Do you understand English movie/drama without subtitle clearly?

Also please mention your native language.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes i understand... my native language is kreol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because i'm English and my native language is English i do sometimes watch foreign films with subs though sometimes with out to see if i pick anything up Im I think something that sounds like hi in English means yes in japanese
    and kami might mean god or supernatural being?
    then there's one or 2 i can't pronounce or wright where i have a vag idea what they might mean I haven't been actively trying to learn though.

For some reason I think I'm more visual than auditory. I can easily understand when I continue conversation and pretty fluent to speak. But if it's movie than I had to struggle If I want to understand every sentence word by word.

Im definitly more visual im dyslexic and i've always been able visualize and move around 3d models in my head when i write code i see it as a larger structure though i have to read individual bits for longer.
      I just don't always need to understand the words to enjoy a movie or music normally i need at least subs but not always maybe i got enough of the gist of some of the language from watching with subs and enough of it sounded familiar with out them.

What Girls Said 1

• I do, except when the actors have a very heavy accent. I'm French.

What Guys Said 4

• I have lived in the US and I major in English linguistics and literature, so yes, I understand everything in English; whether it's movies or academic articles. My native language is Swiss (and German).

• Yeah I do. I'd say I'm pretty fluent in English. And my native language is Latvian.

• Yes I can :) and I'm proud of it
    My mother tongue is Dutch

• yes... im English