Before I list out my reasoning, Muhammad is who Muslims worship, use as a role model and believe is a messenger from God.
- In the Quran, it says that Muhammad beheaded 1000 jews from beni Quraya with his own hands.
- Ordered the execution of people who did not believe in Islam (Infidels)
- Ripped a woman in half for disagreeing with him.
- Married a babygirl breast feeding from her mother and had sex with her when she turned 7 (he was much much older)
- Ordered his son to divorce his wife, so he can sleep with her.
These facts are not wrong because they are in the Quran.
So, please tell me, does this make Islam inherently bad.
I want to have a discussion so please do not make this about emotions or feelings. Use Logic.
Most Helpful Girl
Lots of those things are found in the Sunnah or Tafsir. Anyway:
These things alone don't make islam inherently bad. There are historical figures who have done the same or worse. But the difference is they are kept in history. Whereas he, is to be patterned for all eternity. That's the first.
Notice it says "pattern." I admit, that Mohammad done some good things. But his pattern was always this: kind when numerically or politically weak, ruthless when strong.
Shaikh Abdullah Faisal, in his book 100 Fabricated Hadiths makes a point of this pattern: "However, the best method for spreading Islam is jihad and not da'wah. Thus the Holy Prophet (s. a. w) spent thirteen years in Makkah giving da'wah and only approximately one hundred people embraced Islam. But when he (s. a. w) entered Makkah with military might and Shawka (power) two thousand took their Shahadah in one day."
Second, is that islam strictly forbids any criticism or it or its prophet without an earthly punishment. Especially of it's prophet. Islam must sound good at all time and at all costs. This is enforced through the society. The complete lack of criticism is worst than the first.0