Do u like the thought of reincarnation?

Being reborn again and again but not being able to remember your past lifes?
Are you still you then?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are insane

That's a question of your point of view. I just try to think outside the box

Most Helpful Guy

• excellent question. this is precisely the misunderstanding most have about reincarnation. comparing it to an afterlife. In an afterlife, like the Christian afterlife concept-you're still YOU with YOUR loved ones, etc. In reincarnation, you begin anew as something totally different with no physical or mental connection to the previous life. Thus the reincarnation idea cannot be called "fear based" like afterlife notions clearly are. Reincarnation is NOT about continuing to live - as the lives are totally independent of each other. The only connection in most of these theories (like Buddhism) IS karma.

Thus in believing in reincarnation... it doesn't make me feel better -- like i have MORE time than exists in THIS life-this life stands alone rather so for all intents and purposes OF living this life, it's the only one I have.

However-reincarnation DOES theoretically explain different starting points. Why one person is born to only poverty and survival and another to a life of opportunity etc... What can explain such disparities of starting points?
    1/ a sadistic god, an unfair god who deals the cards unfairly yet expects the same results from every player
    2/ utter chaos, chance, no meaning to starting points or really life itself.
    3/ karma and reincarnation.

Yes you are right.
      4/ we are all immortal souls and earth is a prison planet. Our memories get wiped out every time we die and someone puts us into a new body. They keep their prisoners dumb and always searching for answers they can't find. I mean we don't even know who we are.
      But that's a negative point of view

no, you keep karma-thus determining things about your next life, like what you are, where you begin, when etc. But you have a new body, new mind, new entity of life so you have no connection beyond destiny itself to previous life/lives.

Okay I phrased it wrongly.

What Girls Said 10

• You don't completely 'forget' your past life in reincarnation.
    Almost everything you do will have an impact on your next life. Thats why some people almost seem to be born kinder or have old souls.

There are some interesting accounts of people feeling reincarnated from an "alien" in their past life or perhaps an animal. They often feel like they had to learn being "human" with a lot more effort. Making their senses a lot more powerful because they are not used to the human body. (psychic sense and things like that)

It's not that weird if you think about it because spirits aren't tied to human beings on planet earth but exist in all life forms.

I don't think that it is weird. I just don't think that everything has an impact on my next life if reincarnation is how it works. I also think that there are old souls

• I don't believe in reincarnation. It's be ok if I could learn from my past lives to better my future ones lol

• I like to believe that one day that black hole at the center of our galaxy will spit us out in another big bang creating another universe or something (however that mindfuck goes, I'm not drunk enough to discuss that atm) and we all become stardust. That's what I want. I wouldn't care if I was reborn again, I just want that to happen.

I just wanna be stardust. Great:D

I know what u mean. I looked at pictures of galaxies and other formations before. Do u study physics?

No, I was a biotech major.

• I don't believe in it

• Some people (claim to) remember them. I like the idea but dislike having to see the apocalypse.
    I do think it could be true, because I feel like some people in the same age category seem more wise without having experienced more.

You already think a lot about life huh?

That's good. Are u still depressed?

I don't think depression ever truly leaves so I have to be careful not to relapse, but I'm quite content atm, thanks!

• Yes, I really do. Being able to live another life, doing new things, being born in a different place and body sounds like a great idea to me.
    I wish this was true. But nobody knows if it is.

• I think your soul is who you are but your action and experiences are unique to the body. You are you but wiser or immature depending on the life you have lived.

• nope don't like it at all. once i'm gone here i want to stay gone. life is way harder than it is supposed to be you know. hopefully there is something better after this life that is easier and not so complicated. i personally wouldn't want to be reincarnated.

• At least it's a more realistic idea compared to heaven and hell.

• No. But here you are. God knows how many times already xD

What Guys Said 12

• It's kinda the same to me as if there was nothing.

In both scenarios I lose all my memories and accumulated knowledge.

• There is no such thing as reincarnation it's an interesting concept but in reality is a crock of crap.

Oh I don't think so. It's as realistic as everything else. If u asked me it's even a bit more realistic than going nowhere but I would prefer to go nowhere over reincarnation

That's where we'll differ lol. ^^.

• God no! Why would I want to go through this again?

You don't get asked

I don't think so considering that people behave very dumb

Virgin souls... they haven't been reincarnated yet. I mean, if you think about it, that's why there would be reincarnation... it takes many lifetimes before you cease being a douchebag, so why would God want to hang around you after only 1 lifetime...

https://youtu.be/1Ik5gfNVzpI

• noooooooooo
    this place sucks
    the people are damaged
    mentally and physically
    i just want to go to heaven
    but i got a job to do
    ugh life

there is no indication of any of that with reincarnation, no guarantee you'd be human, or here... and the odds of either are unlikely. You're making Christian assumptions about a Hindu/Buddhist concept-thus not getting it.

• I like the thought of it. Don't believe in it though.

• I like it. Hope it's true haha

• No. I'd rather die thanks

• "Energy Cannot Be Created Nor Destroyed"
    Yes, and yes.

• Yeah I like the idea of reincarnation.

• Yeah I do and I also believe in reincarnation. I only just hope I don't get reincarnated back here to this place again.

• Yes, I like the idea, maybe another life will be better, even if I can't remember my current life.

• Most non-abrahamic cultures believe in this... I believe even Christians believe that Jesus will give the good souls another life