Is it a good idea to buy the house and repair the foundation if hoa doesn't qualify for it?

My mother and I found this lovely house and we're scheduling to see the house possibly today. But realtor said hoa isn't "responsible" for the repair to the damages

0|1
1|2

What Guys Said 2

• I found this for you :
    What Are the Dangers of Buying a House With Foundation Issues?

Cracks in the foundation that are less than 1/4 inch wide don’t usually require repair; however, anything more than that does. Patching cracks can cost a few thousand dollars, depending on where you live, and this doesn’t address the cause of the cracking in the first place, which you’ll also need to fix at some point. This can be as small as fixing and replacing gutters and downspouts and grading the property around the home so that the ground slopes away from the foundation, or as major as rebuilding part or all of the foundation. Rebuilding part of the foundation can cost tens of thousands of dollars; for an entirely new foundation, you could be looking at a bill of upwards of $100,000

When there are issues with the foundation, there are likely problems elsewhere in the home, and buying a house with foundation issues means you’ll have more household repairs to contend with down the line. Cracks in drywall, crooked doors and windows, broken tiles and uneven, thus damaged, hardwood floors all occur when a foundation isn’t level and sturdy. Once the foundation is repaired, you’ll either have to live with these issues or fix them, which, if you hire a contractor, will be costly depending on the extent of the damage.

Foundation issues are no minor thing; however, in the majority of cases, the issue can be fixed (although the cost will vary). One of the greatest dangers of buying a home with foundation issues is finding out that, while the foundation was constructed perfectly, the ground beneath it shifted. Most builders perform a soil test, especially when building on nonlevel ground, to ensure that the foundation will stay in place; however, this test can fail or contractors may fail to do the test. If this is the case, more extensive foundation repairs, including lifting up the house to install new foundation piers to level it out and reinforce the existing foundation, are necessary. In extreme cases where damage is extensive, you also run the risk of needing to replace the entire foundation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't Fondation damage is usally causes more problems then just the Fondation

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

What's the difference with foundation damage and foundation? Isn't it the same thing?

What Girls Said 1

• as long as the cost of the repair doesn't exceed the fair market value of the house

0|0
    0|0