Have you ever been offered a ride home by the police 👮🏼🚓?

This legit just happened to me as I was on my way home from IKEA haha
I was carrying this super heavy chair I had bought and a police car passing slowed down next to me. I was afraid of them accusing me of something so I yelled "I swear I didn't steal this!" But it turned out they just saw me struggling to carry it, which I really was, and offered to give me a ride home because they had nothing else to do 😂 They drove me all the way to my apartment in the politie car! Dutch cops are so nice 😌

Most Helpful Guy

• No the only time I've ever been in a patrol car is when I was pulled over for 70 in a 55 at night. It was winter time, he told me to get out and leave my car running so it would stay warm. Patted me down and asked me to come back with him and sit in the car while he wrote the ticket. He said he was going to write a warning but 15 over was just to much, he said if it been something like 9 he could. He said I also I noticed you had a radar detector too, didn't help you did it? I had your speed before it probably ever went off. When you go up to court next month, don't mention you had that. They don't like hearing about radar detectors

Most Helpful Girl

• One time I was in a busted state of mind and out walking in the snow at like 3 AM. A cop stopped me and asked me what kind of drugs I had been doing.

I insisted I hadn't been doing any.. cuz I hadn't. He said if I kept lying he wouldn't give me a ride home. Anyway when he found out I was 17, he called my grandma and gave me a ride.

He was a douche tho.

What did he do that made you think he was a douche?

Urgh that's annoying, I'm glad you're better now

Mee too! I'm glad he gave me a ride tho cuz I was like 5 miles from home and it was freezing out.

What Guys Said 24

• I've been offered rides by em a couple times, but never home.

• Well not exactly a ride home but I did got a ride downtown.
    It was rather cramped in the backseat. I think it's designed for midgets.
    http://i.imgur.com/0VmmDPV.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7gK6Mev.jpg

Haha I can't say that about the police car I was in, but then again it's Amsterdam and the Dutch are one of the tallest people in the world so stuff designed for midgets wouldn't work here at all

I wouldn't doubt it one bit XD
      The only way a Dutch would be able to fit in the police car I was in , which wasn't even a car , it's a full blown SUV , the only way they'll be able to fit in is if they're strapped to the roof like Mr Bean.
      i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...e-a-174_1441364668851.jpg

Hahahahaha quite possibly

• @Jxpxtxr
    I take it you aren't black in the US? This guy got a ride in the back of a police van and didn't survive it:
    www.theguardian.com/.../baltimore-freddie-gray-death
    www.baltimoresun.com/.../...ns-20160727-story.html

Omg really now.. This shit again?

Well , my wife and I got a free ride in the back of a Mexican Army jeep, somewhere in Yucatan.
      We had missed the local bus going to a Maya ruin. Those guys were nice.

• I can't remember if they offered or I asked, but yes. I did get a ride from the police to a class. I was on my way to school one wintery day and I ended up spinning out into the ditch. Thankfully, I didn't hit anyone and I wasn't hurt. It could have been a lot worse.

• No
    Never would get in one either
    What if I get in and they get a call about some psychopath
    Shooting everything up and they have no time to drop me off home
    That's giving me 3d action to a movie 8 really don't wanna see I'd rather jump out the car

• Ah the luxuries of being a woman lol. Nope, never happens to me but that was nice of them to do that for sure.

I actually know some male friends who were offered rides home by them when it was cold in winter and they were struggling too

Awesome!

Yeah so it's not really about the "luxuries of being a woman"

• Psh. Police aren't nice... didn't you know that they are randomly shooting unarmed citizens for no reason? This must be a lie!

• Ya I have was in Calgary got my car stolen and then gave me a ride home after filling out the report.

• Personally, no. I remember when I was 16 I drove my grandparents to the doctor and an elderly woman couldn't find a ride home from the doctor, so the office called the police and they took her home. It was a small town and the cops didn't have anything going on.

• You were carrying a chair casually on the streets and didn't get jumped?

It was packed obviously. That's what IKEA is all about, you buy DIY stuff

• Being a civilian , I have moved around on Police Motor Cycles , Cars , Jeeps , and Buses. People related to me work in Police Department. So I used to have easy access to move around in their vehicles.

