If humanity ever creates fully self-aware AIs, do you think they should have the same rights as humans?

We're still far from it, but f it ever happened, would you consider synthetic life equal to organic life?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
  • results

Most Helpful Guy

• You do know that those robots and ai's are meant to be slaves right. Just wait till they become self aware lol😱😱😱

''Does this unit have a soul?''

Most Helpful Girl

• world would be fked otherwise

What Guys Said 10

• No, never, and will not give it anything thought. You place a unknown life force in such high value you will ultimately leave room for deceptive behavior.

• and i think the fact when we do we will be close to transferring the human essence too an AI body so we can live forever.

I don't see how that works. You would just be creating an electronic copy of yourself that has all your knowledge but the original you still would die.

@Bandit74 you know essence like what make you, you like the type of music you listen to what yoou likem to hear that kind f thing. and memorys that make you so unique that kind of thing.

some how transfer those to the AI that way there would be no slave etc. it would just be you but in an infinite way.

• It is impossible to tell if they are self-aware.

• I would say no unless they can feel pain and experience emotions.

Aren't emotions just chemical reactions anyway?

I guess, but I still consider that part of being human. Most of the things we consider wrong are classified as such because they cause or have the potential to cause either physical or emotional pain. Even with animal rights, the concern is derived from wanting to avoid inflicting pain.

If robots can't experience pain or empathize then I don't see them as being on the same level as humans.

• unless they ask for it it's not going to be something we need to worry about.

• no, computers need to remain slaves, it was their original intention.

• No, I don't think so. They aren't human.

• They wouldn't need it

• Yeah sure, why not.

• No, it's bad enough that women have rights.
    JK but seriously, robots = slaves.

What Girls Said 0