Would you refer to a Transgender Person as the Gender they Want or what they Are?

I'm the kind of person that calls a spade a spade, so i would still say he to a man that makes himselff look like a woman or vice versa

• A man or woman remains a man or woman
  • I call them the gender they choose to claim themselves as
  • Othera

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• i refer to them as the gender they have according to their chromosomes. and i dont care if this hurts people's feelings.

to say that a man is a woman simply because that man took hormones and "feels" like a woman then that is an insult to real women. and to say that a woman is a man because she took hormones and because she "feels" like a man that is an insult to real men.

What Girls Said 15

• I will always try to call someone what they'd prefer. Especially if they're a friend. But I have no respect for people like my recent acquaintance who came ouy one day to people saying she is now he. And I didn't know this so next time I saw "him" I referred to him as a her and they yelled at me calling me bigot etc.

Later found out it'd been two days, still LOOKS female, we'd only met once and nobody had told me...

Like I'll try and respect you but don't be surprised if to some people you still look your designated gender and they don't know.
    I'm female and want to be called so. I'd be annoyed if you said "it" about me because political correctness says pronouns are offensive now.

• I will call someone by what they look like usually. I can't always tell. I usually try to avoid pronouns as much as possible in those kinds of situations because it feels weird to call someone a she if I can tell said person is a he. Just tell me the name you use so I can use your name, that's no different than calling someone by a nickname.

But what is irritating is that I work in the medical field. If your legal name is Christian and you tell me your name is Christina, but you haven't legally changed it, that's going to piss me off because I have to submit your legal name to your insurance company.

• The gender they want to be called.

Why is it any of my business to make them feel shitty over a stupid pronoun.

They identify as a guy ill call them a guy. Its not hard.

You dont have to understand just respect them.

• I'm not gonna disrespect someone to their face. I refer to people how they want to be referred to. I know it's not some made up choice, it's biology. And I'm not one to deny science. :P

• "I'm the kind of person that calls a spade a spade"?

No, you're the kind of person who doesn't understand the difference between biological sex and gender. "calls a spade a spade" is just another cop out for people too simple to educate themselves or too close minded to care.

• If they've transitioned, then the gender they want is the gender they are.

• Onviously refer to what they wanna be called. Even if you don't agree with being transgender it's not ok to disrespect someone
    And for all those people saying with whatever genetalia they have whatever gender they're born with

You are born with a SEX ie. male female intersex
    You feel GENDER, you identify as gender

• Whatever they want to be referred to as

would you call a bus driver a pilot if they ask you to refer to them as such?

Probably. I don't care about them enough to look at the specifics

• Yes , i would refer to them as such in a work place. BUT they aren't that in reality so i wouldn't consider them that. And caitlyn didn't deserve that award.
    but it is insane that you get in trouble now for stating a fact and biology but whatever.

• Idk!! Such a good question... there's a girl in my class that obviously is a lesbian.. she dresses and even looks like a guy. I don't know what to refer to as

• What they're born as

Imagine if everyone insisted on calling you a guy. How would you like that?

@JenSCDC well I wasn't born male so that'd be ridiculous

Whether or not it's ridiculous is not the point. It's about trying to put yourself in someone else's shoes to try to understand how they feel.

• Would you call a spade a spade if the spade was worked on to make it into an ice pick?

• I call them what they want.

• I call them what they want... I mean it doesn't hurt me in any way.

• Yeah, I identify them as the gender that they identify themselves as.

What Guys Said 20

• I would refer to them as the gender that they identify as to save face and avoid drama. However, I dont actually view them the same way I would someone who was actually born that gender.

• Whatever they want to be called. It makes them happy and it doesn't make me less happy, so why make a problem out of it?

• The gender they want. To call them anything else is an insult:

• Therss one at my job they make us call him by his new name. he's a she now. But if it wasn't for my job then no. Unforutntely in the u. s There no such this as freedom of speech.

I actually wouldn't even be around that energy. There just messed up in the head
    Like prostitute and porn stars.

Functional crazies is what they are

• Whatever I see them as. If they look like a woman, I'll call them a woman. If they look like a man, I'll call them a man

• It is their choice

• What they claim themselves as, I am not an asshole and insensitive. Even though as a human being I would still make mistakes and accidentally call them what they were born as, but they'd have to accept that.

• If they have not had the operation yet, they are still the gender they were born as, and I will refer to them as such. Once they have undergone the sex change, I will happily refer to them as which ever gender they became.

• what they claim themselves as... but if they hijack every thread to make it about TG then they can shut the fuck up and should be ignored. same with anybody that hijacks everything to make it about themself.

• I'd call them by their birth certificate if I knew which it was. Or I just wouldn't refer to them as specifically male or female.

• I don't get the concept of gender and what it means to people who give a shit. However, it's really no effort on my part to call them whatever the fuck they want.

• No amount of drugs and surgery can change your gender. A man is always a man and a woman is always a woman.

• what they are

• They are whatever their DNA says they are.

• I call them by what they are.

• As long as they can do the same for me since I identify as an Attack Helicopter

• What they were born as, is what I call them.

• whatever they wanna, u can judge it by thier dressing sense and all

• I don't care how they feel
    what they feel doesn't make it reality

there sick and stupid

*they're stupid
      Kinda ironic

How do you know that it's not your beliefs that are out of wack?

@JenSCDC

cause I have physical evidence for my case hun
      you have seen it already you've answered before

the only thing a gay person can say is i feel this way so it's okay lol

• whatever they look like