Why do men prefer shorter girls?

most of my life I've always been told i was to tall for a guy or not short enough... even by tall guys have said that my height wasn't attractive and that they wanted me to be shorter. most men assume to think that shorter girls are cuter and that they feel more masculine next to short woman when i say that mean like woman that arre 4'8-5'1

btws. im like 5'4,5'5 around there
but i think im still growing so i could end up being like 5'7-5'9

Most Helpful Girl

• At the moment you're still short (5'4 ft and 5'5 ft is not tall, it's short), if you happen to grow more then it's correct to consider yourself average height (5'7 ft) or tall (5'9 ft).
    To answer your question, you have no idea how many men out there prefer tall women or at least not necessarily prefer but still love tall women. I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed a lot of men on this site like & prefer tall girls. They see them as sexy, hot, exotic, and they're fascinated by their long legs. On the other hand, generally us short women we're only perceived as cute. Everyone has different preferences, you just happen to only come across men who say they prefer short women, and think most of them are like that. Wrong, a tall height is one of the beauty standards for both men and women. Being tall is a blessing. One of the main reasons why some guys prefer short girls is because they want to feel more powerful than their partner and that's about it. Others prefer taller girls because they find them irresistible. Take your pick, which one sounds better, your partner preferring your height because he feels more powerful than you or because he finds you irresistible? Just think about those 6'3 ft to 6'6 ft guys who would dream to be in a relationship with a tall girl.

What Guys Said 30

• I have had a preference all my adult life with women who are around 5 feet tall, slender with dark hair. Breast size never mattered. A few reasons I like smaller women is I can bottom out in their pussy when screwing them. They are light and easy to move around during sex. Their slender bodies comes with a slender ass. Very sexy. And my 7" cock looks absolutely huge in their little hands and in their mouth.

With that said I have dated taller women. In fact, the wildest lover of my life was around 5' 10" tall. She was the exception and I often wonder why I let her go.

• I don't think you'll grow more haha. I like shorter girls, i wouldn't mind if i ended up with a girl 5ft but 5ft7 and below is my preference. Fun to throw around and lift up

4 some reason that's all men seem to say" there easier to throw around"...

it's hard to put into terms. Try explaining why you like men and not women, it jus tis a natural thing

because it would be weird if i liked woman so...

• 5-4 is pretty average. Different guys have different preferences. I'm 5-8 and could happily date anyone from about 5-0 to 5-10. That's includes almost every woman in the world.

If you are over 18 there's no possible way you are going to reach 5-7. Girls generally stop growing around menarche. Boys can add an inch or two after puberty.

• Smaller, cuter, more fun to throw around, more mobile in bed. Sexual dimorphism is a thing in lots of species.

"More fun to throw around" lmfao do I even wanna know what that means

• Depends witch country your in im 6'1 so 5'1 might be a bit short for me i feel like the ideal height should be something where you don't get a crick in you neck looking at each other or need to stand on a step.
    my brothers long term girlfriend is about 3inches shorter than him so something like 5'10
    Being a bit taller might well be a dominance thing subcutaneously that or its just a cycle of its more common to see a taller guy and shorter girl so pepole think they should look for a taller guy/shorter girl?
    a shorter guy than girl can work though my aunt and uncle are 6'2 and 5'4 respectively.

Apologies for rambling on but its the internet and i'm mildly bored.

• 5'5 isn't tall to me. But I'm 6'1''. I like short girls, I like tall girls. I'd like to date a girl taller than me, it sounds sexy as fuck to me to think of how long and smooth her body is, her nice long legs and midsection... fucking yum! I want to date a thin girl taller than me just to see if my fantasies are true!

I'm sure lots of guys feel emasculated by a taller girl. But those guys are little bitches in my eyes anyways.

• I think that is just a stereotype - You just end up with the girl as a person not because she ticks a certain box

• You've been meeting the wrong guys, or you've been listening to what girls THINK guys want, or you're just remembering the negative things (a common human bias). It's about relative height for most guys: 5'7" is absolutely no problem for most guys who are 5'11" or above.

• I'm 6' 4" and prefer girls around 5' 9" because I'm still significantly taller than them but it's not as awkward as really short girls.

• I'm about 6'4". Historically speaking I've dated girls shorter than I, right around your height. I've dated two women that 6'. They were both nuts. Girl 1 wanted to get married and pregnant on the second date. Girl 2 lied about being married and then proceeded to demand all of my free time. She even lurked around my house even though she lived an hour away...

