Is Islam inherently bad for these reasons?

Before I list out my reasoning, Muhammad is who Muslims worship, use as a role model and believe is a messenger from God.
Facts are:
- In the Quran, it says that Muhammad beheaded 1000 jews from beni Quraya with his own hands.
- Ordered the execution of people who did not believe in Islam (Infidels)
- Ripped a woman in half for disagreeing with him.
- Married a babygirl breast feeding from her mother and had sex with her when she turned 7 (he was much much older)
- Ordered his son to divorce his wife, so he can sleep with her.

These facts are not wrong because they are in the Quran.
So, please tell me, does this make Islam inherently bad.
I want to have a discussion so please do not make this about emotions or feelings. Use Logic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lots of those things are found in the Sunnah or Tafsir. Anyway:

These things alone don't make islam inherently bad. There are historical figures who have done the same or worse. But the difference is they are kept in history. Whereas he, is to be patterned for all eternity. That's the first.

Notice it says "pattern." I admit, that Mohammad done some good things. But his pattern was always this: kind when numerically or politically weak, ruthless when strong.

Shaikh Abdullah Faisal, in his book 100 Fabricated Hadiths makes a point of this pattern: "However, the best method for spreading Islam is jihad and not da'wah. Thus the Holy Prophet (s. a. w) spent thirteen years in Makkah giving da'wah and only approximately one hundred people embraced Islam. But when he (s. a. w) entered Makkah with military might and Shawka (power) two thousand took their Shahadah in one day."

Second, is that islam strictly forbids any criticism or it or its prophet without an earthly punishment. Especially of it's prophet. Islam must sound good at all time and at all costs. This is enforced through the society. The complete lack of criticism is worst than the first.

Thats the issue. If I criticize your book or ask questions or point out versus that I do not agree with, you people feel that I will be cast away to hell. In some parts of the world I'd be executed. The point is, your prophet has done many bad things. And there are many people in the world to day who not only defend that but are trying to recreate the past.

Definitely insidious. Those two reasons are the main reasons muslim communities generally become more conservative and problematic as they get bigger, rather than assimilate. I'm not muslim, by the way.

You are right.
      For example in Saudi Arabia they will execute you if you are seen practicing Christianity.
      This is wrong and creating terrorism

Most Helpful Guy

• islam is a horrible religion because of what is found in the quran... show me one case in which a jew or a christian praised jesus right before killing somebody. you can't because it doesn't exist

lol my man.
      +1 from me

Please comment to the guy above who claims he is disproving me.

im not going to get involved.. I've debated so many muslims in my short life and i get nowhere.. you have your facts straight so dont even worry about him

What Girls Said 6

• Islam isn't inherently bad in itself. A lot of what is written in Islamic scriptures could be argued to be extremely sexist/oppressive but.. alas, it's not Islam that carries out any sort of acts inspired by such teachings. It's people who are fucked in the head and just so happen to use Islam as their alibi/inspiration.
    (Nonetheless it's hard to not hold all that shit against Muslims at least a tiny bit as, statistically... as a religion, they aren't the safest bunch. Islam in itself, is not 'wrong', though.)

Redirection! a very nice arguing tactic. Highly Illogical, but appears to be relevant. Very nice.

• What are you even saying. Give me actual things from the quran and hadith rather than silly anecdotes. Execution of kaffir only happens in the context of war where everyone was trying to kill and supress islam which forced him to flee. The prophet married aisha when she was 9, not 7. Not that it's any better but a pedophile is hardly a description when his *true* love Khadija died years before because she was much *older* than him. The rest aren't even close to facts.

• all the facts are not in Quran.
    where the hell you got these ridiculous info?

• Islam is a religion of peace not terrorism.

• Say what now. Where in the Quran does it say this? Lmao. Wtf...

Have you read it?

You can buy an English translation in any bookstore.

The Quran isn't only in Arabic XD. And yea, like I totally read it at school or got it from school. A Muslim friend of mine gave me a Quran to read last summer (yes, I like to read during the summer, don't judge) because I was curious. And what does my age have to do with anything?

• Muslims don't worship Mohammad. They think he's a prophet who shares the word of God. Big difference.

Anyway, there is a lot of odd stuff in religious texts. It's hard to find one that's even "pure" since they've been interpreted and translated so many times. Much RELIGION (not faith) is dependent on the person wielding it.

Muslims do worship him.
      They believe his the purest and greatest prophet who came.
      Either way, they use him as an example and leader.
      At least jesus himself (not the people around him) didn't commit murder, theft or spoke words of hate.

The klan formed in order to keep society segregated. They never killed anyone in the name of Jesus.

How about 3,000 people being slaughtered in the Inquisition? How about the brutality during Catholic and Protestant wars in Europe? How about the pogram type harassment of Catholics in 1800s America, where there were murders and burning of property? Yeah, these things are older but a representation of how Christianity got ugly in times of financial and political instability which is now being suffered in the Middle East.

Religion is used unjustly as a tool for power again and again throughout history. And also a tool for charity. It's the people who are the problem.

What Guys Said 12

• Just like Christianity and other religions based on the Bible:
    Total number killed by God in the Bible
    - Using biblical numbers only: 2,821,364
    - With estimates: 25 million
    dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.be/.../...-bible.html

• You'd think anyone with an ounce of common sense would see the "Prophet" for what he was.

• This is hard to discuss on site like this. Many will ask which part of the book does say these things and others will tell you Islam in not inherently bad.
    You did read the book and have the fact, use your own logic and keep the information for your self. Of course you can share what ever you want but know that the fact you already have are true and the people still doing the same and even worse. I was born christian in a middle eastern country, i grew up with them and know how they think and till this day i never trust them, never will, i can be wrong am not a perfect man but it's my choice. My people got raped and slaughtered in the name of Islam, i was beaten so many times because of my religion and woke up in an ambulance few times. Logic? What is logic for you?

• I read the Qu'ran and never found any of those things you are claiming. Please tell me which Chapter and verse they are in. If you are correct, then you should have no problem telling me where I can find them.

The fact you don't give any kind of cite to verify, is indicative that it's a bunch of BS.

• LMFAO non of these things are even in the quran and this bullshit never happened and I don't need a reply for you because apperntly you're reading another book besides than the quran

• 90% of is bad.

• Of course it's bad. Everyone knows that.

• God rarely chooses perfect people for his messages

• No, your question just implies you knows nothing about nothing

Didn't even read the Quran

• Is it worth anything?

• islam, extremism is BAD. people who aren't to the extreme, are good

• Logic... Do you honestly believe that those are true? Just by saying it comes from the Quran doesn't mean it's true. Islam is against every single thing you mentioned above. Maybe if you actually read the Quran and didn't cherry pick verses, you'd realize that. Leviticus says to publicly stone all those who blasphemize. Does that make the entirety of Christianity bad?

Its not whether I believe or not brother.
      Its IN the book. I've read the Quran.
      I am not here to defend any other religion.
      If you do not know this, you didn't read the book. You are only listening to your imam or shakh

Fighting a war because Muhammad ordered them to take over Mecca, take the woman and children and steal.
      I'm done talking to you because you're an idiot

You mean you're done talking because you know you're making outrageous claims and I have continued to disprove you over the past hour.