What do you do when you're out of toilet paper in a public bathroom?

There are no paper towels.
Worse case scenario, you took a dump.

• Use my hand as toilet paper.
  • Take off my draws and use it as toilet paper.
  • Do not wipe and just pull my pants and underwear up.
  • Wait for someone to arrive and yell out, "Do you have any toilet paper or something I can wipe with?"

Most Helpful Guy

• Happened to me once in a restaurant. I leaned my head out the door and screamed for the whole restaurant to hear, "Hey! The bathroom is out of toilet paper!" Moments later a manager came and handed me a roll, apologizing profusely, and offering me a discount on my meal. I took the roll, slammed the door, finished up, and walked out without paying. Manager offered me a whole booklet of coupons, and I said, "Put it in the bathroom for the next customer to use." I don't always have great comebacks, but I was proud of that one.

What Guys Said 63

• I get up without lifting my pants and move to another stall if it's a small and empty bathroom. If there are others around I would ask someone (another person did that a few days ago). Else, I always wear socks and boxers. Just flush them when I'm done.

• Girls poop? 😳

In an emergency, use your panties as toilet paper, throw them out, and go commando. You don't want to be caught waddling to the next stall, do you?

• This is personally why I don't use the public bathroom for #2!!! Never have and never will. Have had so many close accidents because of this though lol.

I'd imagine I'd have my cell phone with me though, so I can call the store I'm in an have them replenish while I'm there lol. If not I... GUESS, I'd have to *sigh* pull up my pants and rush home unclean.
    Ewwwe, yuck, yuck.

• DUH!! I check that, before going into that one!!

• mother nature (or God, if you like this better) gave me a brain to use it. And I like doing so and check first if there is toilet paper

• Thankfully I have never had to shit at a public restroom. I guess if I was in that scenario I would wait until I get home to wipe. Unless it was emmergency I would probably just not shit in the first place if I noticed that there wasn't any toilet paper in the stall.

Or, upon noticing that there isn't any toilet paper I could tell someone who works there that they are out of toilet paper and then take my shit after they have remedied the situation.

• Toilet paper!. That is a disgusting and the most unhealthy way to clean yourself after using the bathroom.

I never use toilet paper to clean myself. Never.

The hell do you use then? Not wiping is disgusting.

I guess? The whole thing of having a jet of water wierds me out but that's just cultural differences I guess.

I assumed you must use something else, but from the amount of guys in this comment section saying they use nothing... yeah. You can see where I'm coming from.

@BaileyisDarcy

Yes, you are actually, it's cultural differences and differences in bathroom habit also. In India as the thought of toiler paper disgusts us, the opposite is in US, if you mention the word washing using water over there, they will automatically find it disgusting, I think it's just natural. India and US are opposites in bathroom habits.

Just as you said using hand held bidet weirds you out. Yes, I know that was not your fault, I should have been clear in my first opinion itself.

• Pull up my underwear and just go. What's the worst that could come from that? Just gonna wash them when I get home.

• No stalls have toilet paper or just the one I'm in? If other stalls have some I'd just walk out butt naked to another stall.

If that's not a possibility then I'd use my boxer shorts then, wash my hands extensively, and just go commando the rest of the day.

• I'd first flush the toilet. Then I'd use my hand and the water in the bowl to try and clean ass as best as I can. Then wash my hands in the sink really really good. Idc if there is no paper towels I can live with a clean wet hands for awhile. They'll dry.

• i always check before i go to make sure there is enough tp in the stall. otherwise i don't go

• If I should ever by chance meet you, remind me not to shake your hand.

• If there are no toilet covers... I'd prolly use my underwear as T. P., wipe and wash up, and throw them away. Going commando the rest of the day.

• I am paranoid about something like that - I have a pre dump routine which includes checking for presence of toilet paper anyway I nearly always have a packet of travel tissues on me.

• I usually try to check first (it actually saved me from this exact scenario once) but I don't always remember to.

I've used the cardboard roll it comes on before.

Most of the time I have a napkin or at least a note pad with me I could use.

Assuming neither above option is viable, I'd wait until everyone else was gone and check all other stalls.

Still nothing, I'd probably pull pants and underwear up, and go seek out another bathroom.

• We use water as essential and dry our ass out with tissues but we don't just use tissues sooooo perks of being Arabian 😎😂

• Probably knock on the stall next to me ask for some toilet paper.

Though I always look to see if there is toilet paper in the stall before using it.

• If you have been defecating then this causes untold stress and fear , I wait to hear another cubicle open half pull up pants and slink into next cubicle to complete the transaction.

• Paper handkerchiefs would be a good solution for the problem.

• When traveling I usually have some toilet paper or at least a newspaper.

• If no one is there then I would quickly move to the next cubicle for toilet paper. If someone is there then I would ask them to get me some

All of the stalls are empty.

In that case I would say "fuck it" and go home quickly before too many people notice and take a shower.

• Ah lol or I could just go out of the stalls and use the hand wipe paper towels used to dry your hands as toilet paper.

