Do you ever feel like there's a wall in your mind that you can't climb over?

I guess I just feel defeated, and like I cheated myself out of being happy. But I don't want a therapist. I just need to know how to get past it.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's lots of things in my life that I'd like to change, everyone has them, I know that when I'll be able to change these things and every time I take a positive step towards achieving that, I gain confidence and feel happy. I don't need to be at the finished point to be happy, the journey itself makes me happy. I guess the reason you feel unhappy is because you've already conceded defeat, you've given up, anyone will feel upset if they do that. Write down a list of all the things that you're not happy about and work out ways to change them and work towards that.

What Guys Said 1

• Believe that you can, and so shall you receive.

If you think your gonna fail then you will.

What Girls Said 1

• Everyone and I mean, EVERYONE has those days. Some people go through a drawn out period in their lives where they feel these emotions for an extended time. However, it is temporary unless you have chronic depression which is long-term but manageable. I recommend speaking to a close family member or friend and share how you feel. It does help to gain the guidance and support of a loved one. Perhaps seek out a new hobby which can fill your time. Some people turn to publications such as "How to be happy" by Liggy Webb and self-help books that can offer a 'toolkit' to change your outlook on life and be more happy. One downfall in life is that people compare themselves to others instead of counting their own blessings. I believe in a positive outlook on life. If you change the way you think, you can change your life.