Do you think we have a spirit/soul?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it really comes down to perception and how you define what a "soul" or "spirit" is.

I think it is just our minds and consciousness, the part that makes us individual and unique, such as our memories, experiences, our traits, personalities etc. Almost like a customized operating system. with LOTS and LOTS of information and DATA.

But when a person dies that "operating system" is crashed, malfunctioned and deleted permanently with no way of rebooting it, resetting to factory defaults, or even making any actual backup copies, no way to download ourselves, thus we are erased forever physically.

Well at least not yet, I've yet to see how this whole concept of technology, technological singularity and tranhumanism turns out, there were claims of R&D on technology that will allow our mind and consciousness to be uploaded and backed up into powerful quantum computers neural network systems or something like that. And until them I just know that when we expire, that's it. Our warranty expired without a way to renew that warranty.

Instead we would only be remembered by other people that cared and knew about us in our lifetime as their memories once we gone. So we are still with them "in spirit".

Most Helpful Girl

• hi and ooo love this kind of question, imagine a universal energy that exists and flows through everything as a life giving live source. an egg and sperm containing basic dna data is alive already when the two combine the two energies meld together creating a brand new energy. from this very moment this energy will grow and learn and develop your whole life and when you die this energy does not die it is merely released back into the universal energy. this energy you could term at creation a speck of energy although not really relative only a term then after a lifetime imagine that energy and what it holds within itself? so if you consider this perception you could choose to label or name it a soul or spirit it existed before your very own existence and then in your physical body had a lifetime of growth and progression to give back to the whole creating an addition to the evolvement of the energy, just my thoughts upto now in life, always open to learning though so feel free to share xx

What Guys Said 5

• Yes I think so

• I think we have a spirit/soul but not in the religious sense.

• Well I can't speak for other gaggers but I know I have a soul.

• Yes I believe we have a soul

• Definitely

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah I do

• I know I have spirit when I'm angry. And I have soul when I'm sad.

Whether it'll live on after my body dies.. nobody knows.

• yup, we got soul

• No I don't think we do.

• Yes, its what makes you, you.

• no, I think we're just matter and energy