If an employer hasn't called you after awhile during an investigation should you call them?

Yup im still waiting. think its ok for me to call them?

1mo Word is official, im fired.

Thanks for all your answers

Most Helpful Girl

• I had answered this already for you. You must be posting it again.
    It's going to Take awhile, maybe 2 weeks, because they need to go into this Big meeting with Big Wigs "Upstairs" called "Corporate."
    If you don't hear Anything by Monday, call someone, even a Boss or Manager, and they will either Tell you to Talk to a certain Party with Permission in Corporate or they will Best assist you in this situation by telling You "We will let you know something soon."
    In the Meantime, if I were you, Look Online for Something else, just in case.
    Good luck. xx

Next Wednesday? Good, you took my advice. xx

Great then. You cannot depend on them to just "Drop it" so it is good you have a back up. xx

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence, @Toad-1, and hang in there with your Interviews. I just Posted about the Back up Plan. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Been reading these posts from you dude, and it's a rotten situation to be put in in the first place (having to upsell).

My answer depends on whether or not you are still working. If so, just carry on working, be the best employee you can be, let them see that you are worth keeping. If, however, you are home without pay and not working while they investigate, then yes, call them and say you are without earnings and need a resolution one way or the other.

What Girls Said 9

• You'll be hearing from them regardless. If they decide to fire you they'll contact you to alert you of your termination. If they decide to reinstate you they'll obviously have to call you to tell you to come back in.

If you were applying for a job and it was just the background check phase I'd say call them to let them know you're genuinely interested, but if it's a suspension and you call it could work against you. They may think you're pushy, or trying to influence the person you talk to.

• It's holiday hiring season. You can be easily replaced. I say go find another job BEFORE Target can legally say they fired you for "theft".

I have an interview with another employer next Wednesday. but i still hate waiting for an answer from Target.

Then you already have your answer. You're quitting if they don't fire you, so you are unemployed. If the new employer asks, you can tell them how Target threatened to fire you anyway if you didn't sell enough of these cards and that made you uncomfortable.

I already know what I'm doing if I'm still employed or not. I just wanted to know if calling them is ok or if somehow that isn't wise

• Hmm, how long has it been? If it's been less than 3 days, let it ride. Call them on the 3-5th day... but tbh I would look this up online because I'm familiar with this.

I'm sorry you got fired, learn from this and understand that Target was not your final place.

Already got two interviews lined up. Hoping I'm not unemployed for long

ayyyeee, see :)

• Man, I never knew you were pressured to meet a quota for Redcards - that bums me out about Target. 🙁

• Call to see what's going on. Follow up on it.

• Yes, it doesn't hurt to ask where they are in the investigation.

• Yes, you should.

• Yes I would call. It's unprofessional of them not to give you more details or some kind of timeline.

• Personally I would call.

What Guys Said 10

• You can call them, but you'll most likely only hear what you already suspect. They went with someone else.

• As long as you haven't called them since the investigation began, go ahead and call.

• I'd definitely give them a call! To get an update on the situation and see where I stand.

• I think it's okay.

• I would call them

• Trust me buddy you are done. Like well done if they can't find a reason why will get one.

• How long has it been?

• How long is a while... give them one full week then call

Sucks man
      But yea I'm not surprised. Hit the walmart next door lol

• yeah its ok to call them

• Absolutely

Don't you mean not hired? Get used to it. Job market is toughest in a really long time. Don't be discouraged.

I been here plenty before

A follow up is mandatory, usually a "thanks for taking the time to meet regarding the position, blah, blah, blah". An old fashioned letter, no internet slang, professional, polite, concise.