How do I get used to my burn scars?

I am 13 and was in a house fire 2 months ago. how do I get used to my burn scars? I feel like no guy will like me.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Right now you need to stop focusing on getting a guy or if a guy will like you. You just got out of a fire incident. Thank God you made it out alive. That is what you should be concerned about most. 2ndly, you have to understand that the fire was not your fault. A person who loves you will accept the fact that you have them and they are now part of you and your life. It could have been a lot worse. I know your young and most of you girls start thinking about boyfriends and everything. But a guy is not supposed to be your everything. You have to learn to love yourself before you can share that with somebody else.

I have scars to. All different parts of my body. The worse one is on my breast from surgery. It was one of my greatest fears after I discovered I had a tumor in my breast at your age. I was 13 too when I had to get surgery. But it was either I get it done, or keep till this age of 24 and it would have turned cancerous. What was worse? A scar? An visibly uneven breast? Which by the way, I have both. Or for it to turn cancerous, god forbid go through chemo, end up with one breast, or end up dead? I had no choice. While a fire is worse than mine, you still can heal from this.

You have to care flu yourself and understand your value and importance. Because if you place your value on appearance just for a guy to like you, then your value is based off of superficial beauty. That will not last long as you get older. As I said, your 13 years old. At that age, guys was the least of my worries. A guy who will appreciate you will bypass your scars. And look at your heart. You may feel insecure now, but then those scars will become like a blessing. Because it will remind you how far you came and how you overcame tragedy at its worse. It will show you who loves you for you and who's only with you for show.

What Guys Said 4

• If a guy doesn't like you because of some burn scars then you don't want to be with him anyways. Don't be down because of some scarring, look forward to a guy loving you for your body.

• That's fool talk. Why would a guy chose not to like you because of some burn scare? I would think it would be a dumbass reason not to like a girl because of a scare.

• If a guy is mature he will like you and love you. How to look past your scars that can be done. Think positive and place your prayers in Gods hands. Sorry about your misfortune.
    God Bless You~!!!

• No big deal. You'll be fine. You can always tattoo?

What Girls Said 2

• Honey you are one heck of a tough cookie!! I am really sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you and your family will recover.
    About your scars, it has only been two months so expect it to clear up more and not be as red after awhile. Especially if the burn was very bad and damaged the dermis layer (meaning it bled) it could take longer than lesser burns. Please don't worry about boys, you have you whole life out there ahead of you, and trust me when you get older and get into university, college, or start working, you won't be meeting boys you'll be meeting MEN who will be looking for a girl with strong character, who is brave, and kind, just like you. Don't worry about a thing! <3

• Scars have nothing to do with beauty or other people liking you. My grandmother was born with half of her face covered with a bright red birthmark but she is still married and has lived her happily ever after. Of course, birthmarks and scars are different, but scars will fade with time. You are only 13 so just give it some time and it will fade slightly. I actually have burn scars all over my hands and arms in different places because I am a horrible cook and should not be allowed to boil water, but it has never stopped me from getting attention from guys.

With time you will become used to your scars and they might even look really cool when they are healed fully.