Why do people find it so hard to believe that a God exists?

and don't say because there's no proof. there is way too much proof to not think there's a God

but I just wanted to hear your guys's opinions and thoughts on it? I'm okay with whatever you believe in

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, it was because it doesn't add up. I believed in God up until I was 12. I went so Sunday school every Sunday and every Wednesday there was a church service as well. I also read my kids bible when I could. However, about grade 6 or grade 7 I started questioning what they taught in school and what I was learning in church. It just didn't add up to me, and I didn't think it made sense. I tried for years to still believe though because I wanted that faith. I felt as let down as I was when I found out there was so Santa or Easter Bunny.

Certain stories like Adam and Eve or God making the earth in seven days is what made me question it. Also, I remember everything we learned about dinosaurs and how old the Earth is estimated to be. After a while, it was too hard for me to believe anymore.

Also, with all the suffering in the world too. I hate when people say things like: "Oh an angel was watching over you," if someone survives an accident. Then I think about all the kids who die or starve to death. Where are their angels?

I honestly wish I could have faith like I did as a kid, but I just don't.

the earth is only a few thousands years
      and GOD created the dinosaurs
      GOD said all these bad things would happen the suffering in the world he gave us a heads up

Christmas and Easter are pagan religions nothing to do with GOD

Most Helpful Guy

• "there is way too much proof"

You obviously define proof very differently than the rest of us.

From my point of view, there is NO proof. None at all. Not even bad or not quite convincing proof. No proof.

Second, the world as we see it, is the work of a bored amoral designer at best, not a benevolent god.

Last, there are 200 trillion galaxies in the universe that we know of, and about 150 billion stars in each galaxy, with potentially habitable planets around most of them. And we're to believe that the creator of all that, gives a shit what happens on this blue speck 14 billion years after it all began? He cares what we do with our genitals? Really?

What Girls Said 5

• Because there's no compelling proof. I'm sorry, but I've had tons of people try and give me what they thought of as proof, but absolutely none of it was to me something that could only be explained by the existence of a god.

But besides that, which god should I even believe in? Humanity has believed in thousands of deities over the course of history, how can we possibly determine which one is the correct one?

And why should I believe in this god? Because otherwise I won't have a good afterlife? In that case, that God is incredibly unfair, because plenty of people are born into situations where they are not taught of certain deities or simply cannot convert to follow that deity. Do those people not get a good afterlife because they didn't have the opportunity to believe? I'm not following a god that makes rules like that.

• There's no proof. There's evidence to say that god exists but no proof.

• Ok so you'll accept any answer as long as it isn't..."there's no proof"?

• Because there's no scientific proof.

• because if he does he must have broke all of his promises.

What Guys Said 21

• The biggest achievement of Satan is convincing the world he does not exist. And Satan finds great pleasure in keeping people away from God.

I used to play in Christian Praise & Worship groups. Was the leader of three of them. I had a pastor one day warn me that I could easily become a target of Satan as all Satan had to do was get to me and by doing so he could affect the entire church congregation with his effect on my, no matter how subtle.

When I realized I was under Satan's attack I resigned as the leader of the Praise group. I gave up something I truly loved doing. And by doing so I defeated Satan's plan of using me.

Those who do not believe in God have never experienced both sides of God's love and Satan's evil with an open mind. I have. I am also a recipient of a miracle as I was cured of terminal cancer in 1998 by prayer alone.

There is absolutely no way anyone will every convince me there is no God or Satan.

• The standard reasons are because there is no physical evidence and because there is pain and suffering in the world. People will usually say, "if there's a god, why would he allow such things to happen. And if there is, why should we care because he clearly doesn't care about us".

And to be honest, I'm a Christian, but that's a reasonable argument for someone to dispute there being a loving God. It's not however a reasonable argument to claim there is no Creator at all. What's to say there wasn't a force that set things in motion and left to create other galaxies, only to check in every once in awhile.

Some people just need more proof. a lot of people won't ever believe without some kind of personal unexplainable event in their life or that of a loved one. Usually related to life and death. Also, it doesn't help that most Christians who try to convince others are only Christian, because their parents were Christians who raised them Christian. That's something that will actually push others further away from believing.

• this thread will get you nowhere, trust.

• Give me one logical proof that God exists.

• Logic and common sense make it hard to believe...

• The fact that you have to have faith to believe makes it pseudoscience
    If everything is predetermined then why would God create humans in the first place? Watch us suffer?
    Religion has been wrong SOOOO many times
    Corruption has run rampant through all religions
    Religion restricts daily life
    Humans are the only animals with a belief system like this.

• Well techically, you can't definitively prove or disprove the existence of a god.

• This is a controversial topic. People who have faith believe in God. People who don't have faith do not believe in God.

• Would you honestly believe anything that is fed to you by this World? That would be a huge mistake

In god we trust printed on US money should send shivers down your spine

• They lack the ability to have faith. I wonder why god does this. Or why he doesn't seek a relationship with non believers. They must have unrepentant sin, and is holding him back from it. God can't be around sin.

• there is no proof lol "there is way too much proof to not think there's a God" Give us some real proof than.

• Where he is?

• Can you not, religion always brings out the worst in people every time especially on gag

• There is no physical proof though, nothing I can see with my two eyes anyways.

• there's plenty of proof people just don't want a GOD ruling over them
    they are dumb on purpose

plus evolution has been put in there head since they where kids
    it's hard to break away from that lie

• No empirical evidence. If you can't proof something it's hard to believe it.

I'm secular because I believe in myself. That's pretty much why. I know right and wrong. I don't need religion to tell me that. Lol

• There isn't a single piece of evidence. If there is one, show me.

• why do people find it so difficult to believe in the greek gods?

• It's irrelevant to me whether there are deities or not, whether they exist or not. Do you expect all of us to believe or care that there are any gods? If it makes you comfy in this miserable cruel world, then follow any religion or belief system, but don't try and insist it is the one and only way or the right way for everybody that is here in this world.

• Many bad things happen that seem unjust like tornado killed 100 people and stuff and because of that unjust seeming thing they belive that God doesn't exist or God is reallly unjust and bad

• because they dont want to believe that there is a being that is much greater than themselves