Who was the creepiest neighbor you ever had?

Mine is the lady across the street who picks imaginary weeds all summer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this creepy neighbor that lived across the street from me. He lived with his son and daughter in law. They have 7 little rug rats running around. So he is the grandpa of those little kids. His name was Tom. He looked like the guy off of the Lovely Bones. He had coke bottle glasses and a creepy smile. I knew his daughter because we would hang out together. Well everytime we (me and my sister) would go outside he would open his front door and watch us. Then close his door when we left. Then one time I had his daughter stay the night and he came over and was hitting on my mom. He wouldn't leave til 11 at night. Then I went across the street to hang out with her and her dad (the creepy guy) made Kool Aid for us. He poured us some drinks and gave it to us. We drank it and it tasted weird. It didn't taste like Kool aid or watered down, or sugary Kool aid. I left after that. Months later he gets kicked out of the house. Never saw that creep again.

Most Helpful Guy

• The one I have right now, haha. He lives in the townhouse next door, he almost never leaves. Apparently he does security camera stuff in like courthouses or something? Whatever it is, he has like FOUR different security cameras installed into the front wall of the upstairs. I feel like I'm being watched every time I come or go, and I envision some battle station in his living room with all the different screens for each camera, haha. He actually just looks like a middle aged dork, I'm sure he's harmless, but the cameras are definitely creepy. Other thing is, he left a note in mailbox last year about noise protocol. He led off by thanking us for being his quietest neighbors in 11 years, and then told us the walls are not insulated and very thin, especially in the upstairs bedrooms, and he said he could hear "private conversations" late at night, which I read as "fucking", haha. So that's weird. Like what should we do, bro? No sex til one of us moves out? Fuck outta here😒 I mean, I don't think we get oddly loud, but I mean, it's not complete silence, you know? Yeesh. And then with the note, he included a second paper with the outlined rules because "sometimes Dave (our landlord) forgets to give them out to new tenants", except it's clearly been typed in the same font and spacing, and little telltale idiosyncrasies all over the place, so he obviously just wrote what he "wants" the rules to be. No noise after 10 PM, but the lease says 11. Furniture must have felt on the feet to eliminate the dragging noise. No running down stairs because "it sounds like a bass drum to your neighbor." No children playing outside (we have no kids, I'm sure he wrote this not specifically for us). No slamming doors or shutting them loudly. This whole laundry list that no landlord in the history of forever has come up with. The noise clause in our lease is wicked standard, just like "be respectful, keep loud noise down between 11-8", but this dude had his shit tailor-made, haha. I don't know, it's whatever, I've managed to avoid meeting him for two years so far. My girlfriend thinks he might have Asperger's or something, said they sometimes have hypersensitivity to noise. Not a huge deal, but I definitely got a laugh out of that note😂

What Girls Said 15

• We had this neighbour that dug an egg into one of our flower pots. We were so confused and asked one of our other neighbours what it was all about and he told us it was an old voodoo kind of thing where you bury an egg in someone's garden or flower pot to steal the family's happiness. (We assumed it was one of the neighbours that hate us).
    And once we had a box of cremated cats ashes sent to us, really don't know what that was supposed to mean but the cat's name as it said on the box was owned by the neighbours who hate us (for i have no idea what reason).
    We have no idea whats next lol, we're so creeped out. 😨😰

• When I was 14 I would walk home from school everyday. And every time I would pass this lady who would be out trimming the bushes on her front lawn. She would see me and stop to stare. Every single freaking time. And it creeped me out. But what got me was when she started following me home. And when she was following me home she would bring the hedges (or whatever you use to trim bushes) with her and I was terrified thinking she was going to murder me. When I went into my house she would just stalk the house for a couple seconds before going back. I eventually called the police and found out she was schizophrenic and was seeing me as her 12 year old daughter, who died a few years ago

• Awww, waffles, that's really sad but funny bc I'm messed up 😭
    Uhm, let's see... they haven't been creepy, just assholes or old people. One time a guy in the neighborhood followed me in his car though, I was maybe 11. I was afraid and rushed home.

• When I was younger we had a neighbor my mom caught kneeling under our kitchen window. When asked what she was doing, she said she was petting our cat, which was all the way on the other side of the back yard, lol.

• I didn't have any super creepy neighbors but my friend did. Every time I went to visit her, the apartment neighbors front door was always open, enabling anyone to see him regularly pleasuring himself on his sofa.

Oh that is terrifying! I had a similar experience when I was in college. I lived in a townhouse complex. And the guy across from my house would sit with the front door open, in his underwear! He would shout profanities at people and call women whores and other expletives. He would also argue with people who weren't even there. It was terrible, the police and EMS where there all the time. I hope he got the help he needed!

• I've never lived in a neighborhood where there was really anyone creepy. However every neighborhood I've lived in I've always been the crazy cat lady. I always make sure the stray pussy gets fed and loved.

• A lady next door to me used to be my moms best friend and I used to date her son. But now his father has custody because she went psycho and tried to strangle her coworker. She still lives next door to me and never comes outside, hasn't left the house in 3 years, her grass is completely overgrown, her dad pays for her mortgage and buys her food.

