Give me a good reason why I should date a SINGLE MOTHER?

what happened was I met a girl and I took her out to dinner... we almost got laid on that same night but it didn't happen... I was ok with until my next night out with her where things went downhill... turns out she is a SINGLE MOTHER and she waited until the second date to tell me...

now I'm getting shit from my friends including other guys because I REFUSE to date a single mother... I have no interest in having a child that isn't mine into my life... I also DO NOT want someone with baggage and added drama into my life... she hid something from me from the first night so why should I trust her?

I'm no mgtow believe me but then I watched this video and now I am CONVINCED that I'm right and I don't care what my friends and my mother tell me...

so girls and specially other GUYS please tell me why would you date a single mom? I don't understand and I'm being judged for refusing to date them...

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably waited until the second date to tell you because she was afraid of getting the reaction that you have. Honestly in your life every other young female you meet will most likely be a single mom because everyone now seems to just let life happen to them in the sense that if they get pregnant they keep in no questions asked, even if they can't afford it and altering their life forever (which includes dating) I am dating someone with kids but they are grown so I dont worry too much about it. You have a preference in dating someone who does not have kids and thats fine but that preference is going to be very hard to find in this day and age. If I was a guy I probably wouldn't date a single mom either. If it doesn't work out with my man Im seeing now I won't date another guy with kids. Who needs extra drama and another excuse to blow off dates.

Well said.

"because everyone now seems to just let life happen to them"

Isn't that exactly the reason why people don't want to date single mothers though? Aka instead of using their brains they just let life happen without thinking of the possible consequences?

Most Helpful Guy

• She didn't hide anything to you to saying that she didn't tell you the first day..

She didn't tell your the first day cause that way she would get rejected instantly on the first date and no one wants that. .

AI chill cause if your don't wanna date then don't date her... But stopa acting like a pussy

What Girls Said 9

• No one owes you their entire life story on the first date. And you don't owe it to anyone to date them. Just move on.

• If you don't wanna do it then don't do it.

I don't really get the fuss about it tbh. I mean if the kid is over the age that it pukes and cries and bites all the time then whats the problem? Could be a laugh. Its an extra person to hangout with. PLUS Its not like you have any responsibility for it because it ain't your kid.

Also, I think telling someone on a second date is fine. she wanted to know if it was going somewhere first before scaring you off. Its not like she waited till you'd fallen for her to tell you.

I dunno, I don't want kids of my own so I'm bias, I wouldn't mind finding someone who already has a kid because then he hopefully won't want any more xD

"PLUS Its not like you have any responsibility for it because it ain't your kid."

If you date and eventually get into a comitted relationship - do you really think the mother isn't expecting him to take any responsibility whatsoever? That's beyond any reality. Of course exactly that will happen.

@FakeName123 IF it becomes a seriously relationship then no doubt there will be some responsibility but he would still be in his rights to say the things he doesn't want to have to do what with it not being his kid. EG: I'm not touching its nappy, its not my child.

But right now he's just talking about dating anyway, why worry about what might be the case in a relationship before it even happens.

And why do you date? Either to get laid or to have a serious relationship. If he aims for the later - then the red flag is now there to not get involved later on.

And while you say he has the right to say no - I think you underestimate the impact that will be having.

• I don't know why you're being judged, it's a preference. But depending on how old you actually are, you're going to bump into quite a few of them thanks to 16 and Pregnant. But you may also miss out on someone that you could really connect with, not all single mothers have the drama and baggage you're talking about.
    I do agree that it's definitely not cool that she didn't tell you up front. While I know why she did it, it doesn't make her 100% untrustworthy.

• if i was a guy i won't date a single mom... because i would like to bring up my kids in my own way... but i really appreciate single moms for their courage

• Well, first, you have pre-judged this woman and her life without actually getting to know her. You have no idea if she has drama in her life and if she did, who said it had anything to do with her child? Also, how is the child 'baggage'? Last time I checked, baggage is an issue or painful moment in ones life they can't let go so is that how you view her kid?

Personally, I think you should move on because she can do better than you.

• bc ima single mother and I'm smoking hot and cool as a fan all at the SAME DAMN TIME!!😂😂

• You don't have to date her if you don't want to. I wouldn't date anyone who has kids or wants kids in the future. That's because I don't ever want kids then again, I would say I don't want kids on the first date so I don't waste my time or his.

• You're a very small man and I dont know why anyone would want to date you

• Well, you dont have to just like most women would date but not get serious with a single father. If it isn't for you than thats ok.

What Guys Said 17

• There's no good reason to date a single mother.

• She hid it from you specifically because of the reaction you had. It's not easy to meet people when you have a child. I'd date a single mom if I was financially stable and ready in my own life. I can't tie my shows without almost falling over, so currently I'd probably advise myself not to get involved with a single mother, however if I had a job, I wouldn't even blink twice.

• There's is no reason for you, you're not worth for her. She will find someone eventually who will love her and her child. You are free to go man.

• I'm a single dad , I realized this will mean permanent single hood & celibacy on taking main custody. She should really not have concealed that from you until the 2nd date , it is better to be upfront. As a parent myself , I'm afraid no man will ever come close to her children in importance , but a single mother does NOT = a third rate woman , my own father abandoned us when I was a baby , he had a drink problem.

• i dont think that all the single mothers are bad, its possible that some of them are really a nice and a kind person and their husband was abusive and a bad person so they got separated. being a single mother is not easy too, so its not a bad thing if you date a single mother and try to help her not feel alone

• Don't do it, and to hell with anyone trying to shame you for not wanting to.

• Dude.. u are a mom hunter.

• I think women with children have a bit lower standarts for guys. So most of them end not meeting the right person. At least I wouldn't date a single mom for few reasons. I wouldn't be sure is she staying with me only because i help her with money or she likes me. Second thing I wouldn't be sure did she left her child father maybe she will leave me as well? So I wouldn't be sure how much stable she is. As well for the child maybe when that child grow up i wouldn't get along with. I have a stepfather and we don't even speak. It depends from a person and how much your willing to risk.

• Just be friends with benefits with one. Thats about it.

Single parents should date aingle parentls.

Ur 18 to 24 ita not worth it. U dont wanna have to deal with the kid the childs father or ber neglecting u for the kid

• OK
    I'll give you just one reason
    JUST ONE!

1. You shouldn't!

It's your life. Let someone else take her with all what comes with it.

• I dont want any involvement of that sort at all. I dont want to be involved with a woman and her children.

• It's alright. That's your preference

• Just do what your heart says and basically don't listen to no one about it. It's your life and your ass on the line , not thiers. Anyone who can't be straight up , has something to hide

• This made me laugh. Thank you 😂

• If a man is unable to have children of his own due to impotency , he can go for such an option.

• And we have accepted for society vs MGTOW. *sits on couch eating popcorn *

• To... fuck her maybe?