Is the main purpose of falling in love sex?

like sex and reproducing is the only reason we seek partners?

Most Helpful Guy

• Naturally, it is.

Purpose is another word we humans make up about the world around us. The fact of the matter is that no matter who we have sex with or love, it will not make the universe better or worse.

So what is best you have to decide for yourself

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the romance part, from an evolutionary standpoint, is not only for sex, but for the result of sex, offspring. Being in a committed relationship (usually bound by "love") means that your partner will stick around after the deed to take care of and help ensure the survival of your offspring.

What Guys Said 24

• No I disagree with that statement

• No offense your highness, but I'm tired of all these love vs. sex questions. I've shared my opinion to a hundred people, and they all think I'm a super cheesy do-gooder. I almost absolutely never ever see anyone aside from me on the internet speaking for God and/or having the same opinion as Him. And every time I say what I say, I say it politely and never with hate or disrespect. But it just keeps happening again and again.

• I don't think so, sex is a way of feeling good in a relationship... but not the main purpose. The main purpose is to be happy together :D

• Why not? Sex is one of the most important reason. Other reasons add up to the cause to fall in love. it's like saying , that getting a seat on a plane is more important. Other facilities like executive class , business class , VIP treatment , etc are add on benefits.

• No - Hopefully falling in love completes the circle for a couple

• Yea it sucks to be concious about these kind of things lol. Sometimes I think it would be easier if we weren't so smart. Well most of us anyways.

• Well obviously it isn't for gay people. Right?

• You'll understand it someday.

• love Is the reason.

• wouldn't say the only reason but its more than half, why do you think guys want attractive girls? not for cooking thats for sure.

• Essentially.

• lets put it this way if sex didn't feel good no one would do it.

• ehm, no lol but it's an important part

• No the main reason for falling in love is so that you can grab her by the pussy.

• No, even asexual people have romantic relationships

• Nope, just because someone sex with you doesn't mean they love you.

• Sex is a perk with companionship being the goal.

• Not strictly no

• No. The main purpose is to keep the two adults together to have a better chance of successfully raising offspring.

• Not Really, i mean you can just masturbate no one would ever need a partner that way, When you fall in love with someone, first that comes in your mind is not to have sex with this person. but to love he, r kiss her, stay with her, Basicly to own her

• Scientifically yes, if there's any "purpose" to life it'd be to evolve by banging the smartest, best looking chick with perfect teeth and producing top quality kidz.

• And an ally for survival, recently for psych health too

• Doubt it

• basicly yes, and in addition to grow your children.

What Girls Said 7

• nope falling in love is like you know you have someone who feels the same about you

• In a biological sense yes. Otherwise you achieve companionship with the opposite gender

• Nope. But it sure helps keep partnering fun.

• No, it's not.

• Life and love is the reason. Whether it's creating life to love (children) or having someone who loves you enough to take care of you when you're old, both are big parts of life and both can come from falling in love. You fall in love with the person you want to spend your life with. What you want to do with that time is up to you. For me, sex will certainly be part of it because I'm very affectionate and I want children. As for the twilight of our lives, he may take care of me or I may take care of him or we both may take care of each other but I just really hope to find someone to be happy with for a long time even after we're physically able to have sex.

• Not necessarily. It depends on how you see it.

• Technically? But the feeling is true :)