• Well I am 5'6, and I would date someone your height (provided that she didn't grow anymore).

Idc *how* short she is, as long as she is shorter than me.

• I prefer a girl who is shorter than me. This boils down to if you're 5' something you're good.

5'4" you're fine.

• i have no preference for height, it doesn't matter to me.

• I like girls taller than me

• 0|0
  • I have a WIDE height range (I think at least). I'm good from 4'11" to 5'8". by the way, I'm 5'4"

• More feminine, but too short is annoying

• I dont think you'll end up with 5'7-5'9 just don't be so dissapointed. Some guys just don't prefer short girls.

• thats not necessarily true.. while i dont dislike short girls, i really do love tall women.. i would love to be with a girl whos like 6'1 or 6'2

• tall girls are more attractive to me, different guys like different things mind=blown

usually insecure guys like short girls more

• I like short girls more attractive for me and ir matches more if the girl is rhe shorter im not very tall either 176cm

• Shirt girls are cute actually :-)

• They're easier to stuff into luggage...

• I like tall girls, tg there are plenty where I live🤗

• You aren't too tall. Maybe they are too short, you are seemingly above average

• Tall girls are sexy as fuck

• I really don't care about height in a woman. I care about body shape proportionate to height

• im 6.1 to 6.2
    so yeah you are short

• Nooo, they have to be at least my height.

• I'm 6 foot. I prefer girls 5'6" and under because at that height I can at least see over their head, which I like. But Ideally I think 5'3" is good because I can rest my chin on their head. The short the cuter. What's not to like?

What Girls Said 10

• You're either crazy or a Liar... where do you live in hobbit land? no man would ever say that unless you are aiming at dating short short men, and even then!! It's highly unlikely for an actual man to turn you down based on height. It's most likely something else they don't like about you.

okay you must have not read it all or correctly

I did. And your height would only really be considered tall amongst Latin communities or Latin countries where 5'5" is considered tall for women... in all others that is about average... and I general majority of men even short ones wouldn't say you're too tall... it opwould Benin gen minority if it were true at all...

It would be in the minority if men were to say that you were too tall...

Stupid auto correct :/

• You're fine. I know plenty of women your height who have no trouble in the dating world.

This site is not realistic to how people act in the real world.

true

I mean according to this site all men on here are buff, 6ft 3 and a 3% body fat. Honestly they are probably gamer nerds looking at porn and never had a girlfriend.

In the real world love doesn't work like that. My boyfriend never liked bigger girls, I'm the only one ever and he isn't into marriage or children but is considering both for me.

Ignore this website. It's honestly full of shit 👌

yup.

• If you are 18-24 years old.. you are finished growing. 5ft 5 isn't tall at all. My boyfriend is 6ft 2 and I am 5ft 2... a lot of guys short women. You should fit just perfect.

• What? Load of crap. I think those idiots are short. I'm 5'3, so what the heck does you being 5'4 or 5'5 have anything to do with it. That's average height for a woman. My late mother was 5'9. Thats a bit tall for a woman, and my dad is the same height a me!!! Those idiot are dumb. Leave them alone. This has to do with them being ignorant. Mature men will love you no matter what your height.

• Any guys who tell you to become shorter are stupid. 5'4-5'5 is not that tall, I'd say that's pretty average.

It's socially expected that most men are taller than women. When they are not they feel insecure about being a man. Real men don't care about height (although, it may play a factor it's shouldn't be a major one). You don't have to be insecure about your height; you will find plenty of people who will like it.

• I don't know man
    I am super short and sometimes I would rather be your height

• media.tenor.co/.../raw

I'm 5'9". I have been asked out by guys from 5'3" to 6'7". I've had over 50 first dates.

If a guy is not into you just because you're tall, time to find someone who isn't so insecure.

• 5'4" and 5'5" isn't that tall, just average height.

I think most dudes still like taller girls though some like ones that are short so they can pick on them.

• Then you live in Turkey lol 😂😂😂 You're not tall sweety, they are short

• Guys are easily intimidated. If you're as tall or taller than him, you'll make him feel less masculine and his instincts are feeling "she's bigger than me, I could never protect her".

If you find a guy that isn't insecure or a friggin cave man, no one will say you're too tall. I'm 5'7 and proud af. My ex was 5'7 and my current is 5'8. who cares.