, wait until she's 18 and ask her out. Problem solved. :)

• You're going to jail bub.

What Guys Said 15

• Dude, it's just a kiss. Unless they can prove somehow you two had intercourse or something then that could be illegal because of the "legal age of consent laws" and if they aren't of legal age then it would be "statutory rape".

If no actual sexual activity had actually ever occurred, then you're fine.

No need be completely paranoid about it.

• It's just a kiss. No problem.

16 is legal in most states in the US. A handful it's 17, and only a couple barbaric hellholes like Commiefornia have 18.

• I don't live in the US and where I live you wouldn't face trouble but... I think that what the law forbids is sex and not kissing. So I think that you're okay.

• You're fine, it may not be socially accepted as well but nothing illegal. The FBI won't burst through your windows.

• No not for kissing if I recall. Wait till she's 18 if you want to take her on a date though.

• Look up what the age of consent is in your state.

• As long as you two didn't have whoopee or a sexual activity you should be fine, check your states age of consent laws

• No. you could probably even have sex with her depending on your state, but if she sends you a nude you're a goner.

• It's not illegal to kiss.

• You kissed you didn't do anything sexual calm down.

• HIGH FIVE BRO

• so what you are asking is if you can get in trouble for kissing someone
    what.

• What state?

Pennsylvania.

The age of consent in PA is 16, so no, you should be in no legal trouble as long as you aren't in any position of authority over her. I'll leave the moral issue to further discussion.

Okay cool thanks.

• You're goin to jail, son.

• 17 is age of consent in most states and it was just a kiss, not a sexual act

Just look up your local laws and also make sure she always has her ID in case it does look suspicious to someone if you plan on dating her