How true is the phrase: happy wife, happy life?

😋

• Very true!!
  • Slightly true
  • Not really true
  • Hell no. What?

Most Helpful Guy

• If the wife is happy then her life should be better and happy and good. The positive energy and vibe would spread to her husband and others around her.

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with it and I think people misunderstand the meaning.
    When your woman is happy she is willing to do just about anything to make her man happy too therefore his life becomes happy. It's a win win.

What Guys Said 16

• It's the emotional abuse equivalent of "I fell down the stairs" to explain physical abuse.

Typically when I hear this term, like every single time ever, being used it's from a man who is being emasculated by his emotional tyrant of a wife. He is usually saying it as he succumbs to her manipulations as an excuse for his abusive wife's behavior.

• Someone linked this here a while ago. Kind of puts the whole "happy wife happy life" thing into perspective. Especially as someone who lived like this x10.

www.sunnyskyz.com/.../I-Wasn-t-Treating-My-Husband-Fairly-And-It-Wasn-t-Fair

• Yes the phrase can be some what true in many aspects of life
    I see things this way there are many things to make a woman happy
    the guys personality with her, love her to bits, tell her how special she is,
    guy should do little things for her cause little things mean lot, a girl can be
    sensitive so a guy should know where things stand, a guy should be open minded with a girl , He shouldn't selfish but caring etc.

• Not true at all if she's happy kicking me in the balls.

• Women should be ashamed of how true this is.

• Depends on how much ya want to keep the wife.

There will be two chances for her if I ever get married.
    The first time I'm treated as sub human gets a warning.
    The second, one of us is gone.

I'll treat her right, and she'll do the same for me.

• yeah true

• Nothing worse than a nagging woman

• It true.

• totally true

• Very very true

• i'm living the free life without a wife and my life is great. Us guys place way to much emphasis on girls. Life is some much more than just getting married with a girl

• Happy wife
    Happy life

Happy husband
    Lotta fuckin

• Happy specifically sexually satisfied? Or emotionally satisfied? Or maybe a bit of both? Or a balance of both?

• Voted C.

It's true in the sense that if she's unhappy it's poisonous.

It's untrue in the sense that trying to appease an unhappy woman makes things worse.

• what about happy husband, happy life?

Lol, my dad said the same thing once. Both people needs to be happy. But the wife helps keeps the foundation of the home study for a man to want to return to. Its equal. But an unhappy wife effects everything in the home, including children. Everything falls apart unless she does that to herself.

Doesn't rhyme lol

I think @btbc92 answered that already. Its important for both the main caregiver of the house and the breadwinner to be happy, but since the caregiver is responsible for most of the things that need done in the house, if she or he is upset, it can affect the whole household.

This doesn't mean that the breadwinner's feelings don't matter though. It just means it affects things in a different way

What Girls Said 5

• Ahahaha this phrase just turns my husband the fuck on... that's all I know.

__

See, okay, you have to understand the nature of "flirting" between him and me.
    Basically... our relationship has been 17 years of non-stop little challenges and addictive little power games, and it's NEVER gotten old. To understand the general vibe here, check out this opinion (girl mho):
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1947176-how-do-you-foreplay

Soooo... When we get a moment alone... in keeping with the whole "feisty" thing... I have this way of saying things that are both incredibly lustful, and also a little bit degrading.
    Like...
    • If he says something a little silly... I'll put my finger up to his lips in the "shhh" gesture and say, "Good thing you fuck so good, boy" :*
    • I'll nuzzle up against him, and slip my hands into his underwear, and start grabbing him in all sorts of unmentionable places, and hit him with... "I love you... for yr MIND" ahahahah

... and, last but not least...
    • I'll run my finger across his lips, down his chest, and into his underwear... give him an almost threatening smile... and say, "Happy wife... happy life"
    <3 <3
    Ahahah I'll stare that man right in the eyes, and articulate every last consonant *perfectly*. Like I'm slapping him in the face with the words, almost. I like him when he's a lot turned on... and a little mad. Oh yeah.

Yeah, I'm asking for it... and I definitely get EVERYTHING I'm asking for. #fuckyeahmarriedlife

• I think when you are in a marriage both parties have to be happy together to have a happy life. Too many times people marry, and loose site of what is really important. They get busy with jobs, kids, bills, etc, and the happiness they once shared fades... keep communication open, and please each other, that makes a happy wife and husband who can then have a great relationship which includes great sex!

• Seems about right.

• i guess slightly true... what about the happy husband? cause i guess he deserves to be happy too

• I think it's extremely true