Would you prefer a big romantic gesture, or a bunch of little ones from your partner?

It seems that we live in a fairly superficial society. Everyone wants to out do each other when it comes to romance. Who has the better boyfriend or girlfriend, who gets the most dates, blah blah blah.

I have this one friend whose boyfriend has a pretty good job. He buys her a lot of gifts and what not, though like for ME, that's never really how I've ever been. I don't particularly care for expensive gifts because I feel like I have to pay back the favor or something. AND I just don't like money being spent on me in general. But she likes it, it works for them, so good for them I guess?

But for ME, my boyfriend and I work at the same place, and so he does like a bunch of little sweet things for me a lot. I don't even think he really realizes he's doing them or how sweet he is. But like, heck, just today our supervisors were giving us candy (I still don't know why), my boyfriend grabbed my favorite kind of chocolate apparently, and then held onto it. Then later when I was working near him, suddenly something just pelted me on the chest, I look down, and there is chocolate, I look up to see who the flip just threw candy AT me, my boyfriend is just standing there grinning, he's the only one around. But think about that, he didn't even have to think about it when he decided he was going to do something nice.
For my friend, I can see why she likes the big things, it shows her dude really put a lot of thought into what would make her happy.
However I just like that my boyfriend is able to just automatically think "Oh, she would like this." When given a situation like that. I feel like it really shows how much he cares to think of me just like that.

POLL TIME: This is for both boys and girls, what do you prefer?

• I prefer big romantic gestures
  • I like the small sweet ones
  • Other (explain please?)

Most Helpful Guy

• I make a lot of small, sweet gestures to my girl; everything from random flowers to gift cards, to open when letters and my heartfelt messages. To me, that means more than one big display. But I'm not others. What works for me may not work for others.

Most Helpful Girl

• Little ones.
    Like doing an activity I enjoy that's new to him or giving me a shoulder massage occasionally cuz my boobs make my shoulders hurt or even just a text saying I love you.
    Big gestures are good for like birthdays and stuff.
    But the little ones mean more to me.

What Guys Said 1

• I prefer to soul mate that dont need to prove in reality. We still know each other, I had ever met one
    but dont know what happen. Maybe we are too similar. Long story in it.

What Girls Said 1

• Little ones. I don't need anything over-the-top.