Why did I do this to myself?

I've been catfishing this guy and my heart hurts so much. I dont want any negative comments telling me how im not sh*t because I already know. I dont want to lose him. I have nobody and he's always texting me making sure im okay. I lied to him about everything. I took down the girl page i was pretending to be. Im currently in the process of telling him now. But im so scared he's going to stop talking to me. I know what i did was wrong and i truly learned my leason i know I probably broke his heart but is there anyway i can persuade him that i can persuade him to give ME another chance to fix things? I can't stop crying please dont be mean

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course he may stop talking to you, cat fishing is not taken lightly. You completely betrayed his trust, there's no way he's going to just be okay with it and there will be a happy ever after. You need to be the bigger person and tell him no matter what though, this is not right at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Write a letter to him and tell him the truth about you... apologize of course and ask him if he is even interested in seeing the "real" you... or maybe just send him a photo of you along with the letter... do what feels more comfortable or what you see as more suitable for the situation.. or perhaps a video message expressing your feelings and exposing your real self... HOWEVER!! Remember this IS the internet, so just like you did it to him... he too could possibly be hiding something or cat fishing you just as well... maybe not... but it's very possible... so unless you are sure 100% that he is who he is, don't expose your personal information until you are sure.

And if he is not interested, well, don't beg... it's sad, but it is your fault after all, and you'll get over it eventually... with time and new people (as in new guys) 😃!! And maybe learn from this...

Advice: don't pretend to be someone you're not... & don't expose yourself too early to people you do not know too well... especially on the internet.!!

What Guys Said 5

• Climb aboard the good ship Honesty and do your best to explain why you did what you did. It may not be enough. On the other hand, it may be. It's worth the effort. You owe him at least that much.

• 3 words. Waste. Of. Time. Not gnna lead anywhere, and u know it. Stop leading him on into the inevitable. He's going to hate you. But either way he's going to end up hating u. Ur selfish tbh.

• How much lying did you do?

• Catfishing hold why are you catfishing, are you afraid he won't like the real you.

• You're going to have to just confess to him and hope for the best. If you're genuine about it, he might be salty, but he should still come around for a second chance (tentatively).

What Girls Said 5

• The only thing you can do is fess up and be completely honest with him and hope he forgives. Although if I were him it would be hard and even more difficult to trust you again.
    But the fact that you feel remorse and are willing to put it right means you're a good person. Good luck.

• It usually depends on how long you've known him. Anything above 3 months is going to be taken harshly.

• Well you're young and young people make silly mistakes, don't we all? But he could stop talking to you, men don't like when women lie. That's a first step of mistrust which you've lost. Next step is to see if he forgives you.

• Yeah he's going to get upset. and stop talking to you. Its your fault though.

• You can try to persuade him but i wouldn't get your hopes up...