• how come you're not allowing anonymous answers for this? it seems like you wouldn't need to do this for this question

but, no, i haven't. im a guy

Because haters, which also happen to be cowards, would love the option to insult me in any imaginable way even if it's completely unrelated to the question and I'm not gonna bother with that shit anymore. You either gotta have the guts to be up front if you have a problem with me or you can fuck all the way off. 😪

eh, women generally do have it better

anyway, i won't be replying to your questions anymore. i find it unfair to not allow anonymous answers, or even private ones. it's one thing to not allow anonymous, but, private too?

• Well I got escorted home when I got caught breaking the restrictions on my license.
    Not quite the same lol

• Yes, when I was a kid.

• That's great :)
    Yeah I was given a ride home with my mom when I was a child. I still remember it.

• A couple times when I was in middle and high school when I walked home and in the winter

• You bought a chair and had to carry it home? Dood that sucks. Mad respect for that cop.

I don't have a car here and it was way too big to carry it on my bicycle so yeah.. It's usually like a 2-3 I'm walk

That's legit poop stains bro

Did you let the cop know he's chill as shit

They were 2 of them and yeah I thanked them in Dutch lmao

• Nope, I've never been in a police car

• nope

• Nope.

Though it does remind me of a redneck joke.

• Nope.. I actually fought to a police ones when I was around 16 - 17.

• Only to a Hospital Miss. 😉.

What happened?

Immune to what?

Any allergies.

• Hmmm let me think about it. Om which time lol. Jk no comment lol

• That's crazy they never did that for me

One time when I was in high school though I was walking home and a random man offered me a ride, but I politely refused and just continued walking. I was close to my home by that time anyway lol.

Yes there were rumours about the Russian Mafia kidnapping girls in my region a few years ago, too, I doubt there was anything to them though. But yeah those are the things that you always think would never happen to you personally until they do.

Yeah you seriously can never be too sure at all.

What Girls Said 18

• I've not. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did. All the police I've met are nice people.

Same :D

It was like $100. Which isn't TERRIBLE. It was my first offense and typically they let you off with just a warning but not in that area. He DID give me information to prevent the points from going to my license, though so that was nice of him :p It'd have been nicer if he'd have been like, "Yeah, I see you're not from around here, and I know it says "highway" but actually it's not, sorry," and let me go but then he wouldn't have been doing his job so... what can you do? haha

Yeah I guess it was just bad luck you fell for that "trap" and a police officer was checking speed at the exact same time all together :P

• No, but a cop offered to change my wheel when i had a puncture lol

• Once, when the person I was riding with got arrested.

• Nope.

• No but my mom threatened to call the police and have them take me to school becuase I was a lazy child and didn't want to get up. :P

• Nope lol the only time I've been in a police car was because they were scolding me and showing me what would happen if I continued to be a rebel.

• No, but one day I shoud've been take from school by an ambulance

• Nope

• That and he props that you were hot as fuck! Which is true 😍 No I haven't

haha doubt it, I was wearing the biggest sweater I have & baggy pants in combination with Oxford shoes and a beret 😂 If anything I was looking super dorky, they were 2 cops actually

Your face is enough ;)

@archiz haha I'm not sure 😂

• Awee that s nice ^^
    Never happened to me cause I always go with my car lol

I wish I had my car here but Amsterdam is horror by car so I'd never use it anyways 😪

• that's so nice of them
    why didn't you take a taxi :0

I'm kinda greedy with paying for transportation haha, since Melbourne I hold this general notion that public transport should be free but it isn't so that's already bad enough :P

• No never.

• Yeah. I did get rides from the cops.

• That's so nice haha no I've never had that happen before

• No... but one gave me candy once.

• No, but one officer tried to take me home with HIM. I said no and I was so scared 'cause I thought he might force me into the car with him. He didn't, but I get scared just thinking about it.

Omg yes that would have been terrible! I don't even know how you could have reported him if he would have done something, glad you got out fine!

I'm glad too. It was really foggy that night too. And I think he was married, too. I would never sleep with someone I knew had a partner.

• Nope, never happen to me
    Very kind of them though!

• Yea one time...