Have you ever driven drunk/high?

Was stunned to find out an old friend was killed because him and his friend made that decision. No heartfelt story from me. Just realize that you're not invincible and stay safe boyos.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.
    Very sorry to hear about your friend though.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. My father was permanently disabled after a drunk driver hit his car, with me in it at 2 years old, and then drove away.

Truth be told, if I were hit by a drunk driver I would probably kill them.

"if I were hit by a drunk driver I would probably kill them"

^^ I was on a jury for the trial of someone who had done exactly this. The guy's kid had been killed by a drunk driver (t-bone into the passenger side of the car). He was unharmed in the accident. He pulled the drunk driver from the car, beat him to death, and started stabbing his dead body with pieces of metal that were in the street from the accident until the cops got there.

Most of the jurors wanted to convict him, at the beginning.

I just smiled, and said, "I'm a freelancer... I've got ALL DAY, guys. All day, every day, all week, all month."
      Then I turned around and stared at the wall.
      (:
      Yep... That was my negotiating tactic. I'm a bitch.

2 days of "deliberation" later... he walked.

@redeyemindtricks I would have beat the drunk driver to death too

What Girls Said 15

• Drunk drivers should absolutely lose their driver's licenses for THE REST OF THEIR LIVES, THE FIRST TIME they're caught. No excuses, no nothin'.

Because if it's the first time they're CAUGHT... it's probably the 10th or 50th or 100th time they've done it.

__

I would not at all be opposed to giving an automatic and mandatory death penalty to drunk drivers in ANY accident with ANY serious injuries. Wouldn't be opposed at all.
    Bye kiddos, see ya in the next life.

Yeah each state is different in the US but I know some countries it's like you loose your license forever and jail time your first offense. Me and my dad get on this topic a lot. Tell me about these stories of people who get there 4th or 5th DUI. Like wtf?

he's an insurance agent has been for years. So he has his fair share of stories and I see him weekly and he'll be like we'll read in the paper another guy got arrested with his 3rd DUI. Then hell go on and on how people will come in and complain about theit insurance rates when theyve had a DUI. Thats stays on your record fot insurace purposes for 7 years in Wisconsin I know and they say by the time everything over with the court and insurance you probably pay about 10 to 15 grand if you get caught drunk driving. We like to shoot the breeze if you will lol

@akadatank44 $10-15k isn't even that much, as far as criminal offenses and court costs are concerned. If that's taking into account the insurance increases, too, that's practically a slap on the wrist -- especially over that many years.

In Texas, they just put it right out there, on actual highway signs:
      upload.wikimedia.org/.../Texas_DWI_Sign.jpg

I mean... I see what they're TRYING to do there, but -- to me at least -- that just seems to be saying, "Oh, go ahead and drive drunk all you want, as long as you're rich." Smh.

• I am so terribly sorry for your 'Old Friend,' Who... Made that decision.
    Yes, I am Ashamed to say, that when I was out of School, I was a Fool and Drove home Drunk one nite. I never realized how "High" this Champagne was Going to Make me but Never did it Again, my Friend.
    I don't Anyone under the Sun can Fathom it could Happen to Them.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Never and I will never do such a selfish thing in my life. People who drive drunk or high deserve to be behind bars.

• No, but I've been driven by someone who was high as all hell. Multiple times. Lol... fun times, fun times...

• Drove incredibly drunk once.

Didn't remember the drive home. Didn't remember falling down my parents basement steps. Was still drunk the next day when I went into work.

• God no. I'm not that stupid.

• It's hard to tell your limit sometimes... I'll get a ride from someone if I know I'm drunk.

Usually if I'm tipsy I'll still drive tho.

I don't understand why I'm getting downvotes lol as long as your within the legal limit it's okay right?

Lol you always freak out about your downvotes. I get them for just commenting alone.

Lol well a lot of people don't like you cause you troll. There's a reason why people downvotes this one

• Actually last night I was in a night club with my friends and they gave me some white shit don't know what was that tbh. But I tried it and it was soo good. After a while I woke up. It was a cool dream

• Yes, and more than once. I was told I drive better drunk than sober, but of course the person saying this was as wasted as I was, lol.

• I was just slightly buzzed one time when I drove. It was only 4 miles, realized it was a dumb thing for me to do afterwards tho. Nothing happened but still...

• Never. I don't wanna kill myself and don't wanna kill others who's driving in the same roads with me unfortunately

• I have but I was only buzzed and a little bit high. Not at the same time though.

• No. One of my best friends was killed from a drunk driver. Fuck them all. I wish them the worst.

• No god no. And I wouldn't be in a car with a driver who is intoxicated!

• Yes.

In the passenger seat ;-)

What Guys Said 11

• I don't drink.

• Drunk? Huh, I don't remember how I got back from the military base on my last day there.

• I'm sober

Which means nothing. I think most accidents don't involve alcohol.
      Most people that have accidents put themselves in danger by speeding on purpose, or by relaxing, or just trying to have fun behind the wheel.

I know I do it all the time.. hadn't had an accident so far.

Of course alcohol makes these actions to become less voluntary

• Within the legal limit. Otherwise walked a sobering 3 miles hoke or called a cab.

• Yes, I have driven after smoking weed when I was younger and after drinking up to about 8 beers. It's not something I would recommend or do often, but I can drive well even when intoxicated. I'd still try all other avenues before doing it though...

• man, i dont even have a drivers liscence.

• Like almost every weekend since I got my first car 9 years ago

• Nothing which makes me weak..

• nope I don't drink at all

• I have actually.

• No. Would never do such a thing.