Does the father need the mothers consent to see or hold the baby in the hospital after birth?

just wondering really

does the father need the mothers consent to see or hold the baby in the hospital after birth
like legally if the mother says he cannot see or hold the baby will the hospital make him leave or something and is the hospital allowed to tell the father anything about the baby like medically without the mothers consent after birth and before they leave the hospital

i would like to know if it is different for both married and unmarried in terms of legal rights thanks

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• If you show up as a couple and the father is in the room being born, they simply assume he can hold the child, they don't ask the mother.

If you as the mother say you don't want him there and don't want him near the baby, I suspect that will be observed. As for telling him anything about the baby, it depends if the mother is acknowledging that he is the father or not.

0|0
    0|0
    • 27d

oh do you have kids by any chance

• 27d

I do.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he signed the birth certificate nope he doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

oh really as in the uk you sign the birth certificate after you leave the hospital

What Guys Said 5

• I think hospital will favour the mother in all cases, she is the patient. The father has no legal rights until name on birth cert or he can prove baby is his.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Oh ok i was just wondering was all does being married change anything but i will admit it is just wrong not letting a normal loving father see or hold his baby after birth and making him wait is wrong

• Unless he's a genuinely evil diabolical monster, why would any mother not let a man see his child? The child is just as much his as it is hers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably depends whats on the paper work
    But women and children is such a huge double standard that he probably wouldn't be able to see the kid
    Idky the woman would do that tho... i would divorce her

0|0
    0|0
  • No he dont need to

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

what do you mean that be does not need consent or that he does not neet to know

• 1mo

sorry need to know

• 1mo

consent he is the father after all

• No, the father has equal legal rights.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!