When it comes to making decisions do you rely on your logic or feelings?

For example living in the UK is more financially secure for you, it has everything you need. etc. but living in Spain would make you happier and at peace. When it comes down to it, one relies on logic and the other relies on feelings. Which do you find as important?

There's another example when it comes to relationships, as though as most people obviously rely on their feelings, some assume logic is what's going to help the relationship last ( you can share your opinion about that too).

• Logic is important. When it comes to making decisions do you rely on your logic or feelings?
  • Feelings are important. When it comes to making decisions do you rely on your logic or feelings?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use my intuition which would mean feelings, but my intuition generally gives logical results.

Hmm that's interesting, do you think it's a good idea for someone to always rely on their intuition?

My intuition tells me if a decision is wrong. So if I ignore the bad decisions, I end up doing the right thing that works best.

Usually, when people isolate themselves a lot or often take retreats have strong intuition. You could either be born with it or had developed it through time. I used to scoff at people who tell me they're like that until eventually I actually began to realize how realistic it can be, some people would call what you're saying is luck, but like you mentioned, I believe its intuition at it's best.

Most Helpful Girl

• this topic is something i have huge issue with... i mean what does logic exactly mean or rationality? And what exactly are feelings? values? hunches? intuition? dumstep your heart does when in love? urges?
    I mean people say they are rational, mostly guys but you cannot actually make good decisions in life for being emotionless. You have to consider feels for purpose of values. I'd say I use logic that takes feelings into consideration. Eg. i the goal in life for every person is to feel good and you should think in that direction. If loving relationship will make you feel better than becoming manager then the logical thing to decide for is relationship. If the lover in your life doesn't make you that satisfied and you have financial issues than career might be logical choice for your etc.

Logic is something that will keep you safe, but emotions are something that'll make you happy. I view as one being in a standstill, while the other taking a leap of faith. Logic won't hurt our outcome physically, but it sure does emotionally. Feelings and logic are often two things that need to be blend in like you mentioned, either extreme can make us ruthless or fragile.

Yes, that very true. A good example would be logically you should leave an abusive relationship, while emotionally you may love them. I can see where you are coming from. I see relationships as something that should be taken logically and emotionally, but sometimes decisions like where to live, which job to partake can result in a standstill and things being safe or taking a leap of faith. A person fails quite a few times before establishing his business, he can be logical by not doing it to save his money through not losing it in case it doesn't go well, but he can also take a leap of faith that it might come out as a success and he'd be happy.

personaly I make decisions based on values-things I find important and feel and belive will make me happy... then I try to reasn out everything and be logical and smart about it. Eg. I find love to be most important and most fullfiling yet I will not stand for partner that doesn't treat me right no matter how much I am attracted to him and how much it hurts to stay away cause bottom line I know he is not good for me and there is no happiness for me. But I would bever give up on love no matter how many bad experiences I get cause I know that is the only real chance I have for happiness. As of living in another place, in my experience it's usually always that place A has something that place B doesn't and B that A doesn't. So you need to consider without which you could go without, but also taking into consideration problems when moving like new people, place, lifestyle, hardship of crastic change etc...

What Guys Said 19

• I at least try to always come to my heart first.

Every reaction uses the mind, heart, and body. The question is simply in what order? (which can include any more than once)
    Let's say I saw a kid being teased by a bigger kid. One reaction could be simply running up and smacking the bully in the face, then think about what I did and wonder in my heart if it was the right thing to do. (body, mind, heart) My reaction would probably be much different. I would feel it was wrong to do nothing, think of the best way to stop him, then act upon my decision, and try to figure if it was right. (heart, mind, body, heart) I try to always react first with my heart, and then mind before anything else.

Thanks for reading. Does it make sense? What do you think?

No, that actually makes a lot of sense. I can understand your point of view, and I do agree with it. Usually, we all have three reactions coming out of us, which is mental, psychical and emotional. Some people have one of those traits stronger and others weaker.

I love growing mentally, and find learning pretty fun sometimes. However, my epilepsy is making it insanely difficult to remember things. I can forget a persons name seconds after hearing it, and their face just as fast when we part. I can't even keep track of my relatives aside from my direct family and grandparents. I feel I'd have potential to be extremely smart if not for my memory issues...

As for my physical trait, there's hardly anything to say. I'm weak and feel I'm getting really fat...

I've always been very strong emotionally, aside from sometimes having a short temper. (I always forgive and apologize as soon as I calm down, though.) I always enjoy helping others. Especially women. (I find both genders perfectly equal. I simply like the feel of helping them more, being attended to them in so very many ways.)

What do you think? 🙂

• I almost purely function with logic in mind. However, I'm perfectly fine doing things for the sake of my own happiness even if it doesn't make the most logical sense at the time.

• A combinaiton of both works best.

• I am a very logical person and I am completely ruled by head. Hence I always use my logic to take my decisions.

• I am very logical which is great but I over logic which strips the fun and spontaneous element out of things

That's a common factor that happens, I can understand

• I use both.

• 1|0

Are you saying we should rely on fate?

just answer the best you can

and yes noah

• Logic, without any doubt, has priority over feelings for me.

• You know what the economy is like there dont you?

• My feelings generally result in logical actions

• They're BOTH important.

I am fully aware of that x) all I am saying is that which do you rely on most

On purpose or not? That makes a big difference. XD

• Logic, moderated by feelings.

• a bit of both.

• They're both important but there isn't an option for that

• it is hard to define that u depands on feelings or logic cuz it depands on many things like situation/person etc... and some study also suggest that taking decision with feelings is more truthful than logic in life anyway it is hard to choose one logical response

• my brain kicks the shit out of my heart/feelings all the time

• I rely on both

• I always follow feelings. I want to feel well inside.

What Girls Said 6

• I use both. Sometimes feelings can inhibit your mind. When I'm making a decision I use my own perception of the situation and my intuition to guide me.

• Logic. Sometimes the heart takes you nowhere

Valid point, even the heart which breeds our feelings can be very deceptive , so it's better we use logical reasoning and actions to validate our feelings

• Feelings mostly

• I usually go with my feelings

• I think because relationships are such an emotional experience, it is very important to make logical decisions. But when it comes to where you live, I believe your home should be the place where you are at peace and can relax... Sure financial stability is important, but we need a place where we can switch off and just be happy.

• Logic, unless feelings have overtaken me so much that I can't even think logically.

That can be a huge downfall when it overtakes

It's the worst.