Does this meme not apply to anyone else?

I see memes that say something like this all the time. I am a very direct person, if I say I need to be alone, you'd better leave me the hell alone. If you don't, I will be severely annoyed. Is this true for anyone else? I can't be the only person who is very direct.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, when I say that, I really want to be left alone

I feel the same way. It really annoys me because my mom is a psychiatrist and always thinks that when I say I want to be alone, that must be code that means I want to be surrounded by loved ones. She gets offended when I reiterate that I want to be alone.

@ginny_weasley

She has to learn that she can't. But it sounds like an over protective mother thing. And she shouldn't push you to tell her things. That's not an effective way to make somebody open up. Plus it's not fair to you if you dont want to say anything.

lol "You're bothering me"

Most Helpful Girl

• These are only for the hopeless romantics on tumblr. I'm just like you, leave me the hell alone, or face my wrath.

What Guys Said 11

• I play it by how I feel; if I know someone well enough, I know when I can say something and when I can't. And if I don't know them well enough, my default is to not say anything, so it works.

• I know what you are saying - Sometimes I have felt like that

• It was probably made by an immature girl who likes to play head games.

• Im usually left alone anyways. But I can say there are times when im pissed or mad that people should leave me alone.

Trust me I have thought about punching people who annoy me. But I never have andnever will

• I understand you totally. I'm very kind but I'm indeed just as blunt

• this is the biggest problem i have with women; for some reason, they can never just say what they mean... come on women, just say whats on your mind

I must be in the minority of women who are very blunt.

ok so if you say that without actually wanting them to leave you alone, then that means you aren't direct

No, I've gotten used to them asking me more than once if I want to be alone. I lose my patience around the 4th or 5th time. My mom is a psychiatrist and thinks that when I say I want to be alone, that is code for something.

• Wtf kind of meme is this

• You are totally right and I agree with you. That quote is for attention whores. Most normal people think like you and me

• I've never said that, but if i did, I would probably mean it

• Leave me alone

• Not extremely often, I usually enjoy being alone

What Girls Said 8

• If I tell my man to leave me alone and he says something like that I would physically throw him out of my house. When I tell someone to leave me alone it's for their own safety.

• This meme doesn't apply to me, when I say leave me alone I mean it. But other times I can be a bit misleading because I don't know how to express myself and I honestly feel like emotions make you weak. So, 50/50

• Honestly I'm sometimes confusing.
    When I say "oh nothings wrong" I want you to ask again lol. Or if I tell you to leave me alone I want you to stay and comfort me. I hate myself for it lmao 😭🔫

I understand. I am writing an article for the newspaper I am interning at, I chose to a letter to the boy who loves me next. I'm having difficulty explaining that I am guarded but blunt and say what I mean.

Oh so your very direct

Yes, but I'm also guarded. I think I explained it well. But I will go back and reread it and make sure it makes sense.

• When I say that I actually want to be left alone.

• I never want to be left alone, usually

• No I mean it if I say that to all people except my parents.

• A lot of my Facebook friends share this and I'm just like... no.

• Well no, sometimes I DO want to be left alone.