• Wait until there's no one in the bathroom. Switch stalls or grab some paper towels with my pants down with haste.

• I ALWAYS check before I sit. I'd rather chance shitting myself on the way home than shit in public with no TP.

• I never used a toilet paper

You don't use toilet paper? Where on earth do you live? :/😳

Poor you.
      Well, she has moved on, too. ㅠ. ㅠ

@JoyGirl πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘…

• I would use the toilet roll tubes if there weren't any toilet paper. Then going to the other toilet cubicles and fix the remaining there.

• I always check beforehand.

Whether I had or hadn't checked though, I'd just grab some from another stall.
    Or I would grab some paper towels from near the sink.

• I have my

• Spit on my hand and get a good glob of shit on it. Then proceed to eat it because that's the alpha thing to do.

• I honestly check for toilet paper first and THEN do my thing

• More from Guys
    33

What Girls Said 40

• My husband and I -- and our 2 older kids (and our youngest kid, soon enough) -- ALWAYS carry AT LEAST one of these:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2106560-we-know-you-like-tall-men-how-tall-need-they-be-relative-to-your

(... or the equivalent, in a ziploc bag)

You should, too.

Honestly, I don't understand how people can even feel fully clean using just dry toilet paper. Eeeeeecchh.

Seriously, people. Try "cleaning" yourself after #2 using just dry toilet paper... and THEN use one of these wipes... and see if you'll EVER be satisfied using just dry toilet paper again. Fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• I carry baby wipes with me and keep a box on my bathroom sink. I haven't looked back since, but I do keep some "adult" TP on hand for company who refuses to use baby wipes. While I'm meticulous with my use of baby wipes, I try to limit my bathroom time to before I shower to make sure I'm thoroughly clean.

But if I'm in public and I've run out of or forgotten my baby wipes and there's no inferior toilet paper I take advantage of my morbid obesity. The fat will actually protect the panties until I can get to another restroom to wipe.

• This has never happened to me. The first thing I do when I enter into a public restroom is check if it's nasty, then go to another stall if it is, and second check to see that there is plenty of toilet paper. Makes sense to me...

• I would never go #2 in a public bathroom.

If I peed I would just shake it off as best I could

media.giphy.com/media/otXcIbXHIxlNS/giphy.gif

No shame in my game

• What do you do when you're out of toilet paper in a public bathroom?
    E. Use the baby wipes I always keep in my purse.

I never go to the bathroom without my purse.

• I've used a pad before... Usually I'll dog through my purse for tissues or bits of trash I can use. That gets the worst of so I can pull my pants up and waddle to the next stall lol

• I always have baby wipes in whatever purse I'm carrying. I would only poop in a public restroom if it was like an emergency because I don't ever sit on the seat. I never ever use a gross looking restroom, if it's clean it's likely to have an adequate paper supply!

• That is why I always carry my own tissues/napkins with me. Always be prepared and tell the front desk to have somebody refill the toilet paper.

• Shake what I can and then pull my pants and underwear up just enough so they're not touching anything but I am coveted and can run into the next stall over to wipe.

Fortunately, I usually have some tissues or at least panty liners in my purse so I can use that.

• I don't Poo in public restrooms.

• Use the empty toilet paper roll. Or hankerchiefs, which I usually have in my bag. Or wait for someone to come. But I never took a dump before checking for paper anyway

• See if someone is there to loan some.
    Next check for tissues or a pad in my purse.
    Last resort use my panties and go commando for the rest of the night.

• Lmao, my best friend had to take of his socks once for this exact reason (he goes commando!)

• Reach for the seat covers.

• Two things to always check before using a toilet: soap and paper.

• I'd wait a few minutes before totally panicking, then I'd be one sock short.

• seriously, sometimes I use my hand and then rush to the sink and wash it for ten minutes

• This never happens to me because I check the toilet paper before sitting down.

• Hope someone will give you some.

• If there's no one next to me then I try to grab some from the next stall while still sitting on the toilet lol or ask the person if there is someone next to me lol. No way I'm walking out the bathroom like that

• Well I'd pick my pants back up and then go into another stall and wipe my ass there lmao. Or just wait till I get home to shit. Anyway, I don't use the bathroom if there's no toilet paper.

• I always wipe the seat with loo role first, which is good because it allows me to check whether there's enough there.

• I generally won't use a toilet unless there is toilet paper in it.

What if you are absolutely desperate and there are no other toilets around and you are seconds away from shiting yourself?

The only toilet around has no paper.

What do you do?

@BaileyisDarcy in that case I'll just wait for someone to give me toilet paper. Last option.

• use toilet seat covers as wipes

• Ask if someone has tp next to me

• I usually wait for everyone to leave, then I move to the next stall. ☺

• Take off a sock

• I just pull up my pants and leave

• Crawl under the next stall real quick and get the toilet paper.

• Gross no, I use the baby wipes that are within reach from me

• More from Girls
    10