Help my brother please?

Ok so my older brother was in our mom's Kia soul and he turned the wheel to the right without the key in and it made a click noise and I can see a screw on the right now but he can't move it back or turn the key how does he fix this shit?

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll need the key to unlock it but that's normal to happen if it's not in the ignition

Just turn wheel hard to the right while turning the key then release the wheel while the car is running, it's just bound up from turning it without the motor running to assist the steering

O thank thank you thank you thank you you are the best person ever

Thanks , I guess that did the trick👍

What Guys Said 9

• He has just engaged the steering lock. There is pressure on it now from turning the wheel and this is why the key won't turn. Just take the pressure off of the steering wheel lock by turning the wheel some more and giggle the key at the same time.

• Push and hold the brake with the key in, then you need to push the gearshift up into park, then turn the steering wheel the same way he was turning it, not much just about half an inch or less. This should release the safety he threw into place and the key should turn and then you can start car and return the steering wheel to its oroginal position. If this doesn't work it needs to go to the shop.

• Just put the key in and turn it while you're shaking the steering wheel left and right. You just locked up the stearing, happens to me all the time

Y did you say you I wasn't the dumbass that Did it he was 😂

• It just locked the wheel. It will be fine when you turn the car on.

• go to the garage with it.

• Don't drive your moms car..

• It will unlock once the key is in the ignition.

The point is it won't turn ONCE it's in the ignition

• say the alarm went off and he was trying to turn it off

• Turn the wheel to the right and start it while holding the wheel

What Girls Said 0