If humans colonized Mars in your lifetime, would you move to Mars?

Let's say that it is very secure and safe, and the people who go to live on Mars are strictly regulated. i. e. no or significantly few criminals and really stupid or untalented people (don't worry if you're a criminal or really stupid or untalented, you got a pass for you and your family).

People live in underground facilities or in large surface domes with plants and trees and flowers and such. Basically like a giant apartment complex, except you'll never get to go outside and explore the great outdoors. At least not in the traditional sense. Humanity expanded upon scientific outposts and began to make civilian housing. Let's say the population of Mars currently is 2,500,000.

The long-term goal would be to terraform the planet but come on that's not going to happen in your lifetime.

• Hell yeah, call me a Martian!
  • No way, I'm an Earthling.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd vist there first. I'd go for a vacation. Then I might decide to live their if it's fun and a better place to live than earth 😈

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yes, the barrier to entry would probably be fairly costly which would almost certainly weed out all the low IQ's and useless shits. Would make for a pretty nice place to live I'd wager.

I resent the idea that only those with high IQs have money. While there is a positive correlation between academic performance and being born into money, this doesn't mean anyone without money is both low IQ'd and "useless shits". You are denied entry into the hypothetical Mars colony.

Lol. Touche sir. xD

lol :)

What Girls Said 4

• I'd build a beautiful house there and have vacations while still living on Easrth. It is wayy too beautoful to leave forever.

• People have done damaging Planet Earth so of course they would look for somewhere else "to live" instead of fixing what's wrong to make the world a better place. SMDH. 😂😂😂

You're kind of stupid huh.

@Asker Me? Lol that's the truth. And I won't tolerate you insulting me.

@Asker Why people search up a new planet to live in? To damage it again? Well they DAMN KNOW we can't live anywhere else than Earth

• Nope, I'll stay my happy ass here.

• Nah, thanks. I'm good down here on earth. 😂

What Guys Said 14

• Depends. What do Martian girls look like? :)

Rather green and sickly unfortunately. They have two vaginas though.

• No, I see absolutely no reason to. I don't think the people that said yes would actually take the opportunity if it comes

• Fuck no! Summer is barely above freezing. Even if colonized you would still have to go outside in a space suit. Gravity would have to be adjusted inside of our little stations. The food would be terrible! Oh yeah, there is no atmosphere, which means no water..

• Terraform it for future generations? And likely be subjected to the same laws and bullshit that are the reason I'd like to leave this world in the first damn place?

Hell no.

• Hmmm... perhaps. Wait a minute! People who live on Mars are strictly regulated? Um... no!!! I refuse to be regulated by someone who is not me and doesn't know my history.

Try your hand at reading once more.

You calling me stupid?

I'm saying that you were, in this once instance, bad at literacy.

• If I was asked if I wanted to go to Mars at this point in my life then I would decline. Maybe once I reached 50 or 60 years old I would consider it

• No, I dont want to taste something new now at least.

• Nah im good here.

• I'd visit but it'd be be boring up there.
    I don't want to live in a lifeless wasteland

• Not a fan of living in a desert..

• Would I get a jetpack?

• If I can get a girl at least from Mars

• Maybe visit but that's it