Do you think bitterness is sad or pathetic?

I know I many times laugh and make fun when people are bitter, like men and women bitching about each other just because of their gender, and assuming everyone is the same (common thing in GAG), but I do actually think it's kind of sad and feel bad for those people.
I may be kind of an asshole sometimes, but thinking there's so many people who have completely given up on great things, makes me feel bad for them, but I can't really do anything, since it's all up to them to be bitter, or think reasonably.

So do you feel bad for those who are bitter, or do you think they're pathetic losers... or maybe both?

• I feel bad for them
  • I don't care about them, it's pathetic
  • It's pathetic, but I also feel bad for them
  • I'm bitter

Most Helpful Guy

• Should've put Vote E for "I troll them, laugh at, and then feel sorry for them."

What Girls Said 11

• I think it's a waste of time for them to be bitter. They're ruining their own happiness over something that isn't 100% true.

• I feel bad for them tbh :/

• Gonna go with the last option. Sometimes, it's just sad or pathetic. Other times, it's both.

• I usually feel bad for them, but most of them can't be helped.

• It's pathetic but also sad. Mostly pathetic though.

• I think it's both sad and pathetic.

• you meant you re always an asshole :P hahaha
    and fr em it s both

• I'm a bitter person

• it's sad.

• they're better off redirecting that bitterness to improving themselves

• It's pathetic. Don't feel bad for them

What Guys Said 12

• If they are constantly and always blaming somebody else for their problem and take zero responsibilities for their part and did absolutely NOTHING about it then I don't see why that's not pathetic, since they didn't have any clear goals on how and what they were going to do about their bitterness. Let's face it, everyone can eventually become bitter at some point in their life, if you haven't been bitter before then you've been lucky, you must have good, health, or wealth, etc., and people around you that care about you to support you so even if you did feel down you bounce right back quickly, but some people don't have the same exact things or resources available to them that will help them bounce back quickly so sometimes they have a really hard time to accept any responsibilities of their own that they play a part in their own bitterness. They dwell on it, and sulk, mope, cry, moan and would only be willing to blame others and not blame themselves; not even a blame themselves a little for their current bitterness.

I personally don't really care, do people not realize that we didn't get to pick the gender that we are part of in the first place?

We NEVER got to pick who or what the fuck we were going to become before even brought into existence into this world. So why blame each other over the stuff we didn't even and can't even pick and choose in the first place?

We're just born into one of those genders or gender identities.

Same goes for pretty much everything else.

There's way too much shit in this world that is way outside of everyone's control in the first place!

At some point, if you are bitter then you have to figure out what is it exactly that you are willing to do or can do? Then what are you going to do about your bitterness or unhappiness? What CAN you do? Focus on what you CAN do, and forget about what you CANNOT do.

No one else can fix you and make you happy or not bitter, you have to figure out what is it that you want to do and just fucking do it already!

Or don't, and continue moaning and crying and being bitter about it all and continue to blame someone else and take zero responsibilities for your bitterness, because it's going to continue and remain in that cycle since you left it as it is and absolutely fucking did NOTHING to change your bitterness!

• Eh, I only care about myself so I don't really feel bad but I don't nessesarily think they are pathetic either.

Usually there are reasons for why they ended up that way ie, difficult family life, bullying, ugly appearance, social anxiety etc.. The people who aren't bitter and enjoy mocking those who are bitter generally have better lives and haven't dealt with the same things the bitter people have.

And the people who make fun of them/write them off as bitter or butthurt are just making the problem worse. They are just making them even more bitter.

• I don't really care about them. Bitterness doesn't come from the outside it starts within, it's people not being content with themselves and thinking they are entitled to ideas above their station. They almost all fail to try and work for what they are moaning about.

• I'm bitter about this damn bitter question while I'm drinking my bitter coffee xD

But yeah its pathetic. If you hate something about your life do what successful people do. Improve yourself and your weaknesses. Get better, bigger, stonger, faster whatever. Just do it and shut the fuck up.

• I feel bad for them because i understand it. I have been very bitter before. Now i just know that there's a bunch of cunts out there and i must weed through them to find the perfect cunt.
    Regardless...
    scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...42953081_n.jpg

• I think it is sad they are bitter but at the same time I understand how someone's personal experiences can taint their view on the opposite gender (or really any group of people they interact with). The average individual has no understanding of just how much their environment affects their thinking rather than judging based off of empirical evidence. It is in our nature to survive best by stereotyping groups we have had positive/negative interactions with in order to minimize harm done to us.

• E) neither
    society is who made them what they are. Society, circumstances beyond their control. Life choices they made for themselves or chosen lifestyle choices. bitterness isn't self brought for some but made in certain circumstances warrant the state of bitterness.

• *shrugs* it is what it is.

• Our societies western , eastern is just torn up , and sometimes yeah its just sad and pathetic

• no i dont think that at all. it is a symptom of a sick society.

• I think it's pathetic.

• Would you date a guy that wears pullups?