Have you ever prevented a fight from happening?

When I was in high school, I restrained a big guy who was acting agressive. He thought I called his girlfriend a offensive name but it was someone else who called his girlfriend a bad name. I performed a joint lock on him to restrain him. After he calmed down, I released him of the joint lock. Nobody got hurt, it wasn't a fight. I prevented the fight from happening, I was acting in self defense. I don't pick fights with people because I have morals.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Multiple times; mainly at were I work. I had to restrain a kid (N) who was getting visible upset with another kid (B), who was being a little asshole. I restrained N and he agreed to move to another room, and then went up to B and told him that if he ever made fun of N's depression, ever again, that I was not restraining N.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was in high school there was this kid who started a gang and I kinda put him in his place which made it stop. I like to think I stopped a lot of fights from happening.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, when my wife and I first started dated, I had to stop her from beating the hell out of her sister. Looking back with 20/20 vision, I should have let her do it. ;-)

• A couple of times yeah.

• Did that to my friend once in the middle school preventing him from getting his ass kicked

• Many times. I used to be a bouncer.

haha.. you have a shitty job?

Boy? not really. though as in school, i don't see how i can "earn as much as you can in a week". stay as a bouncer, old man.

@hamsandwich I was a bouncer before you were born fool. during my college years. Maybe you spend more time with your schoolbooks and less time arguing with your elders, you too can get into uni.

• I tried to. It didn't work.

• yes its a good thing to do actually? i prevented me and a girlfriend being robbed at knifepoint once! the guy pulled it out and i said listen mate we have had a great night and your ruining it and i hope you know how to use that knife cos if not your fuckin dead! lol he ran off bit silly of me really

• I think a very long time ago in church youth group of all places, there was a heated argument and I just stood in between the kids and calmed thing down.

• Quite a few, mostly at work. 4 months isolated with the same few guys and tempers tend to flare.