• A guy who was convicted of stealing computers and his brother who would always watch us through the window. Just standing there clearly. Super weird lol.

• A crackpot who never let his cat out of his apartment and never opened the windows. The entire corridor stank.

• Never had a creepy neighbour.

• I have a neighbor who hit on me...

and then I learned he was married with two kids. He's the same dude who argues with his wife every damn Sunday morning.

I suspect he beats her. Or she him. Or they both beat one another.

• Waffles why are you watching her violating her privacy in the public world Lol.

She's outside in the front yard.
      Everytime I leave the house she was there

• I had two creepy neighbors. One lived two doors down from my house to the left. It was a woman. The last time I saw her she had to be in her 50s. She had her hair cut short and dyed red. I never real name, but we always called her Ms. Baby-Doo. She was the meanest lady ever. She lived in the house by herself and spent most of her time smoking and cursing at me, my cousins, and the other neighborhood kids. She had some rose bushes on her front yard that she fiercely protected. If anyone dared to come near her flowers she cursed at them. She was a scary woman. There was another woman who lived two doors down in the opposite direction. She was about 60 or 70. She also lived alone. Her house was known for being a wreck. She lived there for years. It had an awful smell because her basement windows were broke and numerous cats, squirrels, mice, opossums, and other animals had crawled into her basement through the windows and had lived, pooped, and died in her basement. We used to see her come in and out of her job until one day she just vanished. There was never a moving truck, a for sale sign, and we never heard of a funeral. I don't know if she died or moved or what but she hasn't been seen for years.

• Carolyn, in New York City.
    Bad ass neighbor who even the cops had a pix hanging up in their precinct with, "Don't respond to this one's calls anymore, she is crazy."

People who pick imaginary weeds have a certain mental problem. Anyone smart knows it. Ignore it.

• mine is the guy that always came out on his balcony with binoculars and would watch me as i sun bathed in my swim suit during the summer. his wife would come out and scold him LOL

What Guys Said 15

• haha that is hilarious... and creepy. but a very funny image

i had a truly creepy neighbor. he was about 3 years older than me. he was this very tall but oafish guy who almost never talked. he didn't learn to ride a bike til 16. there was always something seemingly off about him, although i did make efforts to befriend him

then one day cops were sitting outside our house and when i asked them why they said they were doing surveillance on the house down the street. a few days later he was booked in a huge national child pornography ring.

creepiness confirmed

• I used to live next to this dude, would've been late 30's-Early 40's and he used to come home really late at night always by himself.
    He also had a cat and the cat was HUGE like the fattest cat you ever saw in your life, I don't know how it could walk.

Anyway, he was like a really quiet keeps to himself kind of a guy but one day he asked me if I could feed his cat because he was going somewhere for work. I think he was some sort of sales rep.
    So I said yes and he gave me his house keys and I asked him what time does the cat get fed and I joked "all the time right?" (cause the cat is fat) and then laughed but he didn't laugh, he just stared at me for a couple of seconds with his small eyes through his glasses and then goes "5:30. Cat food is kept in the fridge".
    Then he left after handing me the keys and I'm just thinking "what the fuck".

So of course when I went to feed sumo kitty, I tried snooping around his house for traces of creepy gayness but found nothing! His place was emaculately kept with absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
    Which is a little weird in of itself if you ask me.

• Mine is an upstairs 40-something single woman who lived with her aging mother. My dad and I had to already twice now help bring said mother down to the street to load her in the ambulance (aging and all).

The weird thing is, despite the fact that she lives with a mother who's well over 70 and is probably already on her deathbed (if not dead already, I dunno), she still from time to time blasts loud EDM. I just don't get it.

• I once had some old lady who her like a massive doll collection, I mean like hundreds of the things, all in the windows and everything.

• I don't know how to describe my next door neighbor... He's just weird. Also this 1 other neighbor who lives on the other end of the street that I have never met

• Never had a creepy neighbor per se, but I had a weird neighbor who was very strict and protective about his lawn and he'd even tell us how to take care of our lawn. It's like wtf, this isn't your property.

• Probably the accused pedophile next door who got arrested in front of my unit. The wife was horrified.

• A piece of shit child molester.

• They're anonying and in my business by that I mean they are to close?

• Mine was this woman would have full fledged arguments with her cat... not as in telling it off, i mean like this...

"How dare you! ... me? no, no no fuck you! make your own food then... what- how could you say that?"

• Mine is my neoghbor. He screams at what i think is his wife but she died a some time ago.

• Probably the alcoholic scum a few houses down

• One time my friends were walking in our neighborhood, and there was a guy just sitting in front of his window staring outside. We came back several hours later, and he was sitting in the exact same position

• One of my neighbors throws imaginary bags of trash into the dumpster.

• A family just across the road. The son committee suicide, the father was paralyzed, the mom died mysteriously, the poor girl will never know that her mom had cancer.
    Tragic...