Do you believe in karma?

I didn't used to.

but my life is such a shit show in some departments right now it's starting to make me believe.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do wonder if karma really exists because of 2 situations. In high school, a guy who I thought was my friend set me up and got me expelled. Then a year later, he gets out of AA and drives drunk and crashed into a fence which impaled him in the stomach. Still survived but he isn't doing anything with his life.

Then recently. There was 2 girls I was seeing. One accused me of playing her and then left me. I was bothered but not too much as I liked the other girl more. Then the one I was left with ended up playing me then ditching me. I found out she was sleeping with others while sleeping with her.

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but it does make me wonder if karma is real.

• 28d

Thanks for most helpful guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, I just think good and bad things happen to everyone. Regardless of who you are and who you've wronged

If karma does exist then she certainly is a Bitch because she doesn't always let us watch her in action. I mean... we want to see those who wronged us get their comeuppance 😠we don't always 😂

What Guys Said 44

• When I think of karma, I always feel "Good things happen to good people" - From what I know of you on GaG, you are a good/nice person. You are attractive with a warm personality and smart as well. The impression I always got is that you are your own harshest critic. Think about your family/friends and the reasons they love/like you then maybe you will realise that you have an awful lot going for you.

• karma is absolute. the best explanation of it comes from the 2nd chapter of the Lotus Sutra, where the "10 factors" explain how life (ie you) and environment (ie everything around you) interact.

the key issue to note is that behaviors, or actions, and words have no weight. ie "stealing" is not wrong or right for example. But rather, that the nature OF a cause (thought, word, deed) determines the nature OF the effect (what happens in your life as a result) and that they are perfectly equal.
    Karma is a law, like gravity, not an entity as some seem to think. Karma is essentially self created destiny and relies on motives. Thus stealing is fine if your intent is positive. Just as killing might be moral-defending your own life or that of another being one intent perhaps that would show this.

• I dont believe there is a force that goes around rewarding good and punishing bad. I do however believe in cause and effect. So if you are always a shitty person with a negative outlook, then it increases the odds of bad things happening to you.

karma IS cause and effect. that's why it's represented by the lotus, which is the only flower (i believe) that seeds and blooms at the same time... thus the absolute law of cause and effect.

and it's not a force, it's a law.

@feminismisnarcissism
      Ok, but some people do talk about it like its a force or entity

• I'm not superstitious so I don't but just for the lulz I try to go about with my day by assuming that it does exist. Makes things easier. And more fun.

• I believe the universe is random and all things come to an eventual entropy. Meaning along the way bad shit will randomly happen to you whether you are good or bad.

~WRECKED

• No. Western interpretation of eastern religious concepts are often wrong. Karma as in budhism is not a revenge device. If you do evil in your life you will receive evil in the next budhism says. Karma has nothing to do with your current life contrary to what many westerners believe.

of course it does. in buddhism all 3 time periods (past, present, future) are contained in the present moment. karma effects this moment, this life, and the circumstances for your next life.

The lotus sutra is not western and it's the most thorough explanation of karma, in the Hoben (2nd) chapter.

we can agree on that. Most religions get proven more and more wrong over time. Buddhism continues to be paralleled by psychology and other sciences as true...

@feminismisnarcissism i am aware of that.

• In a sense yes but not the definition layed down by the Hindu where such thing like certain things would generate more karma.. I believe in the foundation of it which is one action would lead to a consequence whether it's good or bad. So think before doing any decision.

• Yeah. It'll bite you in the a$$.

• Yes, very firmly.

You get the consequences of what you put out, and its not always apparent. But you get what you have coming every time. Good or bad.

• What did you do to others to deserve that? :o

(I don't believe in it by the way... )

• Yes I believe in Karma.(1) Whatever we put into the Universe will come back to us (2) Life does not happen by itself , we need to make it happen.

• Nope, I do not

• I don't believe in karma.

• Sure I do

• I do. Also, it makes me feel better to imagine that shitty people get what they deserve

• In some cases it takes time to manifest making one to doubt it's existence, but I do believe one way or the other it's gonna present itself in us according to our dealings

• What goes around, comes around. What goes up, must come down. Yes I do, it revolves around everything in my opinion, like cause and effect and action and consequences.

• 😂 well your not exactly Jeffrey Dahmer dude you're not a bad person 🙂 And no I don't believe I'm Khama the best days of my life I was an ass the worst I was on my best behavior 😂 🙂 I hope you feel better fam

• not really

• karma is a joke

• I want to believe in it

• nope.

• What is it that you did makes you believe in Karma?:/

I genuinely believe in Karma! Good or bad!

• Oh yeaaaa... Give and you shall receive. Equal measure, baby.

• No, because I'm Dr. Krieger (a clone of Hitler) and my life is great.

• No, I don't. I have seen those who have hurt others not get punished for their sins.

• I do not. I make my own fate

• yes i do

• Yes. Do good things, and it makes you happier, hence good things will come your way.

• I somewhat believe in karma.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 10

• No. You may be a good person but bad things always happen to you.
    You may be a bad person but good things always happen to you.
    That's life. Sometimes it's shitty. Sometimes it's great. Life is unfair. There is no such thing as karma. Get over it.

• No since a lot of bad people never get what they deserve.

• yes obviously, because the meaning of karma refers to spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual..

• Nope.

• I don't know.

• Most definitely. But it's hard to have conversations about things that defy logic and common sense.

• Well, my life mostly sucks so yeah maybe.

• Yep.

• Yea I do. Good karma and bad karma

• It makes sense when you think about it.