Is it pathetic that I write songs about my crushes?

Sometimes even short stories. I just feel it's something I shouldn't do and I feel terribly embarrassed by it.

Most Helpful Guy

• No that's cool actually
    That's like higher thinking artistic type shit
    I write songs sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not lol. You're expressing your feelings and just enjoying the moment of liking him so it's totally okay. Definitely not weird or pathetic at all

What Guys Said 13

• God, no. The entire music industry - especially before The Beatles - is based on writing songs about crushes.

https://youtu.be/HMcHbh6HBDk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCCHVYV1BA
    https://youtu.be/4b-by5e4saI

Bonus points: What is in common about these 3 songs other than they are all songs whose titles are girl's names?

• Hi Taylor

• Are you taylor swift or something?

• No - I feel that is nice.

• that is extremely cute and if I was the guy and we started dating I would definitely want to hear the song or read the story.

Wouldn't you be a little creeped out if you'd found out that I wrote a song/short story about you?

not really I would find it cute that you like me enough to write about me.

• It's weird, but it's your life

• I once wrote a poem about my crush and gave it to her, so no, I don't think it's pathetic.

How did she react?

That sucks :( At least you were brave enough to give it to her.

Yeah, don't worry though, she was just a rare bitch. If you write a song about a guy, and decide to give it to him, most guys are nice, even if the feeling isn't mutual.

• No not really you sound really beautiful (:

• no thats adorable lol

• I used to do that haha </3
    Go ahead! the best literature is inspired by love

• Write s song about me lol

• nope , many artist have done it , besides it improves you artistic side

• I don't think it's pathetic and plus it's your imagination do whatever you want. But still this isn't something you should announce to your friends😅

What Girls Said 11

• Not gonna lie that's kinda weird you should write diss tracks about guys who piss you off that's cool tho

• Not really. But it would mean that your not over them and that they still have a place in your heart. That can be extremely unhealthy. Other people can relate, and others like me can get tired of hearing such songs. Its creativity for you, and you normally do it as an outlet, or to rely a message for others to know about your feelings. Its like a coping method for most people. But people can get very bored if you have nothing else to sing about. But don't feel embarrassed. It just means that you have to question as to why your still thinking about them if your not moving anywhere to express your emotions and intentions for that person.

• Nope!!! I literally just wrote a song about my crush

• Taylor? We love your songs... keep em coming.

• its kind of a waste of time

• No not at all, I think it is a very cute Idea and it shows you are being very thoughtful of that person.

• nope
    it s a good way to express yourself

• No, not at all. That's how most popular love songs are made.

• nope, i write fanfictions

• Yes I don't know it's just not my thing.

• well do you think Taylor Swift is pathetic?