Can I become extroverted?

I am introverted. This is seriously compromising my ability to get laid.

Even if I can manage to muster a conversation, it quickly gets awkward.

Can a person become an extrovert? What are the keys to doing this?

At bars, other people are singing and dancing, I'm sitting by myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm an introvert too. it became easier for me as I got older. but I'm still pretty shy. I tell guys I'm shy and they seem to think it's cute. my boyfriends sister thinks I'm adorable bc I'm timid. but, I take anxiety meds. it helps. I don't have depression at all, but I do have anxiety. the more I learned to be myself the easier it came to not be so introverted. I just adapted this mindset like "be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter".

My thoughts:

1. It's easier on a shy girl because men still approach

2. Does your anxiety medicine work almost immediately and for about 8 hours after taking it?

Is it Vistaril?

no, clorazapate

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to take a risk by being out there more often. Approach others and become involved. If you say or do something stupid, leave and go approach others. Keep doing this and eventually you won't feel afraid of having the attention of others. You will develop confidence which will be seen naturally by others. Eventually something might happen. It can be a relationship, one-night stand, whatever. I'm 26 and never kissed or dated, but I'm sure what caused me to be in this position is different from yours. Give it a try. Good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• You can with enough practice. It will not be easy, but it is definitely doable if its something you really want.

What are the ways that extroverts think that introverts don't?

• Just accept it, dude.

Accept that I'll never get laid? Accept what exactly?

Fine, but I don't really like following anyone, and it says you only allow messages from followers…

I changed it. Now I can.

What Guys Said 3

• what is your definition of extrovert and introvert? You can still be an outgoing introvert or a shy extrovert. Just depends on what you enjoy doing. Do you have more fun on your own or when your hanging out with other people? I do think you can stop being shy if thats your problem but i dont think you can change what you enjoy.

• I had this problem for a long time and still kinda do. What I did is just start putting yourself out there more even if it scares you or makes you uncomfortable. After a few times it should become easier and more natural but that core personality trait will probably never go away.

Does it involve becoming interested in other people?

My only motivation is to have sex. I hope this comes across, actually.

yes to hold a conversation I usually need to be interested in the other person or share a common interest.

• The concept of extro/introvert is just a dumb social construct anyway. Just because you developed into one or another doesn't mean you can't change into the opposite.