What do YOU call a 24 year old asking a minor for naked pictures?

It's happened too many times to count. Here's a situation: A 24 year old (let's name them Alex) asks a fourteen year old (Ray) for pictures of themselves. Alex tells Ray about how they would cuddle every night if Alex was there. Ray doesn't know Alex isn't fourteen until Alex asks Ray for underwear pictures. Turns out, Alex is twenty-four and while Ray's first messages point out they are fourteen, Alex never said anything and even now continues to push for photos of Ray. Do you consider someone above the age of 18 going after a minor a predator? Would your answer be different if Ray was eleven instead of 14?

2mo I'm surprised with the reactions you guys have been having. While I'm not Ray, I used to be starting at age eleven until I was fourteen. Most people (including myself) didn't consider these kinds of people predators or pedophiles because we've always thought of those lowlifes as creepy, old men that looked the part. It is a dangerous assumption that has taken me a long time to stop making. I'm glad to see comments that don't support this and don't try to call it something less extreme.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is an ephebophile, since he is being inappropriate with a teenager who is much younger than him. If Ray wasn't a teen but a child, then this situation would be considered pedophilia.

What Guys Said 13

• pervert, predator, pedophile, etc

• I'll stop associating myself with a 24 yr old male after that.

• He needs to control himself... she's still young.

If you are Ray, you shouldn't spread pictures of yourself, it may be a problem for you in the future...

• Don't know if I'd call them a predator. There are a lot of idiots doing stupid crap, but not all of them are malicious though.

Definitely poor at good judgement, definitely a pedo, but I don't know about a predator.

• A pedophile

• A visit from Chris Hansen waiting to happen

• a pedophile, one's a grown ass man and the other is a child barely starting to hit the noticeable point of puberty

• It's called desperate and he is fucked up.

• Tbh, 14 is a bit too young, If Ray was at LEAST 17 I wouldn;t see a problem

• Ewwwwwww

• Why? Did you encouraged him? How did he know you? How old are you? You just ignore

I'm 18 in a few months, but I was 13 when this happened (It was the final time it did) We met on an app where you can message people, broadcast, etc. I stated my age in the beginning and because he never said that he was older I had assumed he was my age. We exchanged numbers. I never encouraged him, he told me I was beautiful and a bunch of romantic filler whenever he asked for selfies. It escalated to him asking to see me in my skivvies which is when a bell went off and he confessed he was 24. I cut it off there by sending a message later saying I was the police and that he could be arrested for pressuring a minor into sending explicit photos. Never heard from him again

• Unless I Order you to buy commons, you don't, I give orders to my girl

• I consider Ray a sick fuck who deserves to be prosecuted and treated for any mental conditions he may have

But Ray is 14...

@SteamBuns wow my bad... I consider Alex the sick fuck... Ray should also be educated though

What Girls Said 8

• I'd say he's close to being a pedophile, considering that pedophiles prefer prepubescent children and when you're 14, you've technically already hit puberty. You might look prepubescent at 14 though so that's why he's close to being a pedophile.
    Yes I would consider him a predator, clearly he's aware of the fact that he's much older than you, any normal person would definitely back off. Only a predator would keep pushing for naked pictures (which by the way would be considered child porn, since naked or semi-naked pics of kids under 18 is illegal to both send and be in possession of). A 14 year old is not as intelligent and is a lot more inexperienced/naive than a 24 year old so naturally the 24 year old has the upper hand, and could easily manipulate the younger person. That makes the older person a predator.
    If Ray was 11 I'd definitely consider Alex a pedophile. At 11 you're considered prepubescent.
    If you're Ray, or if you know Ray, then you need to cut off all contact with this guy/tell her to cut off all contact with him. He's sick, and trying to force you/her to do some illegal things (that would also make him a criminal and possibly a sex offender depending on the laws where you live).

• yes a predator and a pedophile. Both the kid and the adult
    could be charged with federal child porngraphy felonies

With your update you say you are surprised by our commments? What were you expecting to hear?

a lot of people told me he was just into younger girls. this happened frequently.

• Nope, it's wrong. Plain and simple.

• A pedophile.

• A sicko perverted pedophile.

• If she's not of legal age of consent, I call it disgusting

• Pathetic