Is it allowable to wear a Marines Hoodie if you are not a marine, more if you support them?

I am 14 and plan to Enlist in 4 years after I have time to think.

• It's fine.
  • It's not Okay.
1mo I am 14 and plan to Enlist in 4 years after I have time to think. If you think it's wrong please tell me why not just mark it to be a troll.
1mo If you believe it's wrong, please explain why.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's totally fine. And supportive. You just don't wear their uniforms or medals Or get a semper fi tattoo.

Hey downvoter you want to explain to me why it's wrong for a 14 yo American boy to wear a Marines hoodie?

Most Helpful Guy

• You sure can. This is coming from a former Marine. The problems start to arise when you try and wear USMC dessert or woodland cammies which a lot of people do. It's disrespectful. You can message me with any questions bud.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• People wear "skater" fashion without actually owning a skateboard, I think it's fine so long as you don't pretend that you are in the military if you currently are not. There's a difference between wearing something because you like it or are in support of it and then wearing it because you believe you are it. Nobody likes a poser.

• Just don't wear their uniform. Hoodies and stuff like that is acceptable.

• Yes, it's fine. I can go into Oceana's NEX and buy anything I want (except for items from the uniform and insignia area) and wear it with no problem. As long as it's not a regulation uniform, it's OK for a civilian to wear.

• You can wear whatever you want... While Bush trampled Americans rights with the Stolen Valor Act of 2005, it has since been declared unconstitutional by the supreme court...

The law states that you can't claim that you are a war hero with the intent to obtain money, property or other tangible benefits. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a lying sack of shit that is trying to undermine the constitution and trample on your freedom.

You're fine dude, just remember that when you solemnly swear that you will support and defend the Constitution of the United States that you actually do that...