What did your past relationship teach you?

Most Helpful Girl

• My last relationship taught me how to love myself and stand up for myself and refuse to tolerate any form of abuse or disrespect.

Most Helpful Guy

• They taught me that relationships are a waste of time, efforts and emotional energy, and a life of solitude is better in every way.

What Girls Said 11

• That people can look you right in the eyes and tell you they love you and not mean it.

I must be the most naive person in the world, because up until that happened I legit didn't think someone would do that to another person. Those three words should not be thrown around like confetti. They shouldn't just be said if you are not 100% sure you love a person. It's one of the cruelest things.

• I have learned that not everything is my fault. Communication can make or break a relationship. And you need to make time for each other. Trust and having faith is important.

• Aahhh... that karma will always come back and bite you in the @ss if you don't play nice.

• A bunch of things about myself and how I react to men I date.

• 1) Don't stay if the relationships always turns toxic. Don't keep forgiving people. Establish lines.
    2) Be more selective when choosing a partner.

• That I have no idea how to date!

• never date younger guys

• To not be so naive

• That I needed someone more emotionally available.

more realistic and driven...

• That which is expected still hurts the same.

• That i trust way too easily...

What Guys Said 14

• it taught me
    this was my focus and I had to study it out
    now I know the real rules
    http://kingofwallpapers.com/bible/bible-021.jpg

Enlighten me

okay i"ll give you one rule to start with,
      no where in the bible does it say
      that when a man and women separate
      she is allowed to keep the child for herself
      and push the father away, no where
      its mandatory for the father and mother to raise the child not just send a check

the same thing goes for the father, he can not take the child away
      only under physical abuse is the person allowed to separate

and of course GOD gives rules on how to raise kids

now if the father or mother take the child away its considered kidnapping
      and the mother or father is allowed to kill them and take the child away

or forgive them its there choice at that point
      but that's just one of the many rules

• Too much to boil down to one. Some good, some bad. Before my last relationship I was pretty much just hooking up with a few girls for like 2 years. My relationship with her ahowe

Accidental submittal.

Showed me I'm still capable of feeling intense love for one girl again that felt pure. 100% trust. First girl the idea of marriage didn't freak me the fuck out. Showed me maybe getting married young wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Taught me what good communication really looks like. How important sharing what you feel in a respectful manner really is for the relationship. Really there was mostly good lessons. The things I learned from hard mistakes was 1. If you go long distance you need a timeline for when it ends. 2. Don't let external shit get in the way of what matters most. 3. Even if you're hurt, taking a step forward to make a gesture towards making up is better than letting the problem fester. Basically, don't go to bed angry.

• Listen to your head as well as your heart

• 1. Breakups can happen without her giving a reason.
    2. Promises are totally useless. The word means absolutely nothing.
    3. You need to have a contingency plan for a relationship breakup, otherwise, the breakup is going to hurt you real hard (which it did, in my case).

• Don't do it ever again.. just say no. Lol

• boundaries, red flags, about psychopaths and how sexist and evil feminism is in the judicial system.

• Don't do online dating with crazy girls.

• To always guard my heart and not love as much as I can.

• That I love older women

• What I already knew... if a woman is dating me, she wants something. Because it's obviously not me.

• To not trust everyone

• Always have as much sex as you possibly can before breaking up lol.

• it taught me to keep my head... when i started feeling love, i lost my brain and started doing dumb shit

• I've never been in one lmao. But I've learned to appreciate myself and that I'm worth a lot more than my looks