Why are people so scared of spiders? Are you scared of spiders?

A lot of the time most spiders aren't actually dangerous. And even if you were bit by a dangerous one its no longer so bad that you'll die from it since doctors can treat you.

So why exactly are so many people scared of spiders? I mean unless it looks like this then it totally makes sense... But is there like a special reason behind it?
Why are people so scared of spiders? Are you scared of spiders?Tbh even I am scared shitless by spiders, I don't quite understand why though, when I was little I had no fear of them but now... I AIN'T GOING NOWHERE NEAR ONE. Really dunno what happened.

Im asking this question because I was in bed and some spider was dangling right in front of my face when I was lying down like it was trying to scare me on fucking purpose and not let me go to sleep for the rest of tonight. 😐

So, are you scared of spiders?

• Im scared of spiders.Why are people so scared of spiders? Are you scared of spiders?
  • Not scared, just find them creepy looking
  • They don't scare me at all
  • I LOVE THEMWhy are people so scared of spiders? Are you scared of spiders?

Most Helpful Guy

• People fear what they don't understand. Spiders can be great for around the house and gardens. Can even make for interesting pets. It could be an irrational fear, like being afraid of the dark or something. Some people can't help it. They don't scare me, but some definitely look creepier than others. That last gif is a cute one, tho.

That makes sense...
      Ahaha Im scared of spiders but that last one I actually find very cute as well :P

Some can look like the spawn of Satan, so I don't blame you.

What Guys Said 31

• I'm okay with spiders. I'm scared of snakes. Never was afraid of snakes before. Although, all spiders are poisonous, I think I remember reading. Whereas, like 60% of snakes are poisonous. But overall, snakes are more deadly, because there are a lot of spiders whose fangs are too small to puncture the skin or something. Snakes, however, have no problem with that. I really hate those little fuckers. And they're nocturnal, too. Except I'm nocturnal...

tse3.mm.bing.net/th

• Well speaking on my new iPhone thanks mate!!! I burned the other one because... well, your grabby spider creature thing scared the hell out of me.

• 1|1
  • If those hairy ones are around I' won't run but I'll keep a safe distance...
    The smaller ones I'm not afraid of though when I need to catch one I'll use paper or so, prefer not to do it bare handed. Never know it's one of these small, venomous ones :o

• A lot of the time most spiders aren't actually dangerous.

You should meet my friend the Recluse he has highly toxic poisonous bite that has the added bonus of being filled with flesh eating bacteria. And I've been bit by them about 12-20 times now.

• Spiders are scared of me.

• Because of they have scary looks and some of em are poisonous i guess

Well , spiders are afraid of human too lol

http://www.mdavid.com.au/spiders/images/yikes.gif

• I don't know why people are scared of insects in general. I just kill them all whe I see them.

• I could be scared of going close to a tarantula spider because it is deadly. But most house spiders are harmless and I put them on my body to get the tickleach sensation. They are fun.

• No, I'm the bigger spider if you know what I mean. A bear though? That's a different story. I don't want to get caught by one of those defenseless.

• It's a natural human fear, like heights or loud noises, because spiders can easily harm us. It's where our tickling sensations come from.

• Why why why 😡😡your had to put those disgusting little spider pics? You ruined my sleep!!
    Though that puppy is so cute!!

Ahahah trust me I didn't sleep after I posted this question last night. Felt so itchy all over.

Ha-ha Lol really? A taste of your own medicine? Lol

• I can´t say they don´t scare me at all, a spyder can kill me and it´s a good damn reason to smash them with no mercy.

• I think it is an irrational fear, as spiders eat annoying flies and bugs!!
    I like spiders, and in the Seneca Way, the Spider Mother wove the alphabet and is a Powerful Female energy for creating, and starting new projects!

• Cause they're fucking nasty 😖

• Yes, they are so fucking creepy looking and always show up where they are unwanted. Whenever I see one I immediately want it to die.

• I'm scared of spiders. Nothing with that many eyes or legs could possibly be natural.

Also, thank you got the goddamn nightmares with that first. GIF. >.<

Well im feeling all itchy and paranoid after looking through so many spider gifs to add to this question ahaahhaha trust me there was worse stuff out there 😂😭

Yeah, I don't even have my feet under my desk now... thankyouverymuch.

• I want a pet spider, or snake, something to scare people with

• Phobias are literally known more easily as the irrational fear of something.

Fun fact though: as humans supposedly we swallow spiders in our sleep... O_O so those afraid of spiders... You may have already eaten one without knowing...

• Bro they're yucky and ughh

• I try not to be scared because I'd hate to accidentally kill the one that would give me Spider-Man powers

• I'm scared of tulips

• No, I'm afraid of snakes

• To be honest I hate soiders

• scared of bugs in general

• I kill them before my wife sees them.

• Everyone's got something they're scared of. Spiders is one for me. It's the look of them and the legs, the way they scurry about, they way they're all gangly. Ugh, i don't want to touch them at all. It's not about how dangerous they are, it's just nasty.

Some people don't like snakes, I'm fine with them. Apparently it's something about how they slither that makes people's skin crawl.

My sister hates birds, something about how they flap their wings freaks her out.

We all have some motion or detail about something that we just hate. lol

• I'm OK with them. They somehow wandered the wrong way.
    I live in the desert. I really don't see may spiders. When they get lost I just capture them & relocate them back into the desert. Snakes too. I even helped a rattle snake get of of my friends yard & back into the desert.
    I'm too stupid to be afraid.

• B, most of the spiders I've ever encountered in my life are tiny house spiders, and they're harmless and not poisonous.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 5

• Australia has the most deadly spiders and snakes in the world.
    I hate spiders so much. And I happen to live in Australia.
    I get so scared that I ask my parents to kill them, I can't stand it.

• Unless it's super poisonous I am not scared of them. Meh.

• They just look so malevolent :/

• I freaking hate spiders. HATE!!!

• I dont mind them. I actually find them quite interesting and strangely beautiful, especially on a macro level.
    I think the fear is just one of those weird ingrained things people have. Maybe something leftover from evolution that helped us survive...